It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The quiet before the storm. Just so you can't say that you werent warned.

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
See... this is the thing. Your whole premise starts with a belief in God. That this one omnipresence created everything we see around us. Imperfections and all. I will let the videos tell the rest of the story.

There is no point in debating the issue, we all know how that turns out

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by seridium

Originally posted by cloaked4u
reply to post by seridium

I believe your conscious lives on after you are dead. I also believe that that energy has to go somewhere. Also, that somewhere is wherever you want to go. Your choice.

But what makes you believe that? please elaborate.

All the weird and crazy that happens all over the world. From ghosts, orbs, ufo's, strange creatures, unexsplained phenomina, dissapearances, and peoples accounts of things that happen around them. Like some things that happened to me. That energy, when you die has to go somewhere and i believe you have the choice to go and do what you want.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
As soon as you mentioned god I stopped reading, and I'm guessing most other readers will as well.

Yup...
Saved me a lot of reading though
. As I skimmed over the remainder of the paragraphs, following the mention of that fictional character, there seems to be more references to that word. If anybody was serious about warning anybody then they would not factor "God" or religion into it. We all know what happens when religious people scare people based on readings from that Novel. In case you don't know: every prediction made by religious people about the end of the world has FAILED.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
To the OP,

I too believe in an underlying energy beyond what we deem the physical universe, however, I make no claims that I can SAVE people, and that my way is the only way. I think it absolutely absurd, claiming that you have the one true word. Like many before you, you answer questions with nothing more than ambiguity 'spreading the word' in a very manipulative way, offering nothing in the way of proof other than the fact you know that it's true, for reasons I cannot be sure of. The next Harold Camping perhaps, but probably something less sinister. I read your post because it looked interesting but am replying to it because of the way you feel you have the right to speak to people who don't share your beliefs, and dare to disagree with you. I really am struggling with your concept here, are you a prophet? I await your ambiguous reply.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Brianegan

Dear Brian,

You are clearly excited about something - so much so that your opening piece has come across as, frankly, incoherent. You ramble and thus your post is l o n g. I could not follow your train of thought. It's a garbled sort of stream of conciousness writing which you should have double checked especially since you, and I'm guessing here, are fighting for our souls? It is FULL of errors of many kinds (as are your follow up posts)
The old adage is the 'CALM' before the storm, and, sorry... but what storm are you referring to and what exactly are you warning us about?

I find it hard to give credence to a poster who is not clear in what they are trying to say (especially when they post such a dramatic thread title...) and who does not review their words when it appears they are predicting or prophesying.

Collect your thoughts in a cohesive, coherent way and then maybe more of us will be ble to see where you're coming from and what you are trying to say.

edit on 2-6-2011 by 5senses because: add

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

Originally posted by laffoe
reply to post by gabby2011

Reason for the saying that speech is silver but silence is gold.
Your words doesn't make it to silver though.
Gold dwells in your heart even as we speak.
Do you realize?
Listen!

I'm sorry laffoe..I accidentally hit the reply button on your post ,to reply to a quote by brianegan....oops

Sorry for the confusion.

What??..theres gold in my heart??
yay..I'm rich...

Just kidding laffoe..I knew what you meant, and thank you for the kind words

I know you have gold in your heart...
My word was trying to say that if we doesn´t have anything wise to say,
it is better to seek the silence of the heart... Gold... God
Know that my heart is fully behind the OP, as he already knows

I only hope the best for you, sending you my love.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

As soon as you mentioned god I stopped reading, and I'm guessing most other readers will as well.

You sir are correct, and no offense to any other posters after this one from john124 no matter how enlightened they may be, but I am now also done reading this thread as well.

No real use for pages and pages of yeah God and no there's not God, if you need affirmation go to church or whatever chosen place of worship. You'll like it, they'll agree with you there instead of frustrating you with no win arguments.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Thx for sharing, OP. I don't know if I understand really what the core of your message is. But here's my two cents anyway...

The question was asked, "If we could give our freewill back to God, would we do it?"

I don't know, maybe? I view everything has One source, and is One, and freewill is just part of this 'game' we play as entities. If we give up our freewill, then I think everything goes back to the state of Oneness, thus concepts of
'right' and wrong', 'winners' and losers', and all other dualities just disappear, because everything is One.

I would argue, where's the fun in that? Now.. what would be cool, I think, is if we can still reunite with that state of Oneness w/o having to surrender freewill. If we can learn (or perhaps even, forget?) how to live rightfully, we may find our way back into Oneness.

Then there's the matter of Choice. Like.. if I arrive at a crossroads, and there is a choice between right or left. If I choose to go right (or left) is that a freewill choice or not? If I flip a coin to decide which way to turn, is that a freewill choice or is it not? Ultimately, does it matter which way I choose? Well, to a man going to a dinner party o a women going to a business meeting, it probably would matter quite a bit (at least, it appears that way to them at that moment in time.) Though, what is the Big Picture? I think we are occluded to that, to the design of the plan, and our Freewill choices many of the times are merely guesses as to what would the "right" thing to do in this or that situation be.
So. The general idea I am trying to convey is that ultimately, freewill is an illusion, and we all as individualized portions of the Godhead (or whatever deity/deities you acknowledge) have willingly forgotten our true potentials. We have essentially blinded ourselves so that we may play a game.
Just my thoughts..

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
S+F

Interesting read. Don't agree with everything you have said but hey its all opinionated anyway

good effort!

Peace!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

I enjoyed the read...Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. It was certainly a refreshing viewpoint, yet when I look at what is at the heart of the same teachings I have followed, they are remarkably similar.

I also do not consider myself to be a part of major religions...but I do follow a blend of Eastern teachings, including Christianity (yes that was originally Eastern as well).

I have followed the teachings of Self Realization Fellowship now for some time (Paramahansa Yogananda), as it gave me the best path (personally) to experience GOD here on Earth...What can I say, the meditation and yogic techniques worked for me...and while I am in no way "Enlightened" or "Awakened" etc.., I have certainly experienced GOD first-hand because of them.

I just wanted to say that as far as I can tell, your beliefs are actually at the very core of the same beliefs I hold and the same teachings I follow. So yes, I think you are definitely onto something with your message. Of course, others will disagree, and that is their "free will" to do so...As long as your beliefs satisfy you that is all that ultimately matters.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

some interesting theory ...

It's basically the same as saying you are god. My opinion is that we simply can't describe what we use the word "God" for. In other words, you can't put a word on it because that would limit it.

Free will is the key, you see thought creates reality because reality is thought; a single waveform encompassing all points at all times, a hologram if you will.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I see the words "free will" and it makes me think. How many times have those that say god's gift to man was free will turn around and scream that (wo)man does not have freedom of choice ?
Just a random thought ... carry on

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fatgoblin

Originally posted by OldCorp
On the contrary, I speak to God every single day; and through His word (and that tiny little voice inside of me,) He speaks to me.

Of course. He would rather speak to you instead of thousands of dying, starving children all around the world who cry out to him every single minute and get no response.

Makes perfect sense

How do you know what God did, or did not, say to those children Bolo? Were you there?

What I find amazing is all of the supposedly intelligent people who dismiss the possibility of God out of hand; but they believe in aliens, HAARP, "TPTB," or any number of things that they can't see - including evolution.

The Universe is VAST, and ancient too. Who is to say that God doesn't belong to a race of beings that evolved millions, if not billions of years ago? Think about that for just a second. In the past few thousand years, humans have gone from walking wherever they went, to cruising in space; sending manned vehicles to the Moon, and probes to other planets - some of which have already left the solar system and are heading out into interstellar space.

Through simple things like a better diet and medicines, humans have managed to DOUBLE their average life span since Christ walked the Earth. Human knowledge is doubling every 18 months. The Japanese are using neural tissue to store information just like a computer; a hundred years from now, scientists may find a way to download our consciousness into a new body, or through the use of medicine and technology enable us to live in the ones we have for as long as we want. Scientists have already created itsy-bitsy little robots that can repair damage INSIDE a living cell. What does that sound like but eternal life?

In our current state of evolution, we don't use anywhere near the projected capacity of our brains, yet telekinesis and telepathy are proven to be possible. What would another million years of evolution do to us? Will we be able to move large objects just by wishing it to be done? Will we be able to create things by rearranging matter simply by thinking about it?

Is it beyond the realm of possibility that an advanced species that has been evolving before since life on Earth was stuck in the primordial ooze might be able to use their brain power - or highly advanced technology - to open wormholes and travel across vast distances? Five hundred years ago, humans were convinced that the world was flat and that the Sun revolved around it. A hundred years ago, humans were only aware of three dimensions, and now physicists theorize that there are 11 dimensions - or more - in a multiverse of possibilities.

What wonders will scientists discover about the reality of our universe in another hundred years; or a thousand, or ten thousand? Will WE be opening wormholes, traveling through subspace or inter-dimensionally in bodies that never wear out? And when we discover - or create - new life on other planets, wouldn't that make us "god-like?"

Damn people, wake up and use your imaginations. If you have no imagination, use logic. There is NO WAY that humans are the pinnacle of evolved life in the universe. It is what, 13.5 billion years old? Our little rock was only cobbled together from interstellar dust 4.5 billion years ago. What about all of the civilizations that MUST have risen and fallen long before our atoms were puked out from a stellar nursery somewhere? Surely some of them must have survived long enough to figure out a way to advance without destroying themselves in the process. If they are still around, and were to visit Earth, wouldn't we see them as "gods?"

If you deny the possibility that somewhere in our universe there are beings so advanced - technologically, physically, and spiritually - that they would make us look like bacteria in comparison, then you have no business calling yourself anything but ignorant.

edit on 6/2/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Wow, I might have missed something, but this was such a good post, that I actually logged in and felt compelled to contribute. Everything you said was spot on. I feel exactly the same way, and have tried to put into words everything you have said, for the past 3 or so years. When you say you dont support any one religion, I understand what you mean. I am very faithful, but I don't proclaim to be "Christian".

I also can relate to what you describe as being a "Journey". Yes, that is certainly what it is, and it is up to us to pack our bags, and head out on our own journey. Some people dont, but I have no problem with that, it is their choice, and even if it is right or wrong, I am happy that they have the power to make them.

I understand for the most part what you were writing about, as I feel the same way on most everything you said. But, I will tell you one of the most painful, and important things I learned on my journey was this: The wisdom you recieve from God cannot be transferred to another through the medium of langauge. We must go to him personally to recieve it. I could go on, but like I said, language isn't the medium for relaying such knowledge. I hope you understand what I mean, and I hope you never stop learning.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

OK I lied, I was not done with this thread. OldCorp, that, my friend was one of the most enlightened posts I have ever read here.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
How do you know what God did, or did not, say to those children Bolo? Were you there?
[/QUOTE]

Haha what? Are you serious? Read your own post once again where you seem to know just about everyyyyything about god when it comes to what he thinks and why he does or doesn't do things.

And then you ask ME how I know or don't know? Well how the hell do you know why god does or doesn't do things as well?

But hey, YOU know because of that book of fairy tales and the voices in your head.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
LENGTHY reply to post by Brianegan

Interesting read and I think you are on the right path. ;-)

That said, next I have a point to make:

My prediction is everything will come down to wether or not you trust your decision over Gods decision. In other words do you still believe that your free will is a gift from god.

So, since you are telling us this you speak for God. Who does that make you? End point.

Furthermore, our "free will" is what we chose. This you seem to agree with. And it is very significant that you see it as such. But...

You assert we chose freedom as a mistake and should forcibly undo our choice and go back to slavery. Not so. All is as it should be.

We are free in this life Just as we meant for us to be.. Else it would not have been done. No mistakes.

The "test" is not whether we would choose to relinquish our own freedom and become selfless during this life. Though that may be a great thing to do. Relinquishing our individuality (free will) happens when we die and shed ego.

Perhaps there is no single test of understanding that we pass or fail, no rule to obey or suffer. Perhaps suffering is simply a natural part of being separate from the rest of our "Higher Self".

It is not up to us to fix our error and correct this reality. We are now human beings here to enjoy being human because we chose for it to be so. There was no error, so have joy and be!

Enjoy the experience of this beautiful planet; this body; this mind; these fellow humans close to us; these furry/scaly/feathered people here with us. Enjoy it whenever possible. Endure when it is not.

No, we need not make one epic choice to save the world. In the long run, it will be fine no matter what we do.

Our "souls" are already "saved" - not by making any choice. Just by the nature of things. Just a matter of fact.

If individuality (freedom) is an error than who do relinqish control to? Someone else? A precher? A prophet? A majic book, interpreted by whom? What greater being is there here physically than us? Who's brain will do the thinking for us?

We must think and act for ourselves or else someone else here will do it. (defaults to TPTB_javascript:icon('
'))

I see the ongoing, daily issue of importance to be this: that we choose to act with compassion towards all while we are here enjoying being human.

Act with compassion towards others. Act with compassion for ourselves. Act with compassion for this living planet and the people who live here with and after us.

...sorry, not to be rude but I must get busy this am. Namaste.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

It was at that point...
But the way i read the first 3 paragraphs
was that the author thought that the only way to conduct life choices is to say 'What would Jesus Do'
and to behave accordingly...

i say # that!...i myself know whats right/good/proper...and even when under the gun, when circumstances are so dire that life & death hag in the balance... I'm not going to immerse myself in a sustained inner dialogue and try to concieve just ''What Would Jesus Do, Now?'

dear author, rationalize all you want... i expect that your calling will be among the 'martyred'...
whether its ones higher-self, a outside higher power, god or God (as the case may be)...

one bob dylan song used the refrain Trust Yourself.......
and nobody else
edit on 1-6-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

but you must bear in mind that bob dylan has admittedly said that he sold his soul to the devil, so take that in mind when taking quotes or song titles from any modern day or not so modern day pop artists.

if you dont believe me go and do your own research and i can tell you i am not lying because i have seen the interview with him when he admits it, from his mouth through the microphone, through my speakers, into my ears into my conscious.

peace

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
ummmm this is not even a prediction......... who gave this post stars???

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
@Fatgoblin:

That avatar is depicting child sacrifice. And an investigation needs to be done! And everyone has just glossed on over it. Its not something you ignore, its something an IP needs pulling and an investigation done on. And this is very common, its over. We're ending that obscenity on this planet now and every single child is going to be SAFE!
edit on 2-6-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join