It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigerian 'baby factory' raided, 32 teenage girls freed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Nigerian 'baby factory' raided, 32 teenage girls freed

news.yahoo.com

Nigerian police have raided a home allegedly being used to force teenage girls to have babies that were then offered for sale for trafficking or other purposes, authorities said on Wednesday.

"We stormed the premises of the Cross Foundation in Aba three days ago following a report that pregnant girls aged between 15 and 17 are being made to make babies for the proprietor," said Bala Hassan, police commissioner for Abia state in the country's southeast.

"We rescued 32 pregnant girls and arrested the proprietor who is undergoing interrogation over allegations that he normally sells the
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This is so disgusting. Some of these babies were used for 'rituals'. I'm assuming that meant they were sacrificed?
It also goes on to say the courts are full of these cases- I hope they do not get swept under the rug, or a lightened sentence for these crimes because there are so many of these types of cases.
I'm glad they have freed these young ladies, but they will be slaves to the emotional trauma for a long time.

Also- I didn't see this posted yet when I did a search.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

I'm glad they have freed these young ladies, but they will be slaves to the emotional trauma for a long time.

They are from Nigeria, somehow, they would've experienced emotional trauma in some way, whether or not they ended up in this particular situation.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Updated link that won't be killed by the censors.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Aged between 15 and 17 years, the girls were locked up and used to produce babies, said Abia state's police chief.

These were then allegedly sold for ritual witchcraft purposes or adoption.

But the hospital's owner denied running a "baby farm", saying it was a foundation to help teenagers with unwanted pregnancies.

The UN organisation for the welfare of children, Unicef, estimates that at least 10 children are sold daily across Nigeria, where human-trafficking is ranked the third most common crime after economic fraud and drug-trafficking.

Something seems fishy with the Unicef stats from the article.

Unicef, estimates that at least 10 children are sold daily across Nigeria, where human-trafficking is ranked the third most common crime after economic fraud and drug-trafficking.

I'm sure far more than 10 acts of drug trafficking and fraud happen in Nigeria per day, which makes me wonder how human-trafficking earned the number 3 spot.

edit on 1-6-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Updated link that won't be killed by the censors.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Unicef, estimates that at least 10 children are sold daily across Nigeria, where human-trafficking is ranked the third most common crime after economic fraud and drug-trafficking.

I'm sure far more than 10 acts of drug trafficking and fraud happen in Nigeria per day, which makes me wonder how human-trafficking earned the number 3 spot.

edit on 1-6-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

Nigeria's human trafficking does not involve only children and probably the bulk of it is adult/teenage women. That is probably what they were alluring and not just the children's numbers.

Nigeria is a source, transit, and destination country for women and children trafficked for the purposes of forced labor and commercial sexual exploitation. Within Nigeria, women and girls are trafficked primarily for domestic servitude and commercial sexual exploitation. Boys are trafficked for forced labor in street vending, agriculture, mining, stone quarries, and as domestic servants. Religious teachers also traffic boys, called almajiri, for forced begging. Women, girls, and boys are trafficked from Nigeria to other West and Central African countries, primarily Gabon, Cameroon, Ghana, Chad, Benin, Togo, Niger, Burkina Faso, and The Gambia, for the same purposes listed above. Benin is a primary source country for boys and girls trafficked for forced labor in Nigeria’s granite quarries. Nigerian women and girls are trafficked through Libya, Morocco, and Algeria to Europe, primarily for the purpose of commercial sexual exploitation, and to the Middle East, particularly Saudi Arabia, for forced prostitution and forced labor. While Italy is the primary European destination country for Nigerian victims, other common destinations are Spain, the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Switzerland, Ireland, France, and Greece. Children from Nigeria and other African countries are trafficked from Lagos to the UK’s urban centers for domestic servitude and forced labor in restaurants and shops.

Source

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

See these post excite the most aggressive vibes within me. So I will refrain and just SMH and hope they who made these ignorant mistakes get a taste of balance. EA is outta control

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

That was obtuse. What is SMH and EA?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Forget the raiding and reforming, just drop the bomb on the whole nation/land and get it over with. I am starting more and more to believe that the world would be better off if we solved such problems by blowing it all to kingdom come and let nature decide what lives and thrives there next. Like in the rainforest's were mass fires burn huge swats of land for the purpose of clearing the land for new life, maybe thats what the human race needs once in a while some fire to cleanse the earth of all the filth growing on it.

Though I heard of lots of silly stupid superstitions such as tiger blood makes you more stronger or a winner, or eating tiger balls makes you more manly and better in bed with ladies, and yes even the whole baby parts/baby sacrifices in the charms and rituals of witchcraft, or other blood ritual practices that people do, even supposedly some of the higher up's. It still pisses me off when I hear of it, so maybe fire is the solution to lots of problems out there after all.

But trafficking for sex, and cheap human labor is also a direct effect of other more prosperous nations involvements, needs, and investments, not only the place and nation were it happens. So if we start blowing things up to kingdom come for such reasons and all that are involved in one way or another, I am afraid that then there wont be any humans left on the planet.
But it was all an experiment anyways, so come hell or high water, but since high water has been done, I guess fire is next.
edit on 1-6-2011 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Africa is a country full of # and sick, very sick people. Starting with the Congo war, over to the mass rapings in South Africa, to all the crap that is going on in the eastern parts (where those people believe AIDS can be cured by having sex with a virgin) to those disgusting "baby factories" in nigeria.
It's unbelievable, how there can be a contintent full of demented, mentally deranged, idiotic, sick, disgusting, ugly "humans" who don't deserve their lifes.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
For us to be who we are now, we were once like them.

There is no expectation in human life that says we must all be a like, or we must all be at the same level of human understanding to exist on this world. Thats why we all don't live life in the same place.

As completely incredibly insane that this all sound and looks like there is still a need for human live to learn and evolve and prosper by there own doing. Any more or any less that our own people are treated by there own governments.

We don't live in a perfect world nor are we perfect human beings nor is the world a perfect place to live, but it is a place we live and learn and grow up in, one should not take such harsh approach to how others in this world evolve.

For at one time or another we all started out the same way, may be not now but way back then.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
mice nuts, compared to other things happening in that neck of the woods. That continent is most assuredly beyond repair.

could say more better to say less ; )

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Unfortunately this happens and probably in other parts of the World too!!

On another sick note.... possibly sicker than your report i read yesterday of some sickos in parts of Turkey having sex with dogs then killing them.... apparently this is normal behaviour among some over there.....

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I don't know what is more disturbing to me, the fact that what was reported in Nigeria happens (I have never even imagined such a thing!?!) or the reaction of some of the posters claiming that the people of an entire continent be judged because of this specific case.

I mean:

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
Forget the raiding and reforming, just drop the bomb on the whole nation/land and get it over with. I am starting more and more to believe that the world would be better off if we solved such problems by blowing it all to kingdom come and let nature decide what lives and thrives there next.

and

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
Africa is a country full of # and sick, very sick people. Starting with the Congo war, over to the mass rapings in South Africa, to all the crap that is going on in the eastern parts (where those people believe AIDS can be cured by having sex with a virgin) to those disgusting "baby factories" in nigeria.
It's unbelievable, how there can be a contintent full of demented, mentally deranged, idiotic, sick, disgusting, ugly "humans" who don't deserve their lifes.

this last one makes the ignorance of the poster quite clear when referring to Africa as a country, but the ugliness of the message is not less disturbing for it!

the Billmeister

top topics

join