It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The quiet before the storm. Just so you can't say that you werent warned.

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by bunnydisaster
reply to post by Brianegan

If only you loved grammar and punctuation as much as god, more people might take you seriously.
I mean REALLY? REALLY?
WWJD? Use Spellcheck, that's what.

edit on 1-6-2011 by bunnydisaster because: (no reason given)

I dont have the time...Feel lucky that i even gave you another warning and one such as firey as this to reach your eyes...

You have read the warning grammer or not well done the message was understood....thats it

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheReturnisNear

Originally posted by bunnydisaster

If only you loved grammar and punctuation as much as god, more people might take you seriously.
I mean REALLY? REALLY?
WWJD? Use Spellcheck, that's what.

edit on 1-6-2011 by bunnydisaster because: (no reason given)

Where is the spell check function?

exactly

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
This sounds like a rationalization of the old question of why an all-loving god would allow such evil and cruelty as we have here on earth.

I myself have found that question to be a major stumbling block in my belief of a benevolent god. This theory sounds hopeful to me, but theories are a dime a dozen and I have no reason to believe this over anything else, aside from the moral dilemma solved.

It is not the question, it is the answer.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

"What I’m about to say is THE most important thing you will hear or have ever heard in the past" ...thats about when I stopped reading your thread past page 1st.

1. Who are YOU to tell me and the whole world...what YOU say...IS and WILL be THE most important thing I will EVER hear...or HAVE heard?
2. That would imply to us straight out from the gate....you have the all the answers. And you alone...and we should listen because.
3. That you have a "mission" to set us all straight and that we should understand your MOST IMPORTANT THING (that you feel to us SHOULD be the most important)...and that with the that...you alone have warned us. (Apparently, you will not be affected)

It is always interesting when a poster states EXCLUSIVE warnings, PROOF!, CONFIRMED!, VERIFIED!, LISTEN!, FINAL WARNING!, etc, etc, etc....

Seriously? Most members over the legal age know that because of headers like yours that...

1. It is definately NOT the very last and only "quiet before any storm" coming
2. and that why should we believe you as any authority?
3. and also that most who claim they have the final, end-all, only confirmed, verified, proven "warning" ...have nothing of the sort.

It is ultimately better to state that you may have a strong "belief", a unique "idea", and possibly a reality- based "theory" rather than jumping in with "...you cant say you werent warned!' Nya, nya...Told ya so!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Why do you have a god that you must warn people about?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by brianmg5

You assume too much. "God" could simply be humans higher functioning. We don't really know. I do know that letting go of something and letting the universe, god, higher self, etc take care of it produces good results. So we are in agreement there.

I've learned this lesson through tremendous amounts of pain. I had many friends and family suggesting that I turn all of my worries/problems over to a higher power. I finally did this about 6 years ago and the results have been fantastic. Life long fears fell away and an entire new life has been built on the foundations of trusting in whatever is out there rather than my reason.

Reason is great for math, not so great for getting over fear.

But again, you really have no idea if this is a higher part of human beings, a God, a mechanism in the universe, etc. So please be honest with yourself and just say "I don't know, but it works."

And for you naysayers out there...Make an honest attempt for yourself before calling this BS. Take something that you're worried about and give it to the universe. Don't think about it anymore, it's no longer in your hands. Then, do the right thing in all circumstances no matter how uncomfortable you feel. In the end you may not get what you want, but you will get exactly what you need.

A very small example. A person feels inadequate because they have a POS car. They obsess about getting a new car but can't get one. They decide to ask the universe, higher power, God, etc for a new car. A few days after doing so, their current car breaks down and they don't have the cash to repair it (He wasn't actually asking for a new car. His desire for a new car was based on his desire to feel adequate). Therefore, the universe heard his call to be complete and whole and gave him the opportunity to let go of his perception that he needed a new car to be adequate, to let go of their obsession with the car and accept that they are perfectly OK without one. This has been my experience except for me it was relationships.

No reason to argue with the OP in this thread, you can verify his claims yourself. But be honest with yourself if you do so.

edit on 1-6-2011 by brianmg5 because: (no reason given)

You assume that i assume anything at all so see the mirror and change it.

You are on both side of the see saw.....Choose one or get off the battle field.....Neutrals will be dealt with afterwards and will be removed from line of fire.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn
reply to post by OldCorp

What ever happened to your ask an astronomer thread? Are you ever gonna release the video?

Do you really think that this place is meant for your personal chit chat ....You know what button to hit if that is the case.

On topic or move along nicely. There is a warning inside that you were supposed to read...If you didnt you missed something important that wont just stop because you didnt read it...If you read it fully good for and i think you have work to do.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by beansanmash
Every question doesn't have one right answer. What if there was a different answer equally good or better?

Also, what if I see some lady drowning in a river? Is God going to assess the entire situation for me and come up with the best solution on whether or not to try and save her?

My point is, you say we should give up free will, but can't free will be necessary sometimes?
edit on 1-6-2011 by beansanmash because: (no reason given)

Proccess of limination works perfectly if you include perfect patience........There is always one right and many wrong.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by TheReturnisNear

OK good questions. Maybe we can finally get through with the planted complainers on the site and move on to critical analysis. You mention the word God and it brings out the most malcontent haters for some reason. If there is no God, why do they bother INSISTING that they have no accountability to this god? Because either they lie in that they do believe in a God but refuse to face this prospect (are in psychological denial) or they lie about insisting to have no accountability. If they truly did not have any accountability then this thread would be meaningless to them, they would not have come here and spent even the time to write a malcontent sentence. If they are here then they lie about not having an interest in the subject since it is not logical to spend ones time where there is no interest. Probably they have an interest but it is suppressed by their conditioning therein creating a love hate relationship with the truth.

Excuse me..but I'm not talking about myself here..I'm speaking on behalf of people all over this world...that feel they have no free will....

and you DARE say..that just because someone mentions GOD..all the malcontent haters come out..

Have you ever thought its because some have looked at the bible,and see it makes no sense..have you ever thought..that the mindset ALONE of most of you so called christians on here..is enough to scare most away from God...if he actually exists..

you blah blah blah on about accountability..and how people won't take accountability for their actions..well take this accountability.....YOU are the reason I don't want to believe in your GOD. Its people like you who have who done more damage for God than they realize, by exercising your free will to totally arrogantly judge others,and to condemn anyone who questions you as "god haters"

You totally kid yourself if you actually think you are 'working" for God, because in reality if a loving just God exists..you are working against him.

And God should to take some accountability too, if He exists..for allowing idiots to preach in His name !!!!!

Misery does love company but all those people sharing your beliefs are just in your head/.......Soon you will in deed be all by yourself if you dont take my words seriously.....

As i said i dont care about how you percieve me just that you know i mean what i say....

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brianegan
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Love you two op13.......So very much.

[COLOR=gold]

If your love for the is real in time the brightness will determine
I guess its all focused/based onwhat 1 has learned when

Going thru trials and tribulations
encourage SPECIES LOVE & PEACE relations

Avoiding the trials as many have done
only causes more learning yes for 1

Learning learning a path of joy and pain
can sometimes cause a spirit to remember again

Remember the TRUTH and the and those who sent it
this is when required 1 is to repent quick

Intelligence is, an ability to see
That sometimes ALL wont be able to be

One the same page or even LEVEL
even if 1z mind is fearing to settle

So when observed from here to there
its sad to draw power YES even with FEAR

Words YOU share I TRUSTED AND LOVED
Even prepared to Bow when I thought you was

Was, was the LIGHT forseen
for I war for the LIGHT when my sword is not sheathed

Indeed its felt YOUR true intent
And yet its requested that OTHERS REPENT

Eternal they/ you are flesh stricken ARENOT
When judgment comes THEY leave this spot

For higher densities have worked real hard
To survive in a world full of rulers playen cards

As if its a game and not, Existance chapter?
Every where in the post seems seeked DISASTER

So since its seeked Controlled it will not
This isnt prediction-its pulled by evol thoughts

Thoughts of power and minipulation
w/o considering, higher COSMIC RELATIONS

I pray for the best in this journey your on
1 has slithered away to seek your bond

The bond it seeks is company no more
and will only feed of negative adored

So each time 1 tries to black practice the majikz
the slith will drain somewhat like a magnet

Any energy neg. in its ways
especially 1 predicting END OF DAYS

Again you say -Loves you two
as if 1z a **** who relies on you

To provide love and protection for my best in minds
Which basically equalls to ALL your kinds

Be well my brotheren see REAL indeed
your still my family even if no LOVE for me

I tried my best to stick with your cause
but its YOU who must realize whos really the BOSS!

Until our souls meet Fully awakend from sleep
1 wishes you the best in all you seek*******
OP13 out now-returns all influence there not...... to thou
Love LIGHT ETERNIA
Sentafia shall learn
sauf ic a sa luc-lucientaz

edit on 6/2/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SelfSustainedLoner
Your asking questions about questions and with no answers. All I see here is a ramble from someone with some very harmful thought's about life. I wish the OP the best of luck in his life's journey.

Your opions will soon show themselves to be false.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
SSoooo... uhhh..... where do aliens fit into this?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
If the tread is about God the thread title should mention God.

Atheists and agnostics, as well as all the other nonxian theists
are forever warned. We all know God's wrath because Christians
are duty-bound to tell us.

I wish more Christians tried to act like Jesus...

who do you think will be right behind the storm.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Originally posted by TheInterceptor

I stopped reading when you said you "literally fell off your high horse". I'v get 10 bucks that says you don't even have a horse.

It reminded me of a David Cross bit when he rags on a guy that says "Dude that was so funny, i literally just #@!% my pants!"

I literally lost interest.

Interceptor

I still haven't lost interest in this avatar at all. The noses look really realistic. There is one thing that is going on in a large way, that hasn't been blown out of the water, there are going to be alot of people going down on every level, to the very top, when it is. And its going to be blown wide open. That is a given.

God is a great conversation, to me it means the Highest Love and Goodness and our Family. But one thing is, doing the work we came to do, passing the tests, growing Love and Service To Others, that is serving God/Goodness, with our free will in tact, choosing right with it. There are no pyramids, you have to turn them around.

And we're going to protect the children. What is hidden is going to be exposed and there will be justice. Every single child is going to be safe.
edit on 1-6-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Well said.........bravo........Love you unity.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by zosimos
what i dont understand is why every one chalks all this up to a god.
i could be wrong, but i thought that catholoscism was lik a mash up of a bunch of different ancient religions and zodiac stuff.
im not sure. but i think its all just stories with underlying messages.
free wills a funny thing, because most people react to things so i am not sure if thats a free will, thats just a learned response? but if you observe whats happening and then react thats free will?
i think im just confusing myself

God lives.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
This is about CHOICES. So, if you believe in what you wrote, then do not get mad at or bash peoples with other oppinions, because that is a CHOICE. Respect the choice or not, still a choice. We all have different paths that lead us in different directions. Whether they are physical, mental, or other i do not see or know about. Still, people and all walks of life take these paths. My thought process. I think, therefore i am comes to mind. Oh, and by the way. If you are not in a state of mind/conscious, thus you do not think and therefore have no thought to make any choices. The only choice you get is one that fate put on you. roll the dice, so to speak. Yes, that is a choice, but was not a conscious one, tho a conscious person can make that choice also. You think that all humans have a choice? Not true. Sometimes you have no choice. Example: Do you think you had the choice to be here on earth? To live in this galaxy or this bubble we call space. Sure, once you were born you began to learn. You learned everything in your little environment. The environment of physical, mental, or what i do not see or know about. You learned because you were conscious. Whether that being an energy wave of conscious, a physical human conscious, or anything that is conscious. This is what i believe, this is my choice, my choice. You can do whatever you want, but just remember that you live in this bubble called space along with other consciousness around you. So, with that said. PEACE BE WITH YOU BROTHER.

How i feel about doesnt matter.......Take the warning or dont...That is your choice.

link   

Very long post, but I think I got the point. I can see that the use of "free will", "angels", and "God" shows that your a bit biased in your believe of religions. I say biased because you story is leaning towards Christianity. I believe you subconsciously went for a more Christian view because you were probably born in a Christan family or the mere fact that where you live Christianity seems to surround you. I know how it feels to look for answers and feel like your not getting anywhere; sad really. The question you presented about what you would do if given a choice to get rid of your free will is a simple question to me and many that I feel I have to answer; YES! If god came into direct contact with you and said you could be an angel and would rid you of your earthly desires and show you paradise what would you say? Humans are born curious, some are more curious.

There is a window at the basement of our house that you can glare the under of our deck which holds a birds nest. I just noticed that there were three birds in the nest that were getting pretty big and would be ready to leave the nest. Just yesterday I noticed that there were only two birds and a couple hours later was lucky enough to catch the second bird barely make a landing from the nest to the ground(Probably around 5 feet). The nest had no view of the sky and trees from the angle the nest was at. That bird made a couple small jumps seeing that it couldn't really fly properly and left the under of our deck and glared at the sky for 2 minutes. I swear it was something magnificent, it was in awe of the beauty of the world. It finally made a attempt at flying and got half way up to the fence and with all it's strength and then landed on the other side of the fence; then it was out of sight. The second bird was reluctant in leaving the nest, it seemed so scared. I could understand, it had to make a leap of faith that if it landed out of the nest it would not know what would happen to it. After 30 minutes it finally left and did the same routine as the other bird, except for when it got half way up to the fence it landed and couldn't hold on to the fence and fell back. Then finally made it back up half way and then over the fence.

What I'm trying to say is look at life and the world as an experience and don't waste it with questions that humans can't really comprehend. I know you though, your like me and will not except this as an answer or your own conclusion as an answer and will still try to go deeper. I myself need to understand that life is short and need to stop bombarding myself with such questions of quantum theory and laws that seem to lead to more questions. I laugh at the fact I'm telling someone to stop with the curiously. Good luck on your life though...

link   

Originally posted by djzombie
The weatherman said there was a storm coming today too, but he was wrong as well. It was beautiful all day.

and we will see the same very soon as well right after.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
If you cannot live in peace with other consciousnesses, then you are doommed to never achieve that is what is great. In other words. If you cannot live in peace with thy brother, you are doommed to live a life in pain and suffer. Your choice. I know how hard it is to love thy neighbor sometimes. Seems impossible, but they are learning too. No matter how good or bad they are. We are stuck in this bubble together, so. We all do not have the same paths, but just try to remember that and in the long run our consciousnesses will be as one working. Sort of like ants. All working, all doing different things, but have one goal. So to speak.

That is exactly what im saying to everyone bc even you are here because you couldnt get along with the others and cause great divide.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by djzombie
reply to post by cloaked4u

I would prefer to live in peace with everyone, as long as that does not mean being forced to submit to another person's belief structure. I would have you expect the same of me.

God is not just a person.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join