It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Springfield tornados LIVE / Heavy damages (saw in live)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by LaTouffe

When we have tonadoes in Massachussetts ? Something some where is just wrong.
edit on 2-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Not necessarily true. There are tornadoes in MA every year, just typically not in heavily populated areas. There have been a lot more warnings associated with storms as of late as opposed to what I have seen in my 26 years in the state, but I would say that has more to do with better technology allowing for more alert preparedness, etc. That and the news stations wanting people glued to their TV set everytime the dreaded T-word is mentioned in New England.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Somewhat off-topic elaboration on the news thing, I was absolutely appalled with how the local reporters and anchorfolk were conducting themselves. It's a shame that in the face of such a tragedy, these people spetnt more time trying to find numbers of deaths/injuries and repeatedly showing the same 4 clips of destruction over and over and over as opposed to mentioning centers where people whose homes were destroyed could stay or anything of a beneficial nature.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Don't believe in fear. It's not because we have massive storms or massive tornadoes everywhere that all of that can be related to haarp or other. Don't forget that each year we know events increasing in power and devastation.
Governments like USA, China or West Europe just want glory and economy leadership, forgetting climate changing, greenhouse effect and other. So dirty industries increase in number and earth is suffering. Conclusion : weather is affected and because humans haven't moved for protecting earth in spite of his economic,glory interests, severe weather is increasing. Maybe one day, when the world will be at critical point, we will understand. But at this moment, governments have nothing in their head.

Note : cosmic events can also affect earth. Maybe we have an addition of cosmic/green house effect and maybe haarp also.
edit on 11/04/11 by LaTouffe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
yeah iam still in disbelief. all happen while was at work safly in ct.
billboards are riped down trees down evrywhere!
the power is out in various parts of town. this twister touched down just under a mile from my home. ohh and the NATIONAL GARD has been deployed!
needless to say the bug out bag is packed and ready to go...
begening of the sht hitting the fan?
edit on 2-6-2011 by jplaysguitar because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-6-2011 by jplaysguitar because: no edit

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
To those of you saying that this is normal for this area, stop lying. When have you seen so many tornadoes, constant lightning that goes on for hours. We had these weird clouds that looked smooth and pregnant as well.
Also the Governor said that he was sending the national guard to Worcester (Woostaah) but now they are saying that nothing happened there.. Also, there were more tornadoes than what they are reporting, just look at the videos.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Elieser

I have lived in or just outside of Woostaaah my whole life, so grew up with stories of the devastating tornado that hit us some 55 years ago so it's not impossible by any sense of the word. Lightnin has occurred like that too, I can remember one instance where a similar lightning storm occurred for about a half hour to 45 minutes in either 2000 or 2001. As uncommon as these storms were in their frequency and strength, they HAVE occurred before.

*edit*
They are only saying it was 2 tornadoes because it can't be confirmed if the first continued all the way to Sturbridge or if it was receding and reforming or if there were truly 5 or 6 separate tornadoes that formed as the one cell moved east.
edit on 2-6-2011 by Sacreligion because: elaboration

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Four dead as tornadoes tear across Bay state

4 Dead As Tornadoes Tear Across Bay State At Least 7 Tornadoes Touch Down In Mass.

By Veronica Haynes, Senior News Editor By Veronica Haynes, Senior

BOSTON -- Four people were killed on Wednesday as at least seven tornadoes spurred by a band of powerful and destructive thunderstorms tore across Massachusetts, state officials said. Tornadoes were confirmed in Springfield, Wilbraham, Westfield, Monson, Brimfield, Sturbridge and Oxford. Two people were killed in the West Springfield storm, one in Springfield and one in Brimfield, according to the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency's Peter Judge. The state fire marshal said the Brimfield victim was killed when a seasonal motel partially collapsed. Storm spotters and residents said they also saw tornadoes in West Springfield, Agawam, Charlton, Millbury...

Seven tornadoes in Mass, in one day?

Say what?

Weird weather.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
How many Tornado's since the beginning of 2011?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Just curious, didn't that web bot thing say something about "ill winds"???
Makes me wonder.

Where is the illumanti card for this one?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sacreligion

Well I'll have to redact my statemnent then and take it from someone who lives there. Especially since I'm in Cali. I revise then to I just havn't ever heard of tornados in Mass. Thank you for the retort. You just made ATS that much better.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
As someone who was born and raised in central Mass. I can tell you that tornadoes are not at all uncommon.
They are indeed a yearly thing, however, usually they occur in the western half of the state often in the much less populated areas. Rarely do they touchdown, for rarely are they as strong as these, usually barely an F1 category.
However, F5 category tornadoes such as these are not out of the ordinary, if infrequent. In the early to mid 80's we had some powerful ones though in the lower populated areas, and in the late 50's we had one that is often referred to as it was in one of the major population centers and did a fair amount of damage.

So basically, no, this is NOT a sign of the Apocalypse. It is NOT an attack by the government using HAARP.

And it is not proof that the weather is out of control and trying to destroy us all.
edit on 6/2/2011 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
the poor woman in my home town lost her life to the powerful storm! she shield her baby from the debris flying up to 160 mph
the baby is safe and so is the father . what a mother will do to save a newborn is special. she well be rememberd in our hometown...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jplaysguitar

If you're reffering to the mother who protected her child by covering her after getting her in the bathtub in West Springfield, the child isn't a newborn,..... the child is 15

Just wanted to make a fact a fact.

If you're not reffering to that mother/child, then nevermind.
edit on 5-6-2011 by BrnBdry because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join