It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your definition of a chemtrail?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Question: What is your definition of a chemtrail?

Let's try to keep things civil, no need to debate the individual definitions here. My hope is that this will help clear things up in the chemtrail threads a little bit.

So post your definition, and try to be as specific as you can, and if your definition changes come back and post it.

This will save time, I believe, in that we wont have to argue over who believes what. We will already have that, hopefully, for the most part in this thread.

P.S. To Frater, and the and the others on board with the silence thing, come back on sept 1 and let everyone know your definitions if you want.
edit on 1-6-2011 by GringoViejo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
When I think of a chemtrail- I refer to it as a stream or line cloud emitted from a jet that does not dissipate within 10 or so seconds. IMO it is chemtrails when there are lines and lines crisscrossed in the sky that eventually turn into fluffier line clouds and some people mistake them for real clouds....If the length of the cloud stays the same distance away from the aircraft, I think it is just a contrail....

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

Thanks for sharing your definition/opinion! Star for that and your awesome avatar

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GringoViejo

it would be nice to get some sort of consensus on what time frame a contrail should last before it is classified a chemtrail.

And a unified theory on what their purpose is. (is that asking too much too soon?)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I don't think too much, but maybe too soon. I would hope that if this thread is successful, that then it will be easier for the people who believe in the chemtrail theory to come up with a singular theory. Or at least closer to one.

Plus, we'll at least have some sort of reference as to what an individual is talking about when they say chemtrails, and don't have to waste time going through to it.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I leave dangerous chemtrails a day after eating a hot chilli con carne.

I hope that clears the air.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Perhaps asking for them to be gotten rid of entirely is asking too much ??

Even if every single line out of a plane is a "contrail", i object to contrailers saying they are "NormaL" "EverdaY".

Completely changing the light from the sun and causing drops in temperatures is NOT normal.

They are seeded clouds, since they would not exist without artificial means...and there are WAY too many of em.

Frankly i HATE those lines in the sky, and am really mystified as to how others do not.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Mine is jsut the 1 from Wiki -

The chemtrail conspiracy theory holds that some trails left by aircraft are actually chemical or biological agents deliberately sprayed at high altitudes for a purpose undisclosed to the general public in clandestine programs directed by government officials......

......does not refer to common forms of aerial spraying such as crop dusting, cloud seeding, skywriting, or aerial firefighting. The term specifically refers to aerial trails allegedly caused by the systematic high-altitude release of chemical substances not found in ordinary contrails, resulting in the appearance of uncharacteristic sky tracks.

-en.wikipedia.org...

I've never heard of chillie clearing the air
- the room maybe....the car certainly....

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
My definition of a 'chemtrail' is a contrail, since 'chemtrails' are make believe.

My definition of a 'chemtrailer':

Tin foil is pretty hard to find, wonder if they realize they are getting horribly poisoned from the aluminum in the foil?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

The chemtrail conspiracy theory holds that some trails left by aircraft are actually chemical or biological agents deliberately sprayed at high altitudes for a purpose undisclosed to the general public in clandestine programs directed by government officials......

......does not refer to common forms of aerial spraying such as crop dusting, cloud seeding, skywriting, or aerial firefighting. The term specifically refers to aerial trails allegedly caused by the systematic high-altitude release of chemical substances not found in ordinary contrails, resulting in the appearance of uncharacteristic sky tracks.

-en.wikipedia.org...
:

Another vote for the Wikipedia definition.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Yes, the wiki definition is the correct one, and it has ALWAYS been the correct one.

Some chemtrail believers have been trying very hard to change the definition so that they can prove they exist. Some chemtrail believers are trying to claim cloud seeding = chemtrails just so they can say chemtrails = real because cloud seeding = real...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

-en.wikipedia.org...
:

Another vote for the Wikipedia definition.

Make that 3 votes.

Uncinus, I hope you don't mind me borrowing your analogy as my username.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
reply to post by Uncinus

Some chemtrail believers have been trying very hard to change the definition so that they can prove they exist. Some chemtrail believers are trying to claim cloud seeding = chemtrails just so they can say chemtrails = real because cloud seeding = real...

Yeess....it's been a bit obvious, hasn't it - how to become a big fish in a small pond - proving that chemtrails exist by the expedient of expanding the defintion to include something that exists...cloud seeding, but apparently not water bombing while firefighting? Both are white chemical trails from aircraft ......

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Another vote for the Wiki definition.
It's a theory with no basis in fact, propogated by non-scientists, to the gullible few who prefer intrigue to actual knowledge.
It also has turned into a money making opportunity selling videos, books, t-shirts, orgonite, and other chotskies. And silver-embedded fabric to wear to avoid all the co-existing nasties that are all glommed together in the conspiracy-minded individuals. Like this handsome hearwear. Sorry, I haven't seen anything for cats yet, although they do sell hankerchiefs, so you could probably just tie it on as a do-rag. If you cat will let you.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

That is interesting, I would go with that option! The tin foil seems to help propagate the HAARP mind control beams, scattering them around you (Safe but helps control the minds of those near you
).

Let's make a startup selling 'chemtrail' prevention devices. We will be bankin'.

On Topic: I usually refer to the Wiki definition when I am debunking 'chemstuff'.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore

Perhaps asking for them to be gotten rid of entirely is asking too much ??

Even if every single line out of a plane is a "contrail", i object to contrailers saying they are "NormaL" "EverdaY".

Completely changing the light from the sun and causing drops in temperatures is NOT normal.

They are seeded clouds, since they would not exist without artificial means...and there are WAY too many of em.

Frankly i HATE those lines in the sky, and am really mystified as to how others do not.

sadly, you option is to eradicate air travel. Tell people they have to walk, drive, bike, or float to their destination.
Even the scientists on our side know that air traffic does cause artificial cloud cover and affects the weather, or at the very least, the temperature. (I will probably get corrected again for that statement) It's part of what we have become. Even without claiming they are poisoning us.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Not at all, its the thinking that if cloud seeding was used without consideration or acknowlodgement of the public, why would they mention if they were sparying chemicals, no one is saying that cloud seeding is the same as chemtrails, No one whos done any homework anyway...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanishr

Not at all, its the thinking that if cloud seeding was used without consideration or acknowlodgement of the public, why would they mention if they were sparying chemicals,

Cloud seeding has been known by the public for years... It's no secret. Most of the public actually insist on cloud seeding in order to prevent hail storms from damaging their property and killing wildlife, and to increase rain for farmland...

no one is saying that cloud seeding is the same as chemtrails, No one whos done any homework anyway...

Obviously you haven't done your homework because there are hundreds of "chemmies" who think cloud seeding makes chemtrails, and they think they are one and the same.
edit on 2-6-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Not at all, its the thinking that if cloud seeding was used without consideration or acknowlodgement of the public, why would they mention if they were sparying chemicals, no one is saying that cloud seeding is the same as chemtrails, No one whos done any homework anyway...

You are not correct, chemtrailers routinely use cloud seeding as evidence of chemtrails, time and time again. Even go look at that video posted under the title "Weather Modification Inc" thread.

And cloud seeding is not done secretly, since it has to be permitted by state regulatory agencies, often its up for public comment and even a vote at times, and its flown out of public airports.

You can even find some of these small planes on flightaware and see their flight tracks.

new topics

top topics

join