It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massachusetts reactivates states militia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The state’s militia was reactivated yesterday to provide emergency support in the event of natural and other disasters and to augment the work of the Massachusetts National Guard, which has been spread thin over the past few years because of deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan.

www.telegram.com...

Im thinking its all coming to a head with the markets and whats going on with the Euro. I fear a colapse in near and the states are gearing up for it. Mass must know something

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Probably activated them in anticipation of riots over the horrible Mass. health care situation.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Definitely disturbing as I have a lot of family in the area. Might be a good time to prepare them for relocation as just about everything but the military and banks have fallen apart.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Aren't Militias a bad idea in terms of controlling the general populace?

Unlike National Guards, aren't they mainly just civilians that either volunteered or are conscripted into the units? Which would mean that they aren't bound by the same sense of duty and honor, not to mention chain of command that their US Army compatriots would feel?

I know little about the militia system, but I thought that's how it was set up.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
They sure are coming out in force; how many L.E.O's have you seen lately?

I've counted high numbers within the past 48 hours in W.W.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by isthisreallife

Unlike National Guards, aren't they mainly just civilians that either volunteered or are conscripted into the units? Which would mean that they aren't bound by the same sense of duty and honor, not to mention chain of command that their US Army compatriots would feel?

I know little about the militia system, but I thought that's how it was set up.

I think the original intention of the colonies and the United States was to have everyone in the people's militia. Kinda glad that didn't happen since it would be a forced draft, but if you have the 2nd amendment, you really don't need a military. Provided you really have the second amendment (i.e. no ban on rockets).

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

The America of the past didn't need a draft because they unified willingly to fight for what they believe in. This is more like a private military force of citizens before they see the corruption of their handlers. To be honest, if the 2nd amendment hadn't been trampled on and restricted as much as it has, we probably wouldn't be in this mess. Similar fear tactics went into the first regulations claiming the same gangsters working with officials would not be able to obtain automatic weapons anymore (guess what, didn't work and just made it so law abiding citizens couldn't).
www.atf.gov...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by isthisreallife

I respect all veterans and all who serve now. I love this country and openly die in its defense. How is my sense of duty or honor any less than yours? I don't wear the uniform, consider it daily, but would still jump in front of a bullet for my future kids or yours if it meant saving their life. I really think you think you maybe misinformed at the content of some our moral characters. I am no militia, but studying American History for more than half my life I do see the need for a civilian checks and balance to equal to the federal power.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Interesting then a tornado hits
link

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Im thinking its all coming to a head with the markets and whats going on with the Euro. I fear a colapse in near and the states are gearing up for it. Mass must know something

I think this is the wave of the future, volunteerism and swapping labor in various ways when currency dries up. I guess its not necessarily the end of the world but it has its drawbacks.

You know what just hit me? Massachusetts and new England would probably be some of the better places to be when the market meltdown really kicks in. Ever been to that part of the country? I'm from Utah, not New England, but I've been through parts of rural New England. Think about it: all those houses and tiny little towns were built like 200 to 300 years ago. Those old houses can be wood-heated, the basic town and even city infrastructure is geared for low-energy society: town commons, ring-farming villages, etc. Heck, half those towns still have trolly tracks running down the mainstreet.

It will be much easier for communities like that to survive in a low-energy, low-liquidity world.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Was just looking on Fox news web site and appears a couple of big tornadoes have hit the area with extensive damage and four deaths reported?

Man America is getting hit hard from a lot of angles lately!

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I served nearly a decade in what is now known as the MSDF, following my Army National Guard service.

The organization was placed on suspended status after the last Director retired in early 2008. I had heard that another gentleman who wore the rank of full bird Colonel was going to be appointed the new Director, however for some reason TAG put a stop to that.

This latest press release means nothing more than the fact that the MSDF is once again accepting applicants and has a TO&E. The unit has no full command structure yet and is not ready to be operational. The timing of the tornado is just coincidental.

I wrote more about the SDF/SG issue in a thread some time ago, which can be viewed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

They're preparing to fight with the citizens, not against them.

Of course, that would be another type of conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with the Universal Health Care that is currently being offered there.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I saw one of these devil worhsipping reptilian agents of the coming NWO genocide helping people out with their losses

weird

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42

They're preparing to fight with the citizens, not against them.

Of course, that would be another type of conspiracy.

No i would think when it came down to it the state milita would not fight the citizens but with them. your right. I just see it as a red flag of things to come

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

No i would think when it came down to it the state milita would not fight the citizens but with them. your right. I just see it as a red flag of things to come

True, when I was in the organization (it was called the MA State Guard, MA Military Reserve, then reverted to the original MA Volunteer Militia) we did indeed discuss what we would do if we were ordered to act against citizens. The unanimous viewpoint was that we would not carry out those orders and would desert the force if it ever came down to that. Frankly, most people in the organization were survival-oriented folks who were also very politically aware. The kind of people I like to rub elbows with, personally.

I do not think this particular instance was a red flag or omen. Looking back at my old post that I linked to above, at one point (late 90s-early 2000s), the organization was extremely active on a frequent basis...we just did not receive any press about it. For example, when on base for training, people did double-takes when they realized our uniforms were not the same as theirs. Nobody seemed to know who we were wherever we went! Yet we (as I mentioned in past threads) were essentially the same as the Army National Guard, except we were not paid and the Governor of the Commonwealth was our CinC. Compared to the ARNG, we had nearly identical uniforms, the same height/weight/grooming/PT standards, same promotion and training standards, we shared the same weapons/vehicles/buildings/etc. It was certainly the most ready and prepared condition I have ever seen the MSDF in, yet nobody took notice. The only reason you are hearing about it now is because of a couple vocal people involved with the MSDF who badgered the NG PAO to make a press release to help with recruiting.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I wonder if other states will follow suit

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
I wonder if other states will follow suit

Most states do have SG/SDF organizations, in some cases predating any other forces in those areas. Many, but not all, of them belong to the SGAUS.

I believe that Texas and New York have the most active state units, and Virginia and North Carolina come to mind as well.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the riots on Memorial Day there and then the tornado on Wednesday?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join