It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets talk Brink.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Anyone playing? Anyone playing on 360?

I am loving this game at the mo, I like COD's but this is on a whole other level, more like Team Fortress I believe.

The team based objective gameplay is something i've wanted for a long time (without being a cartoon).
You need to work with your team to be successful, Though lone wolves can do some good, as a team you will be gods.

I don't have many gripes with it, just wish more people were playing so there aren't as many bots.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I have it for the PS3...but I have the same problem...not many people playing it online...thinking about trading it in because i wanted to play with people and not bots...and I can't find more than 2 people playing at any one time

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

Don't forget it's still fairly new and as word gets around as to how good it is i'm sure more will join the fight.

I have 4 characters, my first guy kind of turned into an engineer (awesome class BTW) so then I made a heavy type soldier, a light type operative and i'm considering a light type for my medic too.

I don't mind playing with or against bot's (on this game their pretty sharp) but when I get into a game thats full of real people it's gonna be so much harder.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

ya i might wait another month to see how the gamer turn out is...but if it isn't improved by then I'll prob be trading it in

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

WHat settings do you use?
I do get some fairly full games.

I play against everyone, my rank or higher.

In freeplay I make it versus.

You should get into a game with 2 or 3 peeps and then more will join (hopefully).

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I do competition because it has a minimum requirement for human players...but it still doesn't work all that often for ps3 yet

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Oh yeah I forgot about those options, I play standard because I haven't worked out what the differences are yet.
Any Ideas?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I just know that competition is the only one with a minimum requirement for human players...haven't been playing it much though lately

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I'm still fairly new to the game, I was just today playing with my Light Body operative and found you can wall slide down walls before you do the wall jump, I did it down a lift shaft.

I take it you payed full price, do you feel a little cheated like me.
As much as I enjoy it there's just not enough game to warrant a 35£ price tag. 25£ at most.
edit on 2-6-2011 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
i paid in $...60 of them to be exact...i had it pre ordered with really high hopes...they've incorporated some fun team based strategy and some cool utilities between different characters (i personally like espionage class or whatever it's called)...but yes a little disappointed in the gamer turnout so far...like I said I'll wait and see what happens when the price drops and ore people own it

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I rented Brink last week and loved it, probably going to buy it this week.. The only problem I have with it is the lag, sometimes games are fine but then a lot are just terrible.
Before searching for a game, change the Match Settings to big teams (or something like that.. I returned the game so I can't look), my friend and I both had better luck finding real people by doing that.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I have no problem getting full games in freeplay now.
I am enjoying it even more than what I first was.

I haven't heard a single other person over microphone.

Lag can be a nuisance, but it's down to another player with lower net capabilities, so leave that game and find another.

I found I can get more points by being a good medic and buffing everyone and reviving. I got 6000 odd points as opposed to the 4000 I usually get by killing everyone as engineer.

It is so worthy of the price I payed now. A great action RPG/FPS.

new topics

top topics

join