It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

300 Sheep Mysteriously Die within 60 Minutes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
A United Arab Emirates online news site is reporting that a Gulf Kingdom newspaper contained a story about a Saudi farmer from the western town of Qunfudha who found his entire flock of 300 sheep dead only 60 minutes after last checking on them. Here is a link to the only story I have found online.

www.emirates247.com...

The article mentions disease but I can't imagine any illness that could strike so quickly or so uniformly. Lets hope it was something simple like carbon monoxide or another air borne asphyxiant.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
OHHHHH man I thought this was a post about some crazy phenomena happening within the united states.

I see now...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
My money is on, they all drank the same dirty water.
Like all good sheeple do.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Ruptured gas line in the barn? Methane? Disgruntled New Zealander?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Maybe a group of people from derby went over there... If you know what I mean

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Im still trying to find them, but im wondering if there are any of those killer lakes in that area? They release huge amounts of CO2 which travels along the ground since its heavier then air. Its been known to kill large herds of animals like this as well as people.

The most known ones are in camaroon.
www.newscientist.com...
www.environmentalgraffiti.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrZrD
A United Arab Emirates online news site is reporting ...

Doing a google search, the story is widely reported but ALL sources point back to the pitifully small emirates247.com article.

That site is reporting that the story comes from sabq.org
Now sabq is an arabic news website, but google does have a translate feature and since you posted this story I've been trying to find the original story on that site.
Cant find it.
Any arabic speakers/readers out there?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Wouldn't you hate to be the one "taking samples"?

However revealing and interesting, that would be a horrible job.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Note, these animal deaths actually occurred on Saturday, May 28, 2011, a few days ago. I found a professional discussion of possible causes for these deaths at the web site for the International Society for Infectious Diseases (ISID) here:

ProMed

Principles at ISID also believe the cause of death is more likely "... due to a toxic or metabolic cause rather than an infectious agent ...". Those with knowledge of infectious diseases should find the discussion at this link very interesting.

top topics

join