It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof: planetary alignments do cause solar storms!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This informative paper is by; Ching-Cheh Hung, National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Glenn Research Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44135.

Extract from Summary; A solar storm is a storm of ions and electrons from the Sun. Large solar storms are usually preceded by solar flares, phenomena that can be characterized quantitatively from Earth. Twenty-five of the thirtyeight largest known solar flares were observed to start when one or more tide-producing planets
(Mercury, Venus, Earth, and Jupiter) were either nearly above the event positions (

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I believe the controversy surrounds whether any of that affects Earth. Solar storms can be defined as several flares, all of which are C class, and not directed at Earth at all. What does that mean....absolutely nothing.

The only flares that *may* pose a threat are X flares, and they are not that common. Further, it would have to be directed towards Earth, which most are not.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
You stated in your response:

Originally posted by lpowell0627
I believe the controversy surrounds whether any of that affects Earth.

However, that is not what the article is addressing. Stay on the topic of the OP!

The article that was provided in the OP examines the relationship of Solar Activity and the position of celestial bodies such as the various planets. It is a historical study with pretty convincing conclusions for the hypothesis that the sun's activity is indeed affected by the forces of the planets.

The conclusion of the article states:

Twenty-five of the thirty-eight largest known solar flares were observed to start when one or more of the tide-producing planets (Mercury, Venus, Earth, and Jupiter) were either nearly above the event positions (

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
OP- I agree. As we all know, the moon and the sun affect our planet everyday. Astrology is the most ancient of studies and was used by man before he could write. To think that what happens in our solar system doesn't affect Earth, almost seems silly to me.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
So, now we just need an astrologist to tell us when those alignments are taking place

That's beyond me, but I'd love to see. The data

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

First of all I'm the one who found this article and posted it on glp, which ended up being a mistake, I've been banned to many times on that site for no reason and im done. Furthermore there is a TON evidence showing that solar storms can effect the earth. Here is another paper I found in which the research was funded by NASA
LINK:www.giss.nasa.gov...

But if this is only a small part of the evidence here are a few more link, this next one is a nasa article too.
link:trs-new.jpl.nasa.gov...

link:myweb.wwu.edu...&climate-change.pdf

I got more but i will wait till i can post my own topic, in conclusion their is plenty of evidence suggesting that External influences play a big role in climate and weather phenomenon, and further more earthquakes and volcano's.
link:www.google.com... nd%20weather%20same%20family&ei=cC_xTdWHDYmmsQPitP28Dg&usg=AFQjCNGhG5CyORM0ssdbVs4Z9X3vzX8dgg&cad=rja

new topics

top topics

join