It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need an opinion on page design - thanks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
If you could please give me your honest feedback on the designs ONLY I would appreciate. I am in the process of launching a survival/awareness site (will include other things on the site - please don't knock me) and have the following images where image 1 will fade into image 2.

Here are the images on the left side that fade 1 fades into image 2 (with the quote "Is this the end of an era...":

image 1

Image 2

I pretty much am satisfied with the above (left column) however I'm not sure of which SECOND image I should fade to below for the right hand column - your feedback and why would be appreciated. Thanks again! The second column (below) will have the quote: "or dawn of a new day?"

Image 1

Which second image would fit best or looks best, flows, etc.?

Second image options:

Or

OR

OR

Or something completely different, a different second image - if so thoughts? Thanks!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

The first column looks great.
The second column should use the last image/link you provided for the fade.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TETRA.X

The first column looks great.
The second column should use the last image/link you provided for the fade.

Thanks! I appreciate it. Anyone else have any thoughts? Trying to get an overall feel...

May i ask why you prefer the last image and not the one previous or the other images for the fade? Trying to get a sense as to why you picked that one.
edit on 1-6-2011 by pityocamptes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I don't like the "Paradise" image because to be quite honest I think it's corny. The first three images are great, and I like the last image. I wouldn't fade from one extreme to the other, in other words, you have a few "scary" pics, and then a few that are not, so keep them all together as far as fading them is concerned.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
My buddy suggested this: First image in second column (instead of family) show a tunnel with a light at the end. For the second picture (fade into) use this - however I think that this pic is copyrighted. Searching for something similar on Bigstock...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
How about the family thing and then this (indicating an unknown future or is that no conducive)?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I don't like the others because they show "strange" looking clouds...the clouds remind me of "cloud seeding."
If you're trying to depict freedom, the image doesn't quite reflect that to me...more like poison.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Thanks! Ok how about this. The first column stays the same, but the second column shows this as image one:

Fading into this image:

Fading into this (I did find a sign that is the same but says "The end is near" - which one would be better, that one or the one below?):

Fading into this final image:

Does this look ok, and should I go with the way I have the order or should one pic come before another? Thanks!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I like the road sign images a lot! Either combination you use should look great..they are all good images!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I like the first two from your op posting and these, as opposed to the clouds, beach and freedom ones.

Good choices

top topics

join