'We are on the verge of a great, great depression!'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
What is going on this week is that the students are getting out of school and families are spending their money on vacations. The government will probably have their cut backs in spending this fall resulting in lay offs.
They spent too much money lavishly on unneeded services and items. It is progress, not a depression.
The worst is long over, and things are gradually becoming better. For all those who indulged in immediate gratification in the past, that is no longer what will be. Patience, hardwork, and saving your money is what Americans are doing now, not risky folish investments. People have been paying off their debts. This is a fabulous thing. Clean out your closets at home and have a yard sale if your looking for a thrill.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
reply to post by camaro68ss

I can't buy silver or gold. I live paycheck to paycheck with maybe $10 left over at the end of the month.(if I am lucky). Most of the times I end up borrowing money from a friend or family member. So this mean that I am -20 most months.

Yeah i understand, It sucks, it really sucks out there and its not going to get better any time soon. all the number coming out are loads of ****. Dont trust your goverment!

go to coinflation.com. If you cant do silver save your nickles and your penneys 1982 and older. 1984 and older penneys are worth 3 times there face value in metal. Nickles right now are worth about 6-7 cents in there metal value and will only go up. Thats the best way to start
edit on 1-6-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Not just that but when the US is unable to buy trillions of their cheap plastic toys, they will be left with alot of product and no market.
Maybe their children will get the surplus toys?!!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truther9111776
buy gold guns and silver

seeds lands and silver

Sounds like a sound investment strategy. So when the bubble/price jacking/speculating is over, you will regret those decisions.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Did you know that sometimes people will say scary things on tv? In this case people say it because thy probably shorted he stock and made a killing. This happens all the time.

We arent even close to a great depression.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Politicians don't admit financial calamity is on the horizon, it's Taboo to an extreme.

A prime example? Look back to 2007 one day before our economic world came to a grinding halt. You will see President Bush and Treasury Secretary Paulson standing before cameras, smiling, laughing, joking.. tell everyone the economy is sound.. it's safe.. America is strong (insert numerous other political soundbites) your savings are secure...

Then it came crashing down.

The last 12 months of Bush's presidency was a frantic marathon to beat the clock, a staggering financial meltdown the likes of which we haven't seen in 85 years was coming to a head and they lied through their teeth to us.

Lied.

Blatantly, openly, exaggeratingly.. and NEVER not once did they apologize.. instead we got the "how were we supposed to know?" .. so sorry you lost 50-70% of your retirement.. my bad..

Now we have a new president, same as the old, new sound bites spoken by a celebrity with the same outcome. Lies, lies lies.. the economy is not getting better. It never had a chance.. the effects we see all around us are nothing more than the pumping inflation of the Reserve, a ponzi scheme that can not only conduct the scheme clear of law or limit, but can even print it's own money.

The likelihood of a complete financial meltdown in the next year seems logical to me.. well paying jobs are still disappearing.. only cheap low wage jobs are gaining, government has expanded it's debt to staggering levels, and we are still seeing a massive level of deflation in consumers.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Well I don't a depression is that bad. The US has a depression in the 1930s and life goes on as usual despite hardships

A depression today would be far far worse than anything we saw in the 1930's.

In the 1930's we manufactured goods in the USA. Now we no longer manufactures anything, we are a nation that imports our goods and has moved manufacturers overseas.

In the 1930's credit card did not exist. Now we are a nation that buys on credit. A promise to pay later.

In the 1930's people owned their own homes and they had no mortgages. Now you cant buy a home without taking a loan and having a Mortgage.

You cannot compare life in the 1930's with life today. A depression in this day and age would make the 1930's look like a walk in the park.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

I partially disagree with you.
At all costs have some land, so that you may garden for food.
Have guns as they protect the others.
Gold and silver are overpriced however, and I believe the price will drop through the floor.
Just my opinion is all.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
More:

Horror for US Economy as Data Falls off Cliff

The last month has been a horror show for the U.S. economy, with economic data falling off a cliff, according to Mike Riddell, a fund manager at M&G Investments in London.

"It seems that almost every bit of data about the health of the US economy has disappointed expectations recently," said Riddell, in a note sent to CNBC on Wednesday.

"US house prices have fallen by more than 5 percent year on year, pending home sales have collapsed and existing home sales disappointed, the trend of improving jobless claims has arrested, first quarter GDP wasn’t revised upwards by the 0.4 percent forecast, durables goods orders shrank, manufacturing surveys from Philadelphia Fed, Richmond Fed and Chicago Fed were all very disappointing."

"And that’s just in the last week and a bit," said Riddell.

Good grief.
edit on 1-6-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

This is obviously fear mongering propaganda. Obama already told us the worst of the recession is over thanks to the bailouts!!

/sarcasm

This crap would be really funny if it was not so true.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

You're right.

I feel much better now.

I'm off to watch Lady Gaga's newest television appearance.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

hahaha oh yes! Now that American Idol is finished for the season I got to get my Gaga on!!!

It is just so sad how far we have come, and what is even worse is that as far as we have fallen so many people still cannot see it, don't get it, or don't care.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

They will soon enough.

Then things will get really scary.

Let's hope for the best.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
You cannot compare life in the 1930's with life today. A depression in this day and age would make the 1930's look like a walk in the park.

Not to mention very few know now how to grow or get their own food.

Yes, it will be very ugly.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
There is no doubt we are in for some "austerity" measures.
In many ways, the U.S. needs a restructuring. Actually, in many, many ways. But, we will get one, but not one that benefits the real working class.
So many Americans are basically spoiled, unproductive, self-centered, self-gratifying, fat, lazy, uneducated, indoctrinated, and immoral humans that feel entitled to a free ride on the backs of whatever fool will bend over for them. So, this has to change, and it will.
But, sadly, only a few will know why this depression HAS to happen because it is rather complex subject, and only a very few will understand it was really never necessary.
Bottom line, if you are looking for a redistribution of wealth, don't hold your breath unless you are willing to physically take it. This depression is all about the transfer of REAL assets, from you and me, to...others.
And they will do it.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

Originally posted by Stewie
So many Americans are basically spoiled, unproductive, self-centered, self-gratifying, fat, lazy, uneducated, indoctrinated, and immoral humans that feel entitled to a free ride on the backs of whatever fool will bend over for them.

I could forgive most of that. You can hardly blame the generational beneficiaries of prosperity the enjoyment of the spoils. But one quality you did not expressly state is the self imposed IGNORANCE. This, I simply can not understand.

WTF? Why are so many Americans clueless about the impending perils????

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

There isnt any impending perils. If we( rest of America) seem clueless its because there isnt anything like that happening. We do not see stuff this not there.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by Stewie

Originally posted by Stewie
So many Americans are basically spoiled, unproductive, self-centered, self-gratifying, fat, lazy, uneducated, indoctrinated, and immoral humans that feel entitled to a free ride on the backs of whatever fool will bend over for them.

I could forgive most of that. You can hardly blame the generational beneficiaries of prosperity the enjoyment of the spoils. But one quality you did not expressly state is the self imposed IGNORANCE. This, I simply can not understand.

WTF? Why are so many Americans clueless about the impending perils????

IGNORANCE is bliss. its a wonderful feeling and thinking about whats to come is to hard. My step-mom said it best when my dad said we need to start preparing " thats scary and i dont want to think about it, american idle is on now."

Sometime i wish i can be that ignorant but then who will pretect me when the SHTF.... no one!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

Originally posted by gorgi
There isnt any impending perils. If we( rest of America) seem clueless its because there isnt anything like that happening. We do not see stuff this not there.

Does that mean you are arguing we have a healthy economy?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Its not the greatest, but its no where near what we had in the 30's and 40's and there are no signs that the economy is collapsing. Its recovering.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join