It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't I get "You're going to hell!" PMs?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I just heard that MrXYZ, one of my favorite fellow atheists here on ATS gets private messages telling him he's going to hell.

Why don't I?

Come on, I rouse quite a bit of stuff against Christianity, don't I? Can't I get at least one damning from a Christian here?

I mean, I feel like I get a passive aggressive condemnation as I keep seeing "____ has added you as a respected foe" in my inbox quite often, but is it really too much trouble to at least tell me?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Perhaps it's because you're not worth our time?

Just a thought.. but if you feel left out... You're most likely going to hell...
edit on 1-6-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Why don't I get "You're going to hell!" PMs?

Done!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Would it be OK if I added my name to the list. Seems to me that it wouldn't be a huge effort to send a message to a bunch of people. I've never really posted anything to offend any religious groups but I'm happy to do a few if that would be a condition of being on the list.

How far would I have to go ? Could I say that religion is not an awfully useful idea and that it has caused a few problems in the world or would it have to be stronger than that?

Anyway add me to the list if you're reading this because I think religion sucks. ( Unless it's like the Church of England where it's mostly about tea on the lawn and wearing silly hats )

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

Come on, I rouse quite a bit of stuff against Christianity, don't I? Can't I get at least one damning from a Christian here?

Hell is a Christian concept and since you rouse alot about it maybe they figure you don't believe in hell so there is no reason to damn you to a place you don't believe in ... I don't know just a thought!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Maybe you are not controversial enough
Put a pentagram with a goat in your avatar.
Maybe then you will be told you are going to hell.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

If your going to hell, can ya bring back some ice?

I keep hearing it's frozen over and I need some for my drink. It's flippin humid here!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I think its mean spirited to tell atheists they are going to hell, its bad enough that place will be filled with protestants when you get there (Then you'll find out why they call it hell
).

I do feel bad that I forgot to send you an Atheist Christmas card last year. I'll have to remember to put you on my list for next year.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Have you gotten enough attention from people yet?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxNormal

Wow...someone saying I'm doing this for attention.

I'm actually using this as a joking way to address that atheists are routinely told that they're going to go to hell. The fact that any atheist on this site is getting told that they're going to go to hell is disgusting and disturbing. Sure, they don't believe in the place, but that's just like saying "You're going to get your butt beaten!".

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

If you really do not belive in god, hell, etc........ Then why would you care at all in anyway about any religon and what they think. They are fake to you. So either you do belive in god and want to be a big bad rebel or you just want attention about something you do not belive in. If you do not belive and its a fantasy why would you care at all what some thinks or says from a religon you do not think is real? Again if you do not belive in god or hell why would you care about not getting pm's about going to hell. That is just stupid and waste of energy and time on your part. You ONLY want attention or want some one to convince you to go to church. Sick huh how your own mind fools ya.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

You can go straigh to Candyland! See doenst mean a thing to ya huh? It is you, it is in your head, you are offened by what people say or appranetly do not say to you because of something in you you dont like or want to change.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Heck I will go one step further and show how I know you belive in god and stuff. YOUR NAME. What maddness in what hmmm a SOUL, Really but your a non beliver. Cmon get off the fence either you have a soul and there is alot of other stuff or no you have no soul you disapper when you die and there is nothing but this dying reality. I think we have soul and should just be nice, meditate that stuff ya know. And ignore the crap.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Living easy, lovin free,

season ticket on a one way ride.

Asking nothing, leave me be

taking everything in my stride.

Don't need a reason, don't need a rhyme

ain't nothing i would rather do.

Going down, party time. And my friends are gonna be there too

I'm on a highway to hell highway to hell

And proud of it!!!!!!

Oh...wait. You wanted a damning from a christian. I thought you were looking for a ride there. Nvm then! Please disregard my last transmission!

edit on 1-6-2011 by webpirate because: additional thoughts

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I'm an ex-christian madness. I still remember how to damn people, and holds their sins against them if that's acceptable.

On topic: I wouldn't get too upset at being told you're going to a place that doesn't exist. At least you aren't being called a heathen on a daily basis. My whole family is still christian, so I'm the lone godless heathen now at reunions and weddings and such. Makes life interesting though. But I never really think of it as disgusting and disturbing they all think I'm going to hell. Meh! whatever.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Ouch that has got to suck.
I imagine that is the biggest hurdle for many to question or leave their faith their
family and peers prevent them from doing so.
You lose all your social ties or face ridicule from those around you
instead of acceptance for what you do or don't believe in.
Children who are born into evangelical or fundamentalist culture never really get the chance to choose what they believe in and if they do depending on the culture they face ridicule or worse.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
ChEcK YoUr InBoX!!!

But you probably are going somewhere really really bad.. like Detroit or something..

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I guess some people don't have one of these:

Maybe Christians think not even Devil would want you

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
ChEcK YoUr InBoX!!!

But you probably are going somewhere really really bad.. like Detroit or something..

Nah, the Metatron said it in Dogma:

Bethany: Were they sent to Hell?
Metatron: Worse. Wisconsin. For the entire span of human history.

Source

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Post a pic of yourself like this as your avy and you will get all kinds of U2Us damning you to hell!

I got a few nasty u2us from people calling satanic and evil and a witch..Some said I couldnt dress lol
The pic is from an 80's party and Im not satanic nor am I evil. It's just funny how people judged me based on my avy which was an actual pic of me!

I LOVE this pic too btw..mostly because it seemed to piss people off lol

rock n' roll baby!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join