Its recovering.

I don't have the energy....

Enjoy that bubble you live in.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

What?
What have you been watching?
Listen, the economy is NOT recovering. You are going to be blindsided if you actually believe that. Those telling you that crap will tell you that you aren't starving when you haven't eaten in a week.
They will call it "austerity"...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

And, to think that you were JUST talking about ignorance.
Or is it indoctrination?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
To quote Gary Farmer, the Native American actor who played "Nobody" in the Johnny Depp movie "Deadman", "Stupid F'n Whiteman". The boom and bust mentality has been going on in America since the first white people stepped on its shores. Use up the abundant resources, then use up the scare resources, then use up what ever is left. "In a world that's running down, we take the best of what's still around", Lyrics by Sting. It is all about greed.
edit on 1-6-2011 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie
reply to post by gorgi

What?
What have you been watching?
Listen, the economy is NOT recovering. You are going to be blindsided if you actually believe that. Those telling you that crap will tell you that you aren't starving when you haven't eaten in a week.
They will call it "austerity"...

You asked the wrong question. Its what have you been watching?

What I see is not the doom and gloom situation where the USA fall into a depression, we got out of the recession two years ago and we are still on the road to recovery.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

Just ONE link may be all you need.
Zerohedge.com
It may be a bit techie, but if you really want to get some real analysis, check it out.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

You're looking at it 80 years later. There were people starving, men standing in bread lines to get the 1 meal a day that they were lucky to get. Almost no jobs and if you were lucky enough to get one, it paid maybe pennies a day. Families lost EVERYTHING they had. Read up on it and try to imagine the ipod PSP xbox 360 generation trying to make it through the same conditions.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Everyone on here having been speaking the last 6months of the fall of the US economy.
I hope your all prepared.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

You probally wont and a whole others probally wont, but my dad used to be a farmer in his younger days, i think i could manage
but on a serious note, most other people would panic and would do anything for the foods they once ate

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The economy is recovering..........

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

Gorgi you can't be serious. I was about to star a few of your posts because I thought it was some good sarcastic humor, but then I realized you actually seem to believe that a "Recovery" is taking place.

That't the beauty of this country, were all allowed to form an opinion, even if it lacks facts, evidence, logic, and understanding. I see you're new to ATS, Welcome! Now go do some homework bro...
edit on 6/1/2011 by raiders247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie
reply to post by gorgi

Just ONE link may be all you need.
Zerohedge.com
It may be a bit techie, but if you really want to get some real analysis, check it out.

Many people here post links there all the time.
I just checked it again and one guy is talking about deflation and the other is talking about hyperinflation. oh well

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by raiders247
reply to post by gorgi

Gorgi you can't be serious. I was about to star your first post because I thought it was some good sarcastic humor, but then I realized you actually seem to believe that a "Recovery" is taking place.

That't the beauty of this country, were all allowed to form an opinion, even if it lacks facts, evidence, logic, and understanding. I see you're new to ATS, Welcome! Now go do some homework bro...

It really is recovering. I know it could be faster. I really wish it was. I have done plenty of homework and thats why i believe that there is no super great mother of all depressions on the horizon.

Ill give you a star. You being about to give me one is most likely the closest I will get

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I'd like to know why wall street is baffled? They must be so far out of touch with reality, because any idiot could see this coming. With our jobs outsourced, gas prices, and people losing homes and jobs, what did they think was going to happen? I guess they think everything would magically fix itself.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

That generation is on craigslist selling their ipods and xboxes, taking low prices for something they paid hundreds for. I worry about the young people. I know women in their 20's who don't know how to cook, let alone plant vegetables. I guess they are counting on their fancy computer jobs and the internet to save them. What they don't understand is, even those jobs are starting go overseas.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by gorgi
reply to post by loam

Its not the greatest, but its no where near what we had in the 30's and 40's and there are no signs that the economy is collapsing. Its recovering.

It's recovering for the rich people, not the ones still living in tent cities and their cars.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Oh, I have been expecting this - and soon... Hyperinflation at a store near You!

It is coming and fast. They (TPTB) will create the Amero and that will be the "solution." Mark My words.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman
reply to post by DAVID64

That generation is on craigslist selling their ipods and xboxes, taking low prices for something they paid hundreds for. I worry about the young people. I know women in their 20's who don't know how to cook, let alone plant vegetables. I guess they are counting on their fancy computer jobs and the internet to save them. What they don't understand is, even those jobs are starting go overseas.

I see a solution - not only for Our youth, but also for this hyperinflating depression... I suggest We pass the ideas I offer in two threads here on ATS on to as many Others as We might:

The End of Entropy - the foundation - read first

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Ethical Planetarian Party Platform - the structure

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If We can eliminate the need for money, We will all live richly and may follow Our bliss, as opposed to competing for diminishing jobs We really would rather be doing something else than.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I think the latest jobs and housing reports put the nail in the coffin. All of a sudden even the MSM is drawing a bleak picture. More and more it feels like 2007/2008 all over again.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
Hmmm, someone needs to tell Obama this news.

Apparently he is too clueless to figure it out himself... surely had he... The Great One would have told us everything we needed to know by now....

Or, this story is bogus and there is no reason to fear as The Great One hasnt' said anything....

Which is it?

I pick the first option.

Or there's a third option that scares me more then obama being a bumbling clueless idiot. The third option is he knows, because it's going accoring to plan. Look at his mad spending spree soon as he took office, he put us so far into debt that we have no hope of ever getting out of it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join