It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which interest you more about ELEnin-If its a supercomet/brown dwarf ect. or a Space Craft? And why?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I ask to see what do people FEEL. Are you more concerned of a supercomet/brown dwarf comming this direction with potential forces that may or may not interact with EA or a space craft with inhabitants on a controlled drift lol and Why?

Feel free to keep it simple.

edit on 6/1/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
or just a comet that will pass us by? Where's that option?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I am not concerned, whatever it is I'll deal with it if it ever actually happens.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

Fixed it for you sorry.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pyrodude

Thanks

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I don't mind it being a supercomet or spacecraft. I do mind though if it is a brown dwarf.

How the hell could we escape an encounter with a brown dwarf without noticing massive earth changes.

Comets and spaceships can be shot down. But brown dwarfs? Oh no! You can't shoot that down!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic

Comets and spaceships can be shot down. But brown dwarfs? Oh no! You can't shoot that down!

I see and thanks for your input. So as long as the object is able to be pushed off course or destroyed you feel ok with that.. Makes sense
but a brown dwarf kinda gives you the feeling of it may be unstoppable.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I would say both are going to bring bad things but I "feel" that what's coming is of inteligent design and not a random ice rock based on what I've read and seen on astronomers findings that this "comet" is being driven so to speak and not acting like a normal comet would. I "feel" not good about it but "hope" good things will come for humanity from it.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
[
It is a comet, that might hit the space station, unless hits earth, I can't wait untill Haleys comet comes around again.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Personally I am concerned with it being a rouge star with magnetic/chemical properties which could effect EA. If its a star class then its ment to be here so thats nature to me.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by warren3720
[
It is a comet, that might hit the space station, unless hits earth, I can't wait untill Haleys comet comes around again.

Why, did you miss the kool aid party the first time around?
jk but no really why?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

I see so from data you seen you feel its more artificial in its design maybe built to say the least but even if natural you think itmay be bad for ALL mankind hmmm interesting. Keep your faith my friend
Whatever happens most if not all will go thru together.
Thanks

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'm excited to see this comet in our skies. Although you will need binoculars. I found this today, enjoy!

P.s. It would be awesome if it was a spacecraft.

I have been receiving many questions about Comet Elenin. Many of them refer to the outrageous lies on some conspiracy theory websites, which are amplified by people who seem to think this comet is highly unusual. It is not unusual, and it is not a threat to Earth. See the Wikipedia article on this comet [en.wikipedia.org...] for more information. C2010 X1 Elenin (to give its full name) is a long-period comet, which takes about 10,000 years to complete one orbit around the Sun. It was discovered with a robotic telescope in New Mexico on 10 December 2010 by Russian amateur astronomer Leonid Elenin. When comets or asteroids are first discovered, their orbits are quite uncertain; usually it takes several months of observations to firmly establish the orbit. Elenin's perihelion (closest to the Sun) is in early September 2011 at a distance from the Sun of 40-45 million miles. It will be closest to Earth on about 16 October, at a distance of about 21 million miles, which is nearly a hundred times farther than the Moon. The comet never comes close to the Earth, but it is expected to be visible in binoculars during August and October. Part of the Internet chatter concerns its size. Comets are exceedingly small and enveloped in a tenuous cloud of gas and dust, so the only way to be sure of their actual dimensions is to visit with a spacecraft. Half a dozen comets have been the target of spacecraft missions, and all of them (even Comet Halley) are less than 10 km in diameter. There is no reason to think Elenin is any different. This means its mass is less than one billionth the mass of the Earth.

Needless to say, we will not be aware of the tiny gravitational pull from Elenin. In spite of these simple facts, some websites (such as godlikeproductions) are making wild claims that Elenin will hit the Earth, or disturb our orbit, or cause tides, or interact with our magnetic field. Such claims are pure fiction. One of the worst examples is a video that someone posted on the NASAbuzzroom website that claims that the magnetic field of the comet will cause a large shift in the rotation axis of the Earth and produce mega-earthquakes on March 15, 2011. It is hard to imagine anyone would take this seriously. Comets don't have magnetic fields, and magnetic fields can't change the rotation axis or cause earthquakes no matter how large they are. Adding to the craziness is a claim that this same comet caused the Earth's axis to shift by 3 degrees in February 2010 and caused the Chile Earthquake. These are simply lies; the comet was far away a year ago, and there was no change whatever in Earth's rotation axis. The Chile earthquake was a normal slippage in an active fault that has produced many previous earthquakes, including the one witnessed by Charles Darwin in 1835. Please remember that just because someone says he or she is from NASA doesn't make it true. Many people who post YouTube videos lie about their affiliation. Incidentally, only NASA is allowed to use the NASA logo, the blue circle with the word NASA and a satellite orbiting around it.

David Morrison
Astrobiology Senior Scientist
March 1, 2011

Source
edit on 1-6-2011 by inthemass because: o

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by warren3720
[

That would seem like a simple move of thrust for the space station or an evacuation of the space station. That seems like a resolvable issue, somewhat. Are you sure its a comet?
And thnaks

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I can't see how it could be a brown dwarf in that a brown dwarf is nothing more than a failed star due to it's size and it's lack of hydrogen fusion. Brown dwarfs would have a minimum mass of a Jupiter size planet. Even the most novice of sky watchers could see such a large mass creeping through our solar system.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
From the post about the swedish and iraq currany notes having an extra planatary object in our solar system to the trajectory and alignment video of Elenin that I believe most have seen on here, I truly believe the powers that be know about this and from the reports of bunker building to seed vaults it just seem to me there is something being hidden from the mass population and probably for good reason. Millions of people going crazy isn't a pretty senario.

What gets me wondering is, eventually this object will be seen and then what?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by inthemass

I see but it wouldnt be fair for me not to add that there was mentioning that a debris cloud would be near Earth and create a light show potentially approx. 4 days after the Fukashima incident so I dont know. But it will be nice to see!!!

Thanks

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

So do you feel its something more then just a Brown dwarf. Say like a celestial object made of materials unknown to EA??? So EA cannot build techs. to see it. Or that its just nothing comming this way at all?
Thanks

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54
From the post about the swedish and iraq currany notes having an extra planatary object in our solar system to the trajectory and alignment video of Elenin that I believe most have seen on here, I truly believe the powers that be know about this and from the reports of bunker building to seed vaults it just seem to me there is something being hidden from the mass population and probably for good reason. Millions of people going crazy isn't a pretty senario.

What gets me wondering is, eventually this object will be seen and then what?

it does seem to have a conspiracy tail associated with it. and TPTB may have some data on it depending on how much is shared with them as fact
. So they may have these seed and bunkers built for it. And when people can see if it can be seen w/o 3rd eye activation maybe by then it will be to close to do anything but pray.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'm gonna laugh my A$$ off if this thing comes and destroys about 80% of human beings and this post is still sitting in "Skunk Works"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join