It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The quiet before the storm. Just so you can't say that you werent warned.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
As soon as you mentioned god I stopped reading, and I'm guessing most other readers will as well.

Not me. I love GOD.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Brianegan

Silly false prophet acting with such pride you find yourself so worthy to be proven or disproved.

Go falsely evangelize to the choir so no sane or righteous person Have cause to read the ramblings of an uncleanly mind.

Who are you to promote self prophesying.

You declare yourself an expert in the knowledge of truth and light, Do not deny this your words speak volumes on the pride in self.

So high and mighty to be the Savior of the poor unbelievers, who demanded this task of you?

Not your "god" I'm sure leading others astray from the path of truth isn't a proper teaching.

Let the word and light be found by those who believe and preach not your lies silver tongued charlatan.

May you not be a burden on the path of the believers.

The questions of which you speak are naught but trickery to question faith itself.

To corrupt the innocent, the believers and unbelievers by confusing them or making conflicting points of argument.

The path of truth is not paved with conflict but personal reflection and responsibility.

Your foolish questions cause only doubt in ones own choices and insecurity to make future choices.

Thus leading the innocent to commit harmful deeds out of confusion.
edit on 1-6-2011 by LurkingSleipner because: Truthiness

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by gabby2011

There is always free will...only consequences

Ok..so what if the consequences of doing the right thing may hurt others..many have died and left family behind,because they dared try to stop something that was wrong.

The consequences of someones free will also impede anothers free will.

All I was trying to say,was that for many,there is no choice , because if they make the choice that they would choose , the consequences are dire..and that does not seem to be much of a free choice.

OK good questions. Maybe we can finally get through with the planted complainers on the site and move on to critical analysis. You mention the word God and it brings out the most malcontent haters for some reason. If there is no God, why do they bother INSISTING that they have no accountability to this god? Because either they lie in that they do believe in a God but refuse to face this prospect (are in psychological denial) or they lie about insisting to have no accountability. If they truly did not have any accountability then this thread would be meaningless to them, they would not have come here and spent even the time to write a malcontent sentence. If they are here then they lie about not having an interest in the subject since it is not logical to spend ones time where there is no interest. Probably they have an interest but it is suppressed by their conditioning therein creating a love hate relationship with the truth.

OK, so we know that most atheists are liars to themselves. So lets move on.

Your questions remind me of the writer Dennis Lehane who wrote the book Gone Baby Gone. Just a side note.

Just because a choice is dire, does take away the reality that free will creates dire choices. Take for example, black holes in the Universe. Now that is a dire situation in that they suck in everything we know as matter. However, there is an upside to a black hole. What we can't see is that the black hole is shooting out new universes from the other side. In the most darkest hours (no pun intended there) a new universe is born.

Mankind encounters their own facsimile of this natural phenomena. It comes out in our lexicon. It is always darkest before the light. When there is no hope, and all seems completely lost to this complete darkness a new light comes forward. Perhaps this experience is created into our psyche from these natural phenomena. The religious writings passed down from generation to generation have many parallels to these natural occuring phenomena. God. Jesus. Saviours. Sacrifice. Evil. Righteousness. Darkness. Light. All of these things are teaching examples of how things work on a universal scale where matter and anti matter, black holes and new universes are ongoing productions.

The author of the original post makes an interesting point about angles who remain close to God while mankind deviates from God through free will. Mankind have therefore reached a pinacle where they can become like God. Angles are not qualified to become God because they do not go through the trials of darkness that mankind goes through and God went though before he took over this universe. Will all mankind become God just by virtue of the fact that they are on the same path God is on? Afterall man was created in the image of God according to the account. No. Some will fall out of grace completely as has Satan. These will permanately be on the darkside. Not necessarily a bad thing but certainly not what most of us would hope for based on our matter composition. In otherwords, our material composition is such that to become darkness is damnation. At that point hope is crushed and will not move though the darkness to a new light as does a universe being sucked into and then exploded out of a stellar phenomena. These pheneomena are part of our consciousness and therein are real as we suppose not having any perfect knowledge of these ideas. Therein lies faith. Our entire consciousness is based on faith that what is there in our psyche is how things really are and our faith is fortified though experience and clues from our environment made up of symbols of these supposed truths. Jesus. The Cross. The Son/Sun. Evil. Sacrifice are all symbols that fortify our relationship to this universe.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
too long; did not read

I did skim however, and you did not deliver on what you sold: a valid warning.

It's funny that people can't take the time to read a "long" post. Sometimes longer posts contain some really enlightening stuff...other times not. This time however, I really enjoyed reading it. (Even if it was a bit hard to understand because of grammar structure, but that's ok.
)

It offered a different insight, not all of which I agree with. I just find it funny that people complain about this or that, about how he or she or whoever is like this or that...complaining, yet preach the wisdom of free will. You can't give free will to all but a few. I just don't see how that would work. If that made sense...? Hope it did.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
An observation:

Many people with warning predictions are often basing it on the premise of "I have never seen things so bad -- chaos all around! This must be the ULTIMATE chaos/destruction of the world!"

The problem is that yes, it might be the most chaotic situation you've ever seen -- but you haven't lived through the entire history of the world and I would bet that most people are unaware of just how bad some of the earlier scenarios were in history.

Take, for instance, the Black Plague. In some areas, 90% of the population died from this. At the same time the climate in Europe suddenly switched from "really warm" to "headed toward the Little Ice Age" so crops were failing, weather patterns were unstable, Mongol armies started encroaching again, there were widespread famines and anarchy as government structures collapsed.

People with messages exactly like yours traveled from village to village, preaching the end was coming... and for many, it did (as they unwittingly spread the disease.)

If you'd been alive then and if we'd had Internet or easy international travel and almost instant news, imagine the horror you would have felt as the entire world crumbled around you (it wasn't the ENTIRE world, mind you, but to a middle class person in Europe it would have looked that way.)

There were other times that were equally as bad.

And the end never came.

The next time the world looks horrible and as though it can't get any worse, read up on things like the Crusades, the Black Plague, the famines, the "Black Hole of Calcutta", Crimean War, and then get a picture of what else was going on... and imagine getting ALL that news delivered at once via Internet. Read up on social laws and social justice from that time period (when someone saying "they gave me a strange look" might mean that they'd come take you and break your body parts and brand you until you confessed that you'd been making deals with the Devil.)

It'll give you a new perspective.

Reference
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scytherius

There is no God so your entire premise fails. Nice try, though.

And where is your proof that there is no God? Just because you say so?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheReturnisNear

Originally posted by Scytherius

There is no God so your entire premise fails. Nice try, though.

And where is your proof that there is no God? Just because you say so?

This. Right here.
There is no reason there can't be a God. I believe that God and science can fit together very well. And please don't mistake that statement meaning that I'm some ill-informed creationist. One can believe in creative design alongside science.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I'm not a religious person myself but...

judging based on some answers like "I stopped reading when you mentioned god" are just a bit... well... dumb. There is bliss in ignorance of course but at least knowing what you're talking about helps. Its like some ppl are afraid of religion. Even mentioning the word makes them go nuts. wow...

And second... some of you should be more respectful of others beliefs. Religion is not to be taken lightly and you cant violate other's freedom or faith by bashing whatever he or she believes in.

Show some respect, even not believing it.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
An observation:

Many people with warning predictions are often basing it on the premise of "I have never seen things so bad -- chaos all around! This must be the ULTIMATE chaos/destruction of the world!"

The problem is that yes, it might be the most chaotic situation you've ever seen -- but you haven't lived through the entire history of the world and I would bet that most people are unaware of just how bad some of the earlier scenarios were in history.

I agree with this. Our collective psyche seems to have a chaotic end built into it. I believe it comes from our collective knowledge that universes are sucked into black holes and new ones are made. This knowledge of how thing work have been put into symbols, teachings, traditions, and various memory enhancers including religion. I believe that some people have this branded into their consciousness more than others because they have certain DNA that holds this memory function. In other words some people on earth are actually closer to this "God" than others because they have closer matching DNA to God and no manner of attempts can break this bonding code. Others seem not to have the same DNA or hard wiring.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

You are going to make an excellent Grandpa!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

If only you loved grammar and punctuation as much as god, more people might take you seriously.
I mean REALLY? REALLY?
WWJD? Use Spellcheck, that's what.

edit on 1-6-2011 by bunnydisaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by trekwebmaster
reply to post by OldCorp

Oh my dear friend, forgive me for being forward, but you make much sense.

This is exactly the message and the purpose of Free Will. Exactly!

You got the nail right on the head.

Bless you dear one!

Now, see, this is the good stuff, right here. All said succinctly and in a neat tidy package and done in four or five paragraphs, not 19 pages of wrangling!

Thank you so much, for expressing the purpose of this thread. Great explanation and I really hope there are more folks out there like you, and people like this, can make a huge difference.

Thank you. I try.

Originally posted by Fatgoblin

For someone who has never met, spoken to or heard from god you sure have him all figured out.

On the contrary, I speak to God every single day; and through His word (and that tiny little voice inside of me,) He speaks to me.

Originally posted by Greensage
reply to post by OldCorp

You are going to make an excellent Grandpa!

I already am, twice over. And you're right, they DO think I'm great! After all, I am the keeper of the ice cream.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bunnydisaster

If only you loved grammar and punctuation as much as god, more people might take you seriously.
I mean REALLY? REALLY?
WWJD? Use Spellcheck, that's what.

edit on 1-6-2011 by bunnydisaster because: (no reason given)

Where is the spell check function?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This sounds like a rationalization of the old question of why an all-loving god would allow such evil and cruelty as we have here on earth.

I myself have found that question to be a major stumbling block in my belief of a benevolent god. This theory sounds hopeful to me, but theories are a dime a dozen and I have no reason to believe this over anything else, aside from the moral dilemma solved.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

You assume too much. "God" could simply be humans higher functioning. We don't really know. I do know that letting go of something and letting the universe, god, higher self, etc take care of it produces good results. So we are in agreement there.

I've learned this lesson through tremendous amounts of pain. I had many friends and family suggesting that I turn all of my worries/problems over to a higher power. I finally did this about 6 years ago and the results have been fantastic. Life long fears fell away and an entire new life has been built on the foundations of trusting in whatever is out there rather than my reason.

Reason is great for math, not so great for getting over fear.

But again, you really have no idea if this is a higher part of human beings, a God, a mechanism in the universe, etc. So please be honest with yourself and just say "I don't know, but it works."

And for you naysayers out there...Make an honest attempt for yourself before calling this BS. Take something that you're worried about and give it to the universe. Don't think about it anymore, it's no longer in your hands. Then, do the right thing in all circumstances no matter how uncomfortable you feel. In the end you may not get what you want, but you will get exactly what you need.

A very small example. A person feels inadequate because they have a POS car. They obsess about getting a new car but can't get one. They decide to ask the universe, higher power, God, etc for a new car. A few days after doing so, their current car breaks down and they don't have the cash to repair it (He wasn't actually asking for a new car. His desire for a new car was based on his desire to feel adequate). Therefore, the universe heard his call to be complete and whole and gave him the opportunity to let go of his perception that he needed a new car to be adequate, to let go of their obsession with the car and accept that they are perfectly OK without one. This has been my experience except for me it was relationships.

No reason to argue with the OP in this thread, you can verify his claims yourself. But be honest with yourself if you do so.

edit on 1-6-2011 by brianmg5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

What ever happened to your ask an astronomer thread? Are you ever gonna release the video?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Every question doesn't have one right answer. What if there was a different answer equally good or better?

Also, what if I see some lady drowning in a river? Is God going to assess the entire situation for me and come up with the best solution on whether or not to try and save her?

My point is, you say we should give up free will, but can't free will be necessary sometimes?
edit on 1-6-2011 by beansanmash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheReturnisNear

OK good questions. Maybe we can finally get through with the planted complainers on the site and move on to critical analysis. You mention the word God and it brings out the most malcontent haters for some reason. If there is no God, why do they bother INSISTING that they have no accountability to this god? Because either they lie in that they do believe in a God but refuse to face this prospect (are in psychological denial) or they lie about insisting to have no accountability. If they truly did not have any accountability then this thread would be meaningless to them, they would not have come here and spent even the time to write a malcontent sentence. If they are here then they lie about not having an interest in the subject since it is not logical to spend ones time where there is no interest. Probably they have an interest but it is suppressed by their conditioning therein creating a love hate relationship with the truth.

Excuse me..but I'm not talking about myself here..I'm speaking on behalf of people all over this world...that feel they have no free will....

and you DARE say..that just because someone mentions GOD..all the malcontent haters come out..

Have you ever thought its because some have looked at the bible,and see it makes no sense..have you ever thought..that the mindset ALONE of most of you so called christians on here..is enough to scare most away from God...if he actually exists..

you blah blah blah on about accountability..and how people won't take accountability for their actions..well take this accountability.....YOU are the reason I don't want to believe in your GOD. Its people like you who have who done more damage for God than they realize, by exercising your free will to totally arrogantly judge others,and to condemn anyone who questions you as "god haters"

You totally kid yourself if you actually think you are 'working" for God, because in reality if a loving just God exists..you are working against him.

And God should to take some accountability too, if He exists..for allowing idiots to preach in His name !!!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Your asking questions about questions and with no answers. All I see here is a ramble from someone with some very harmful thought's about life. I wish the OP the best of luck in his life's journey.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn
reply to post by OldCorp

What ever happened to your ask an astronomer thread? Are you ever gonna release the video?

When it's finished. I'm sorry, but I can't say anything more. I made the mistake of talking about it once; I won't do that again. When it is released, all will become clear. Thank you for your patience.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join