It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amaziing footage from the Grímsvötnum volcano on Island

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I do not know if this has been posted before, just wanted to share this great footage from the volcano Grímsvötnum on island.

Grímsvötnum Volcano

Photos
edit on 1/6/11 by Squiip because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Squiip

I commend you for making an attempt at a first thread, but my fellow ATSer newbie on here we try to post your information you found along with a thought process of yours on the topic, a brief explanation of the information you are posting, and something to discuss. Welcome to ATS and try to be a little more detailed on the next one...Good find nonetheless.

edit on 6/1/2011 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
That look like a different planet, very cool pics! Thanks for sharing!
edit on 1-6-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by Squiip

I commend you for making an attempt at a first thread, but my fellow ATSer newbie on here we try to post your information you found along with a thought process of yours on the topic, a brief explanation of the information you are posting, and something to discuss. Welcome to ATS and try to be a little more detailed on the next one...Good find nonetheless.

edit on 6/1/2011 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

All he's trying to do is share some cool pics and video, what else is there to say? He explained what volcano it was.
edit on 1-6-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

I did have a thought process, I was just speechless.
And i think the footage speak for themselves.

But thanks for your constructive comment.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Thank you mileslong54

I think he missed the point, maybe he wants to be an admin ?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

You probably didn't note the OP's location, I doubt Anglo is their native tongue as such tolerance is required

OP cool find and as others have said stunning pics and vid.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Incedible footage, and to know that volcanism is a bedrock for life. Awesome post
stunning visuals thanks.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Amazing video and pictures. I just look at all of the lightening and smoke billows. Completly awe inspiring. I also couldn't stop looking at that van.. Man they have some built vehicles there. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

Guys stop bashing me for what I said. I said nothing mean to our new member of ATS...I was just trying to give him a little lesson on making a more interesting thread....No offense to the OP at all and I commended him/her for a great find....Sorry to everyone for trying to help a new member out a little....GEESH

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Squiip
Thank you mileslong54

I think he missed the point, maybe he wants to be an admin ?

No, but he did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Actually he responded to you a lot more respectfully than a lot of other members would. If a mod had addressed this they might have deducted some points. So I think he was doing you a favor.

The video was very good, I would love to get a close up look. I passed up a chance to go to Iceland last year. Now I kick myself every time I think about it.
edit on 6/1/2011 by Sparky63 because: added comment

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Great video and photos. Volcanoes are the thing in the natural world that give me goose bumps, so scared of them yet so in awe of them.

And good music too on the video ... Sigur Ros "Sæglópur".

There was another video made last year of the other volcano that erupted on Iceland (Im not going to attempt to spell its name) and some guy made a photo time-lapse video which was amazing, more so because it was amazing photography so it looks even better. So incase you missed it first time around ....

Iceland Volcano 2010

new topics

top topics

join