It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas up 41 cents in ONE DAY.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Right. As you said in your OP.

However, how does this account for it going up in Michigan by 41 cents yet down in Georgia by 41 cents?

Just as in 2009, we had faux "shortages" and long lines down here when almost no one else did. Funny business going on. Always with these people.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Strange because I am in LA and noticed gas under $4 for the first time in months earlier this week.
On a side note I just read a letter that was given to me that my great grandfather wrote back in the 30's saying how gas was 7 gallons for $1! He also mentioned that machanics were making 20cents an hour and glad for it so it kind of puts it in prespective.

Interceptor

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

Originally posted by redrose123
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

That is fine if you live somewhere you can walk

Is it illegal to walk where you live?

No here, but some days my drive is the equivalent of 4 marathons

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

However, how does this account for it going up in Michigan by 41 cents yet down in Georgia by 41 cents?

Honestly I am not sure. My father lives in Florida and his is usually a bit slower to go up than mine here....but eventually catches up. A few years ago my area was enjoying the lowest gas prices in the country...actually remember seeing it on the local news...yet now it looks to be amongst the highest.

Regardless, trips to the gas station have become a joy. Often I will be filling up next to someone who is incredibly PO'd about having to pay so much gasoline and they let let me know about it.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I have not even left my house today to see where gas is at. I laughed to myself as I watched Memorial Day weekend come closer and over night gas prices dropped by over 20 cents per gallon. The headline in my local paper the day the prices dropped read, "Vacation" followed by a story about how it is now vacation time and everyone should be taking one.

I told people to get gas now, cause once the holiday weekend was over... it was going to climb. I honestly do not even want to go see how much gas is today.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I waited in line with my wife and at the time nearly two year old for over two hours to buy gas at 4.80 a gallon. Fights were nearly breaking out and tempers flared. I just wished we could focus that energy on the "so rich they need no more income" SPECULATORS. These are people who BET and TAKE BETS on how much fuel is going to be worth. Talk about a racket. I remember one Obama pledge being they would "look into" all of this...there is no right/left paradigm only greed.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheInterceptor

Strange because I am in LA and noticed gas under $4 for the first time in months earlier this week. On a side note I just read a letter that was given to me that my great grandfather wrote back in the 30's saying how gas was 7 gallons for $1!

Actually a few weeks ago it was 4.29 here and it has slowly sank down to 3.78. All so called "gains" in lower prices are pretty much gone. It took one day to get nearly back to the price it took nearly 3 weeks to drop.

It's nice.
edit on 1-6-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This is actually great news because this means that the money will strart trickling down, leading to investment, spurring employment and saving the economy! What we need now is to eliminate all the taxation on billionaires, stop punishing people for being successfull, eliminate minimum wage and watch the freedoms create moneys!

Imagine the prosperity @ $7.00 a gallon, I am so fawking excited!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by TheInterceptor

Strange because I am in LA and noticed gas under $4 for the first time in months earlier this week. On a side note I just read a letter that was given to me that my great grandfather wrote back in the 30's saying how gas was 7 gallons for $1!

Actually a few weeks ago it was 4.29 here and it has slowly sank down to 3.78. All so called "gains" in lower prices are pretty much gone. It took one day to get nearly back to the price it took nearly 3 weeks to drop.

It's nice.
edit on 1-6-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

what a crook of bull this country has become...

We need these elites and their schemes like a hole in the gut, this place needs a real revolution, a revolution of ideas, this idea of gas is a joke. When they figure out how to distribute air, we will have to address this "freedom"

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

Originally posted by redrose123
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

That is fine if you live somewhere you can walk

Is it illegal to walk where you live?

No here, but some days my drive is the equivalent of 4 marathons

Um, how old are you?
If you don't mind me asking.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Really people need to look in the mirror and see what part of the problem is. While there are many factors affecting gas prices, demand is one of those. If everyone has to drive everywhere, the cost goes up. Laziness is not free.

I ride a bicycle all year round in central Texas. Which sadly is extremely rare now days here except among recent immigrants. For the rest of the healthy adults it's always too hot, too cold, to far, too slow etc etc no matter how far the distance. Instead they whine about the cost of gas, car payments and car repairs. Pitiful.
edit on 1-6-2011 by Kaploink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
Really people need to look in the mirror and see what part of the problem is. While there are many factors affecting gas prices, demand is one of those. If everyone has to drive everywhere, the cost goes up. Laziness is not free.

I ride a bicycle all year round in central Texas. Which sadly is extremely rare now days here except among recent immigrants. For the rest of the healthy adults it's always too hot, too cold, to far, too slow etc etc no matter how far the distance. Instead they whine about the cost of gas, car payments and car repairs. Pitiful.
edit on 1-6-2011 by Kaploink because: (no reason given)

There is a layer on top of your argument that makes sense, but wade beneth the surface just enough, and it sounds like you oppose the vast majority of humanity by pinning this fake market and pricing structure on the majority of humanity. The current price of gas has fawk all to do with laziness, car payments, car repairs or bicycles, it has to do with global elites manipulating gas and fungibles to create more profit and control over the majority of humanity.

Sounds just like the people who claim to believe that sick people should just except their ills or death because the insurance industry has out priced people.
edit on 1-6-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-6-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The important thing here is to focus on how we can blame Obama for this. Oh, wait, they actually went down? Well, in that case, we need to thank the Republicans for that.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

It's down where I live, too. Two weeks ago it was $3.75, before Memorial day it was $3.59 and today it's $3.55. Strange it would go up that much in some and down that much in others.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
i say find the names of those who control oil prices

protest in front of their homes and offices with millions

only then will prices go to what they should be

especially if those protesters pull those jerks out of their homes and tar and feather them

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Here in Illinois, paid $4.18 but I'm outside Chicago area where it 's running around $4.69.Kinda weird pricing where I live.....20 minutes away towards Chicago.....price jumps up 20 cents......then as you get to Chicago , it shoots up another 25-35 cents.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join