It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fact Check: DNC Head Wasserman Schultz 'Scaremongering' on Ryan Plan: (I smell Fear)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

U.S. Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s claims that the GOP plan to remake Medicare would throw seniors “to the wolves and allow insurance companies to deny you coverage” are bogus, The Washington Post concluded in a fact check of the assertion.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d6084776c5e.jpg[/atsimg]

In reviewing the Democratic National Committee chairwoman’s claims, the Post noted that “something about the debate over Medicare prompts eye-popping rhetoric.” In recent weeks, the Post fact checker has called into question claims from both sides of the aisle for exaggerations and falsehoods.

The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office examined the Republican plan and found that the rules that would govern the Medicare exchange include those “requiring insurers to issue insurance to all people eligible for Medicare who apply, requiring that each insurer charges the same premium for all enrollees of the same age, and using a risk-adjustment mechanism.”

Wasserman Schultz is jumping to conclusions — not to mention scaremongering metaphors — to describe provisions in the GOP Medicare plan that just do not exist,” the Post concluded.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ce19b81e9da1.jpg[/atsimg]
Source: www.newsmax.com...

Well now. Being called out by the Press.. a.k.a. FAIL in the public eye even. Hmmm funny you don't see thie story on the MSM so much. I'll check again after I post just to make sure.

So, resorting to Scare Tactics-again. Why? Because they can't use anything they have done as a fine example so they resort to tricking the elderly into thinking that something that is actually good for them is bad for them-because the Dems didn't give it to them. I am beginning to think that borders on some level of criminality.

Seriously. Didn't she take an oath of office to abide by and defend the US Const.? Not manipulate it and laws to fit your political agenda-no matter what the cost. YOU are a DISGRACE to the office you were given the honor to hold. YOU have shown yourself to be no better than the others before you. YOU deserve everything you get (politically) as I am sure with you at the Helm of the DNC--- a bigger FAIL awaits you and the Dem Party.

I can only conclude that since YOU have resorted to this means that you can not honestly and openly take on the RYAN Plan. A.K.A. you are in Fear.... So, let's see how that route goes for you and and the Dems.....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2414282989ea.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 6/1/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
all of this is not going to matter once the economy crashes and TSHTF. Everyone is going to be roming the street dazed and confused telling each other "we never seen this coming" " it came from no where"

entitalments most stop! but i fear its to late
edit on 1-6-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Sounds like the Republicans when they were saying: "Obamacare requires DEATHPANELS!" AHHHHH.......

Same game different people, thats all! The Ryan plan is complete garbage, as was Obamacare, and this is just more can-kicking to give the appearance that they are actually working.

I'm not buying it!

Buy the way, Newsmax is not a credible source. They are notorious political hacks and partisans!
edit on 1-6-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: add comment

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Buy the way, Newsmax is not a credible source. They are notorious political hacks and partisans!

Hmmm, really? So say you. How about the original story link from the Washington Post-which is longer and even better.

Wasserman Schultz’s bogus claim that the GOP Medicare plan will ‘throw you to the wolves’
www.washingtonpost.com... 1/AG8y9lFH_blog.html?hpid=z1#pagebreak

Just because I am curious... which media do you consider creditable?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Sounds like the Republicans when they were saying: "Obamacare requires DEATHPANELS!" AHHHHH.......

Same game different people, thats all! The Ryan plan is complete garbage, as was Obamacare, and this is just more can-kicking to give the appearance that they are actually working.

I'm not buying it!

edit on 1-6-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: add comment

well what do you propose? its going bankrupt so full steam ahead???? O i know i know, tax the rich.

did you know if you take 100% of everyones money this year in taxes you would not have enough to pay down the defect.

your move
edit on 1-6-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

From wikipedia regarding the Post:

The Post's editorial positions on foreign policy and economic issues have seen a definitively conservative bent: it has steadfastly supported the 2003 invasion of Iraq, warmed to President George W. Bush's proposal to partially privatize Social Security, opposed a deadline for U.S. withdrawal from the Iraq War, and advocated free trade agreements, including CAFTA.[citation needed]

It started as a "communist" outlet, and is becoming a neo-con outlet. I don't trust their opinion or "facts".

There is not much media I do trust. Foreign media is much better at reporting American news. Japanese Times, UKDaily (sometimes), Al Jazeera, etc. It all has to be taken at face value. Sadly, the WP and Newsmax are clearly biased.

By the way, your source is a blog entry and the link is not found on the site.

ETA: You didn;t comment on the issue of how the Rep's said the same thing about Obamacare. Isn't this hypocrisy?
edit on 1-6-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-6-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: spellin's

edit on 1-6-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: link broken

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Your right Camaro! It's circling the drain pretty fast!

The solution will only come from a restructuring of society as a whole. We are not able to comprehend the steps needed to be taken towards better health care until we shake our preconceived notions of what government is, and what it should do.

But that is for another thread. I don't want to be too off topic.

Like I said, these proposals by the Dems and Reps is just kicking the can down the road.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Debbie Wasserman Schultz? She is the female version of Alan Grayson. What a joke. She recently said the Republicans plans will kill all the young people too. How these twits keep getting elected is beyond me.

Well, at least its equal opportunity genocide, I’m sure she can get behind that, can’t she?

edit on 1-6-2011 by TDawgRex because: all thumbs

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

The REPUBLICAN CARE plan is pathetic,,, The private market premium costs at 150% in the last decade alone.
Meanwhile the vochures will stay stagnent, soon enough the same vouchers will not purchase crap all in coverage
and or the dedctibles will be virtually unaffordable. Most of the Old folks I know are on a fixed income and cannot afford to top off premiums each year, or afford the massive deductables that are associated with the coverage that can be bought on the cheap. All the elites in these metta markets need are more tax payer funds to gamble and squander! Way to go Paul Lyan! This REPUBLICAN CARE plan is a joke

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1388b76438df.jpeg[/atsimg]

edit on 1-6-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

This is just polotics both sides do this, its awlays been this way, and always will be. What suprises me is that there are still partisans like yourself out there to help keep the cycle going.

new topics

top topics

join