It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof: Station on MARS

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I stand corrected
I didn't bother to look - I've done tons of artwork that was drawn pixel by pixel - its obvious to me

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I never said it was a base...nor a habitat or whatever the OP claims. I just simply do not believe the pixel theory, nor the cosmic ray theory. I have looked at the links. I have read the thread. I have seen what some say it is or believe it is and what it's not. I am not convinced. So far, no one has provided any evidence that has anything remotely close to what the OP was showing. Some example have been provided yes, but still nothing in regard to Mars. This isn't about the moon or whatever other planet you want to think of. My problem is the fact that no one has provided, and so far will not provide other photographic evidence of this happening elsewhere on Mars. I am willing to go with any theory discussed, when there is enough photographic evidence (in terms of Mars) that clearly shows the same thing happening.

I dont buy the cosmic ray one myself but the picture one has been shown more than once.

Ok well if you dont think it's a base or habitat then what do you think it is?

Phages link shows the image in it's original form that was used to make this composite area of Mars. You can DL the picture yourself if you want in the links he provides.

On a side note

If you like Mars anomalies check out these sites if you havent come across them before. Some things i don't agree with but there are some cool pics here nonetheless.
Mars Anomaly Research
I have found some very cool things on here. I don't doubt something is up with Mars but not everything is something suspicious, some things can be explained.
Pegasus Research Consortium
This is another site I like to look at with Mars anomalies

I wish I had GM but I dont. I have been looking online for the pics to show you but its somehow easier to find anomalies than pixel errors
but i have seen them. I had a lot of these pics saved on my old computer but it crapped out earlier this year so I lost everything which really sucked because I had hundreds upon hundreds of pics from Mars and Google Mars.

Mblah

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by breadmaker99
I rarely post on ATS, because, every other poster has the motto "I do not want to believe" but for those with an open mind and "want to believe" please enjoy this proof of buildings on mars

Building

Building close-up

Google Mars, follow the black spot and enjoy

edit on 02/07/2011 by breadmaker99 because: Extra photo

Why wasn't this commented on? Was it debunked already? Is it the same anomaly in question here?

Just curious, thanks guys!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by whipnet

what are the cords? have you looked at original photo yet?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by whipnet

*yawn* Yeah that's "proof" alright...

Debunked, sorry: DEBUNKED

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by whipnet

Originally posted by breadmaker99
I rarely post on ATS, because, every other poster has the motto "I do not want to believe" but for those with an open mind and "want to believe" please enjoy this proof of buildings on mars

Building

Building close-up

Google Mars, follow the black spot and enjoy

edit on 02/07/2011 by breadmaker99 because: Extra photo

Why wasn't this commented on? Was it debunked already? Is it the same anomaly in question here?

Just curious, thanks guys!

found the original image from Mars Express, looks like this "building" is erosional feature of S. Polar cap
http://
viewer.mars.asu.edu/planetview/inst/hrsc#/planetview/inst/hrsc/H6908_0000_ND3

edit on 7-6-2011 by youallcrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
hello everyone i'm new to ATS but a long time lurker. sorry if this has already been posted, but i have found 5 bunker like things on mars. here are the coordinates.

45°56'55.51"N 23°32'17.57"E
45°42'39.84"N 23°33'31.02"E
45° 0'37.09"N 23°37'36.28"E
43°47'19.47"N 23°43'39.98"E
41°46'54.62"N 23°53'2.53"E

I wonder if there could be more, i stopped looking because i got tired.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by shorty1

You'll notice that they all occur along the line where two images are stitched together.
That's a good indication that they are artifacts of the stitching process rather than something on the surface.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

i didn't really notice that at first, but now that i went back and looked again what you said makes sense.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
lol, I just came across this new claim too, video on youtube of these bunkers. Like you said where two images of differing resolution are stitched together. But really cool area and pics of Mars in the original source photos.

http://
viewer.mars.asu.edu/planetview/inst/hrsc#/planetview/inst/hrsc/H1398_0000_ND4

in bottom half of the photo some really interesting polygonal landscape with very high relief or extreme angle of sun, to give really dark shadows that seem more man-made than any of these photo defects so far
. Probably permafrost polygons but not sure.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Considering that they all appear identical, I am inclined to think that they may be due to a dead receptor/cell inside the camera on the imaging satellite.

It is interesting to note that the original anomaly has only been imaged once. If you activate the "Spacecraft Imagery" check-box in google earth you can see that the original point in question is missed by more detailed imaging satellite images.

Normally when an anomaly is found on a satellite image, it will be left on the said image until the satellite updates the the area and if the second(third, fourth, etc...) image doesn't show an identical anomaly then the anomaly can be proven to have been a glitch caused by a stray electron due to ionising radiation, static, etc...

Glitches in images are commonplace in any environment that is susceptible to ionising radiation. You can see evidence of this in this footage from inside the Chernobyl reactor at this link.

www.youtube.com...

You can see quite a few such flashes at around the 30 sec mark but they last right though the video. (the sound is pretty woeful at the start but it improves)

I wouldn't say that it's "definitely" an imaging glitch, though it appears to be the most likely answer.

Time will tell

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

If you're talking about the stitching artifacts in this post, www.abovetopsecret.com...

They do not appear in the source images at all. The are a result of Google's processing of the original images.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Only my first paragraph in my post was referring to the stitched image.

I haven't seen the original....I stand corrected. Thanks

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Sure. I'm gonna scan the entire surface of Mars looking for things a couple of hundred yards long.
Tell you what....no.

And you guys call yourselves debunkers?

No, you call them debunkers. I, for one, call them rational.

That things are not as they appear is the neat part of life-- sometimes it is also mundane. There are plenty of things to be excited about, this just is not one of them.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Its NOT proof.

Where is the proof?

Just some distant object.

Well done!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The ONLINE version of the word "proof" literally translates to "my opinion" in REALITY.

FAIL
edit on 8-6-2011 by renegade1179 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ok, I've got that 355 megabyte (!) file H5620_0000_ND2 in the NASA Viewer.

But wow, it's still a pretty big area.

Can you give me a hint?

The viewer basically gives a horizontal and vertical positioning by SAMPLE and LINE

(example: SAMPLE 1615 LINE 472)

Where did you find the sweet spot?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Fox news is playing a segment explaining the "station" right now. 10:53 eastern Time.
He's saying it's a cosmic ray track. Oh well...

edit on 8/6/11 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/6/11 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

edit on 8-6-2011 by ilaruum because: Who knows what was on the original photo..

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by algomeysa
reply to post by Phage

Ok, I've got that 355 megabyte (!) file H5620_0000_ND2 in the NASA Viewer.

But wow, it's still a pretty big area.

Can you give me a hint?

The viewer basically gives a horizontal and vertical positioning by SAMPLE and LINE

(example: SAMPLE 1615 LINE 472)

Where did you find the sweet spot?

Look at this picture...

edit on 8-6-2011 by skyer74 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join