It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cell phones and radiation: The 10 highest- and lowest-emitting models

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Cell phones and radiation: The 10 highest- and lowest-emitting models

www.cnn.com

Cell phone users -- a group that, these days, means practically everybody -- are no doubt concerned about Tuesday's news that the World Health Organization (WHO) classifies cell phones as "possibly carcinogenic to humans."
The phones themselves aren't necessarily harmful. It's the radiation emitted by the phones -- and absorbed by the human body -- that troubles some doctors.
But when it comes to radiation levels, all phones aren't equal. Below are lists of the models available from major carriers that emit the highest and lowest levels of radiofrequency energy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
WHO: Cell phone use can increase possible cancer risk

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
My Moto Quantico shows up in a tie for 10th place for the highest rad levels, which isn't good news for me, however I use my phone rarely. The article also explains what conditions could increase your exposure, such as a low tower signal equals a higher phone signal to maintain the connection..

For a much more comprehensive list of phones and their results, head on over to this page

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Wow I'm kind of surprised my iPhone isn't in the top ten. I thought for sure that thing was melting my brain.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Just use speaker phone, and don't put the thing in your pocket.

I keep it in my hand when walking, or out on the counter in a store.

This is good info, so S+F.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
My model is not covered in the articles posted. I have a Blackberry Style (the flip phone). I generally use my headset except for text messages. It is a week old and I love it as to usage. I also know I couldn't use it if I were to develop a brain tumor.

I have 3 weeks to change my mind and get a different phone. I am under contract with my carrier.

I worked selling mobile phones as my high school job. That was over 10 years ago. I am likely somewhat EMF/radiation sensitive, so I need to reconsider this model. S&F for the info.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gildedlily

I found another site that has some radiation levels on phones and the Blackberry Style is included on their site..

cellphones-radiation-ratings.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I wonder if this is a cover for the radiation from Fukushima. Cell phones are known for causing cancer. The govt has tried to keep it under raps. I wonder why this is being reported now.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

Interesting, yet how would this cover for Fukushima

Most seem to have forgotten about it.

Using the word "radiation" in MSM would likely make some people think of the nuclear disaster.

It doesn't seem to cover, rather, point back towards.

Fuku wouldn't cause just brain cancer....

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
So is 1.36 a good thing? That's where my phone winded up the Tundra.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This is just preparation. When Obamacare kicks in in 2014, they will say people using cell phones are particiating in high risk behavior. They will solve this by selling cell time credits which (supposedly) will be used to offset the extra burden you will be putting on the health care system. Minorities and the poor will be exempt, of course.
Chat and tax!

Did you really think they wouldn't figure out a way to tax your cell usage?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
About 10 years ago my brother was head reasercher on a BBC TV program called Tomorows World here in the uk and he said that back then the radiation was very high from mobile phones and one experement that was conducted in the lab was getting 2 phones then phone the other and then you put a egg in between the 2 phones, after seven hours the egg was cooked. lets just say that he wasnt alowed to put the experement or use it as part of the show, wonder why.....Hmmmmm.
edit on 2-6-2011 by LV426 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Speak phone is better, some people are becoming sensitve to electromagnetic energy..

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by LV426
About 10 years ago my brother was head reasercher on a BBC TV program called Tomorows World here in the uk and he said that back then the radiation was very high from mobile phones and one experement that was conducted in the lab was getting 2 phones then phone the other and then you put a egg in between the 2 phones, after seven hours the egg was cooked. lets just say that he wasnt alowed to put the experement or use it as part of the show, wonder why.....Hmmmmm.

There was a video kicking around utube where peeps got several phones together and put popcorn between them and then rung the phones... The popcorn popped. Idk if the video was fake or not...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I've been with the Droid X since it came out, but I almost always use the "Speaker" function and in my car the "Cradle" on my windshield and hands free ...

This is troubling as tech increases, it seems also does risk..

Semper

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Using the Nokia N8 now, except for a few bugs here and there it's a pretty decent phone. 1.090 SAR, Ranked 905th.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
If I talk for more then 2 minutes, I use my wired headset to talk, which is a great thing considering the intense radiation

new topics

top topics

join