It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof: Station on MARS

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by youallcrazy

On Google Mars.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The higher-resolution sections of the map are derived from the High-Resolution Stereo Camera (HRSC) on board ESA’s Mars Express satellite (large full-color swaths of data running north-south, including higher-resolution terrain)

I read this...but don't see where I can find the exact image H5620_0000_ND2 listed...also your link to the image does not appear to work.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by youallcrazy

Try this link for the online viewer
viewer.mars.asu.edu...

The link to the image works fine.
As I said, you have to download it and use a viewer to open it.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I haven't read to the end, so if this has already been linked, forgive me.

Nasa did ask for volunteers to go on a one way trip to Mars. Wouldn't they have to have some kind of structure for the volunteers to live in?
Nasa asks for volunteers

AYE

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
If anyone has a spare few million we could go to mars and have a look. We can do this with the technology NASA already has.

if NASA will lend or sell us two of their shuttles all we need to do is modify a shuttle fuel tank to be retained by the orbiter and not jettisoned, after launch it can then be pressurised. The second shuttle will then dock on the other side of the fuel tank.

The complete assembly would then leave orbit and head to mars using SRB engines brought up in the hold of the first shuttle. during the approx one year flight the crew would attach two modified shuttle SRB's to the top of the wings of one of the shuttles which will also be equiped with heavy duty balloon tyres on the landing gear.

Once in martian orbit the lander shuttle would then detatch and land. The area can then be explored using quad bikes, firefighting breathing apparatus and heated diving suits. The lander can then launch horizontally using the wing mounted SRB's and dock with the other shuttle and the fuel tank. The assembly can then return to earth after leaving orbit via another set of SRB engines.

Ok, it has a few problems, like the air supply, but I thought a few hundred plants growing in the pressurised fuel tank might help with that. There is always the possibilty that we'd find a useable structure and be able to stay longer than planned. this would probably require a second mission to be sent from earth to give supplies to the temporary base.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The problem with the World is that its full of people like you who have no imagination. Who gives a crap if it might be a smudge or an overlay, you don't know that, no one on here does. I didn't know that you were a Google Earth expert.We are just taking a guess, with what we see with our own two eyes. It could be a smudge deliberately put there to hide us from the truth. We don't know, and neither do you. Why the hell can't people just wonder & imagine what could really be out there?

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Albert Einstein

You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
Mark Twain

edit on 2-6-2011 by FadeProof because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
So what do we have here?

A member posts a link to a youtube video. Makes no comments about it himself then vanishes. Something the member has been doing a lot lately.

Some effort is put into showing the source of the image and explaining (on page 5) that Google cannot be used for serious examination of "anomalies". And yet the comments and stars continue for 12 pages without having followed the thread to see what may have been learned.

edit on 6/2/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

I guess denying ignorance is more a goal around here, these days, than a motto. haha.
edit on 2-6-2011 by Demoncreeper because: Truth

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Thanks Phage for the images and links...I couldnt get the PDS viewer to work but was able to find photo from link you posted at http:// viewer.mars.asu.edu/planetview/inst/hrsc#/planetview/inst/hrsc/H5620_0000_ND3
the missing pixels (white "station") are located about in the middle of the photo 1/5 of the way up from the bottom.
edit on 2-6-2011 by youallcrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Interesting.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JonStone

What's interesting?
Why is it interesting?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
E.T.? Perhaps creating a space station, have you ever seen the face on Mars?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by warren3720
E.T.? Perhaps creating a space station, have you ever seen the face on Mars?

You mean this face?
hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by smartbuddy

Great find whatever it turns out to be. I imagine someone has spoken with David the maker of the video. It sure looks a lot different in this video that on the higher resolution image from Phage above. Someone mentioned they thought it could not be a pixelation error because they don't look like that. Will be as curious as anyone to discover what this is.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Probably a government playhouse

Or some kind of space station

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
hi,, cannot find it,, when i enter this url the message from that site says the image does not exist?

viewer.mars.asu.edu...#/planetview/inst/hrsc/H5620_0000_ND3

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by NumbNuts
Don't know if it has been mentioned earlier in the thread but there is a huge field of similar objects about 20 miles to the east. Interestingly it is in another image slice, which may have a higher resolution. The proximity to the north pole may suggest some sort of natural ice structure. The video uploader doesn't seem to want to entertain the idea of a natural construct. How he can say it looks "well maintained" when each pixel is probably about 30 feet square is beyond me!

As I'm not all the way back through this thread,
do you have a screen shot, would be most appreciated...I cant do it.
cheers

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwcoc
try.....www.esa.int... have hi def pics....mars express
edit on 2-6-2011 by mwcoc because: (no reason given)

« ESA

The page you are looking for is not present anymore or is temporarily unavailable. Please choose one of the topics below and update your bookmarks accordingly.

Shut down all ready....
hhmmmm, that never happens does it?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by posthuman

Originally posted by amaster
I appologise if this was brought up already, but I haven't read through all the comments yet. Has any one questioned the massive forrests of mushroom/tree like structures due north?

74°14'48.55"N, 29°21'14.68"W

I re-registered (against my better judgement) to reply to this post; wtf is that area??

Please please! Post a pic!
2nd

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by alphaMegas

to tell the truth,

it doesn't look like phages explanation.

now, phage has a good one and back up for it but what makes it 3d on google?

it DOES look like something is there and phage's explanation and "proof" is also credible.

what about the colors?

is this like the Shakespeare writing monkey's?

take enough pics and you can find anything?

i'm still on defense.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
For those who seem to have not bothered (it helps to follow the thread).

The source image which Google used is from ESA's Mars Express orbiter, using the high resolution stereo camera. The image ID: H5620_0000_ND2

You can find it here:
HRSC viewer

If you want to download the full image you can get it here:
psa.esac.esa.int...
It is large, 355 MB. You will need a viewer to decode the image. You can get that here:
pds.nasa.gov...

This is what it looks like at full native resolution:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d4a0268cb01e.gif[/atsimg]
This is what it looks like zoomed 300%
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5d7510372308.png[/atsimg]

It is obviously an image artifact in the source image. Note the one pixel spacing. Note that the pixels are in a horizontal line across the image.

Okay....I don't want to be too cheeky, but I seriously I don't know what the hell I'm doing with those links. The second one didn't even work. Could you waste 5 min, and I would be grateful, and post an idiots guide, you know a step by step
I respectfully include, your explanations so far, are still unconvincing.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join