It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Suspicious Device at Dallas-Ft. Worth Airport was Microphone

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
A suspicious device located in a piece of luggage caused a partial evacuation of DFW Int'l Airport Thursday afternoon. The device was discovered during a routine screening for checked baggage and led to the evacuation of American Airlines terminal C. The device appeared to be a pipe bomb, and officials treated it as though it is an actual explosive device. Investigation of the object showed it to be an old microphone.

KGBT

The owner of the luggage continued to the terminal after checking his bags and boarded a flight to Philadelphia. Security officials in Philadelphia met that flight and questioned the passenger on arrival. He was not arrested.

The bomb squad examined the device in an open field on airport property. The device is described as a pipe with "wires and threaded caps."

[edit on 5-8-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Ah yes, all the crazy's are coming out now!

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This isn't good news, i'll flick it over to the news soon.
Not good

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
If this even turns out to be a bomb (we've had plenty of false alarms in that past) I really wouldn't expect a major terrorist group to be behind such a crude and easily spotted attempt. Probably some nutcase, thats if it even turns out to be a bomb. Let's keep an eye on this one.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
There is still a little over two months before the Election date in the United States. This means a little over two months for the terrorist attack to happen, if it does.

The show is not over yet. My hope is that nothing happens. The terrorist attack will be used as justification to strip more of the people's freedoms of the United States.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL
There is still a little over two months before the Election date in the United States. This means a little over two months for the terrorist attack to happen, if it does.

The show is not over yet. My hope is that nothing happens. The terrorist attack will be used as justification to strip more of the people's freedoms of the United States.

There doesn't even need to be an attack for that to happen, as we have seen. All it takes is the possibility of an attack for them to start stripping rights. It has already begun and by no means is it over.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Anymore news on this?
Just checked Skynews, CNN, BBC and they haven't even spoke of this yet. Must be under control

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
They are probably keeping the coverage down until they can figure out what's going on. Don't want a big panic...

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Does anyone think Bush will get re-elected if there IS a terrorist attack? If it happens before election he will probably lose it. It would show America that he is not capable of the job and the public will probably vote against him.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I doubt it's somebody with intentions of using it to cause harm.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Bit of an update:

The person who checked the luggage with the device in it boarded a flight to Philly. Apparently the plane was allowed to take off after the device was found (??!?!??) and now officials are waiting in Philly for the plane to land.
No word yet on whether they've figured out what the device is.
I'm interested to know WHY the plane was allowed to take off after this thing was found!

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by build319
Does anyone think Bush will get re-elected if there IS a terrorist attack? If it happens before election he will probably lose it. It would show America that he is not capable of the job and the public will probably vote against him.

I think that would entirely depend on how he handled the aftermath of the attack. Really in all honesty, I think another attack would boost his chances of being re-elected, but that's just my take on it. Look at his approval ratings after the 9-11 attack. I think people tend to rally around their leader - love him or hate him - when there is trouble. Basic sheep psychology.

Merely an opinion.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Maybe the gov. doesnt want panic in the media. If they didnt let the plane take off there would have been instant coverage on the tv from the major man made weather outlets. -----Guaranteed-----

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Ok, the plane gets off the ground and is going towards philly. Why aren't they ordering the plane to land? If explosive devices were found in his luggage, why are they waiting for him to blow up the plane or fly it into a building?

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
Bit of an update:

The person who checked the luggage with the device in it boarded a flight to Philly. Apparently the plane was allowed to take off after the device was found (??!?!??) and now officials are waiting in Philly for the plane to land.
No word yet on whether they've figured out what the device is.
I'm interested to know WHY the plane was allowed to take off after this thing was found!

Thank you for the update Banshee
Is it me or is those this seem abit weird

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
www.dfw.com...

You have to register with the site so I will paste the story here.

D/FW terminal evacuated after device found

The Associated Press

Several gates at an American Airlines terminal at the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport were evacuated Thursday after security officials found a suspicious device during a routine baggage screening.

The device, which resembled a pipe, was found during a Transportation Security Administration baggage screening and set off an alarm, airport officials said.

"The pipe had wires and threaded caps," airport spokesman David Magaa said. "There are certain triggers that will stop down a screener and that was one of them."

The bag was dropped off for screening by a passenger who later boarded a flight to Philadelphia, Magaa said. He said the passenger was still in flight at mid-afternoon and would be questioned upon landing.

A bomb disposal squad was called in to remove the device from the screening machine using a robot. They planned to transport it to an open field on airport property for inspection.

Magaa said flights were being diverted to open gates. Some passengers may experience brief delays, he said.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The elections will be haulted if there is another "attack",thats all part of this plan.Rember that al gore was supposed to be our pres right as we speak.Rember that bush has an ajenda to carry out,bush is a sheep of the illuminati..when another "attack" happends elections will be haulted!!!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
What is most unusual about this story is that it does not meet the requirement to reconcile the luggage, whereby it must be on the same aircraft as the passenger, if it is an originating flight.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
If you believe what you have posted than there is no hope for a two party system. Don't vote you stinking liberal. No matter what our current president does or does not do you blame him for everthing. You have fallen into the hands of the enemy and don't think there is none. Get up of your ass and fight for our country.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I was a US MARINE For 4 years,,,dont tell me to get off my @##,,,,i have seen first hand the death that our govermant deals out to others,including its own people.You heard the announcement a few weeks ago that elections will be haulted if another "attack" takes place,assurance my faulterd american..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join