It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious markings discovered at Great Pyramid of Giza

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Mysterious markings discovered at Great Pyramid of Giza

news.yahoo.com

Are the glory days of the archaeologist over? Has everything cool and ancient already been discovered? Nope. Thanks to ever-improving technology, several new findings have electrified the Web.

A robot explorer recently discovered ancient markings at the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt. The robotic device found the markings inside a secret chamber inaccessible to humans--and then proceeded to film the painted hieroglyphics and stone markings, which hadn't been seen by human eyes in 4,500 years, via a small robotic camera that was fit through a tiny hole in a stone wall.

It is too soon to
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 1-6-2011 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Its probably just tunnels that lead to the living quarters of the workers near by. They probably had to live under there constantly working, living & dying. I seriously doubt they took the time to bring up those that died working on it. Having mass graves of his 'people' in offshoot tunnels to his grand resting place only seems fitting

No there wont be photos or video of it until they can be sure that the new discovery doesn't contradict the main stream version of how and why the Pyramids were built.

news.yahoo.com...

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
My thread ties in quite well with this actually:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Theres the link to the documentary on iPlayer if you want to watch also

I still find this amazing!

Imagine what they will find when they excavate the rest of it!
edit on 6/1/2011 by Shuzitzu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Shuzitzu

The other thread has to do with Pyramids discovered from Space. This article is about a robot that was sent into the tunnels and found markings inside a secret chamber inaccessible to humans.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I have seen a tv show about these shafts, the last time the robots were sent up they found the way blocked by a tiny gate like structure. Its wierd the pyramid has so few hieroglyphs or markings but some are found here.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
So... any images of these newly discovered markings?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I wonder if current politics in Egypt will ruin this stuff....didn't a recent break in result in destroyed artifacts/mummies?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Source: past horizons

Hadn't had time to view the video yet because I am leaving from work but everyone kept asking for pictures so I decided to google for myself ( google is a useful tool you know ... just saying )
edit on 1-6-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

This is the only image that I can find:

i.cdn.turner.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by penfold
I have seen a tv show about these shafts, the last time the robots were sent up they found the way blocked by a tiny gate like structure. Its wierd the pyramid has so few hieroglyphs or markings but some are found here.

This is a video about a possible theory on the shafts you are talking about

Google Video Link

Any photos of those marking?

edit: thanks for the link miniatus
The only thing that comes in mind when i see this photo of the metal pins is the greenish color, i would say oxidation from some kind of liquid
www.pasthorizons.com...

edit on 1-6-2011 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The story has been covered here at ATS a few times already...

Enjoy

Images from the Great Pyramid's 'chamber of secrets

Mysterious Markings found at great pyramid of giza.

AND

First images from Great Pyramid's chamber of secrets

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/75d888072cc4.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9e86e3bcb8f1.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9a66d126cc34.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This story has been covered last week,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is an interesting subject. I think that stone has been turned around, and whatever may have been in there is long gone
edit on 1-6-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

thanks didnt know

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I believe saw that exact show. This would have been years ago though. Probably mid to late 90's. The spent this time crawling the entire shaft to reach the dead end.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I still prefer the idea that this pyramid was used as some sort of machine, not a burial chamber.. one theory is that chemicals went down that shaft and mixed in the queen's chamber ..

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jassu

I believe saw that exact show. This would have been years ago though. Probably mid to late 90's. The spent this time crawling the entire shaft to reach the dead end.

That was National Geographic and FOX in 2002. National Geographic had an imput on the 'rover'

news.nationalgeographic.com...

A while later they discovered the the North shaft has a similar set-up.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9e86e3bcb8f1.jpg[/atsimg]

So the pic to the right of the other pic here, does that look like a pale green typical grey alien head, or am I seeing things?
edit on 1-6-2011 by Gumerk because: clarification

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
So those red splooges (that to my eye appear raised) are supposed to be hieroglyphs? Come on really...

Looks more like natural mottling on the stone to me of a stronger material than the white leading to the raised look (ie the white erodes quicker than the red). Wouldn't these be far more preserved also compared to other markings in more exposed locations so way are they so damn near impossible to make out?

I say their just seeing faces (symbols) where their are none like humans are apt at doing. Either that or they are trying to find something to link the pyramids with the established archeological theory. I mean the pyramids have no markings in side and then they find some real hard to justify 'markings' down a secret passage.

Doesnt mean the pyramids arent what they claim them to be but this is stretching it until they get back high quality well lite full images of these (along with proof of which hieroglyphs they are supposed to be)..

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigfootNZ
So those red splooges (that to my eye appear raised) are supposed to be hieroglyphs? Come on really...

I was trying to view the pictures upside-down as it seems the red areas are more noticeable as being raised viewed that way, and now I see your post? I have been thinking that they were brush marks, (not as in paint brush) but as in something, perhaps heavyish and itself painted red or self coloured, brushing, or scraping past the more elevated parts of stone. There is so little info on the pictures. A while ago, there was also some controversy over the 2002/2003 live docu, as to whether NG was depicting the actual blocking stone of that south passageway when it was compared to the original finder, Rudolf Gantenbrink's picture in 1993,

www.cheops.org...

and this one attributed to NG's live coverage nine or ten years later,

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Makes you think sometimes that someone is taking the pee, if all is as described, original controversy source,

www.theinsider.org...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Gumerk

Im seeing the sun with a huge solar flare

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join