It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The quiet before the storm. Just so you can't say that you werent warned.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brianegan
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

So well put sire i must start this response with an applause for your approach.......You should be comended for a so well respected point of view and mentality for those around you.

First I agree with your questions in the fact of manner that it needs to be asked......

Free will always had great potential but if one desired it over the love of God than one would end up commiting perjury evenatually and forcing themselves to jump out of the saftey net so to speak....

The plan you spoke of has been kept secret well, and for good reason. There was never anything bad involved fromt aht side of things....Plus those names you speak of are just merely various representations of the same being working together for a better day.

Since adam and eve landed here the snake has laways been their curiosity and I appreciate sooooo much your concern for my emotions and I will do my best to offer the same for you.....Please undersatnd that I can not alter the truth for there is only one.........It will end up with the choice i spoke of........Trying to get a bearings on it is the reason all need to learn it soon because getting the understanding first was always the problem

There is no faith or trust in that...........Trust and faith are not supposed to be earn they are supposed to be deserved or betrayed........

Free will has been the addiction of all.....It would have been fine if none challenged the word of god but it wasnt the challenge that mattered. It was the continuation of its use.

Sadly the time has passed for a subtle detox method and so most will need a cold trukey method to get home.....

Only those that give theri free will tog od can know why it never meant slavery and was only meant to be a gesture of faith and trust in Gods sight and advice.........

All who have done this at that very moment know the difference between right and wrong so 98% of the time its perfectly aligned with what good would have already wanted you to be doing.......It is the issue of getting somone to quit the habbit of choosing their own will over Gods and thinking they know better......

Come ye unclothed lest I cloth you........
[color=gold] LOVES YOU ALL******* trnsm sl drn loca- LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA!!! be well.

edit on 6/1/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Thanks! There's been a real lack of people warning me lately.

edit on 1-6-2011 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn
reply to post by TheReturnisNear

Boy who crapped in your corn flakes? There is no God so he's not coming back. And I won't be held accountable for anything. The bible is a book of fiction. Now drink your kool aid and lie down and wait!

OK. I drink gatorade so I have no koolaid on hand. Nor do I eat cornflakes so I have no worries about anyone crapping in them. As for the bible being a book of fiction, you are not looking around. More and more findings by archeologists point to more and more facts that the bible is probably not fiction albeit an incomplete and possibly even changed account of actual events.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Amen

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by gabby2011

There is always free will...only consequences

Ok..so what if the consequences of doing the right thing may hurt others..many have died and left family behind,because they dared try to stop something that was wrong.

The consequences of someones free will also impede anothers free will.

All I was trying to say,was that for many,there is no choice , because if they make the choice that they would choose , the consequences are dire..and that does not seem to be much of a free choice.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
As soon as you mentioned god I stopped reading, and I'm guessing most other readers will as well.

yeah... that's where he lost me too...
ANY time someone tells you that the information you are about to hear is the most important information you will EVER hear... and the next statement has ANYTHING AT ALL to do with god... I roll my eyes and move on...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheReturnisNear

More and more evidence that the bible is "probably" true? Care to elaborate? Because the way I see it, evidence can be manipulated to say what ever you want it to. Now I will agree with you on one thing, the bible is a changed account of acTual events. Actual event- mass flooding due to natural climate cycles. Bibles depiction- god floodeth the land to scour the earth of the vermin! Fricken joke.
edit on 1-6-2011 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Let's define "Free Will," shall we?

free will
n.
1. The ability or discretion to choose; free choice: chose to remain behind of my own free will.
2. The power of making free choices that are unconstrained by external circumstances or by an agency such as fate or divine will.

With this said, Free Will, allows human beings to be able to choose. Simply put, without it, and in the context of this OP, why would we exist or for that matter, why would God exist? To be unable to choose to follow God or believe in a Higher Reality or Existence would not matter, since we wouldn't have decided it for ourselves first.

The main "bone of contention," here now is one where-in human beings, through the exercise of "Free Will," continue to either choose their own "will," or accept and take-up God's yoke of Divine Will. It's really as simple as this.

I highly doubt God would require a monotonous convoluted path to "accept" divine will; and if you find yourself in this situation, perhaps an agency, under direction from God or a Divine Subordinate is testing the ability to choose effectively? Perhaps.

And also perhaps, the intent of this OP, is less than honorable would be an equally valid conclusion.

But in any case, Brian, your preaching to the choir, on this one. And having a very limited way of receiving the message your are conveying, any lack of form or fashion will lessen the impact and make this OP seem as self-serving and being much puffed-up.

I have the distinct idea that the people here that have posted are light-years away from your target audience or are you testing yourself by bouncing things off the wall as we reply?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Brianegan

There is no God so your entire premise fails. Nice try, though.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheReturnisNear

Actually, what you say is illogical. Statistically it is illogical.

Statistically? Alright show me these stats. And it's funny that YOU should accuse me of being illogical.

You don't want to admit that it is a thread that captures your attention.

Err I did admit it. Or should I switch from English to Swahili or some other language you prefer?

So instead of admitting this obvious fact, you make illogical statements about other threads being more cool and then ending and being more simple.

Err where did I mention threads are cooler because they're simpler? The 'cool' threads I was referring to were the ones that actually make sense and stimulate intelligent discussion, unlike the crap you keep spouting.

It is because you are part of a generation of souls that have been dumbed down by the media.

Is that so? Since you're an expert on 'media dumbing down' please tell me what that feels like for a citizen of India (which is where I'm from)

You can't handle the truth so you prefer to make up a non truth (that something else is more cool because it is of less word count and easier to process).

Once again refer to my retort upstairs. And since you apparently know THE TRUTH what exactly are you still doing on ATS? Shouldn't you be doing something more with your time instead of farting about on an internet forum?

But deep down you want to break out of your programming by the media conglomerates but you can't.

Yes please enlighten me about the media conglomerates here in India. I'd REALLY like to hear what you have to say

People in your condition also like to say that political polls (as an example) don't mean anything when, if taken under scientific methods they are quite accurate. You are a candidate for the Rush Limbaugh show where things can be broken down for you with little thought process of your own.

Amazing. From the 2 lines I posted you've figured out that I'm

1) Illogical
2) Dumbed down by the media
3) That you're Jack Nicholson and I'm Tom Cruise
4) I'm programmed by media conglomerates
5) My political stance

Let me try my hand at this.

Going by your nickname/handle I come to the universal and mind boggling conclusion that you're a bonafide nutjob.

Put that in your crack pipe and smoke it

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
OK, I'm gonna take a swipe at this.

I see two questions raised by the OP:

1. Why does God allow suffering.
2. Why is free will so important.

If I'm missing something, please let me know.

There is a lot of suffering in the world. Why would a supposedly loving God allow this to happen?

I believe God is the creator of the human race (and possibly other races as well,) making Him for all intents and purposes our Father, just as I am the father of my children. What does any parent want for their child? To grow. To grow intellectually, to grow emotionally, and eventually to grow a family of their own. In order to grow, we must experience; love, loss, joy, pain... all of these things teach us something.

God is not as concerned as some people would like to think with our day to day lives. I mean let's face it, what are 60-70 years spent as a mortal being here on Earth when you compare it to an afterlife that will last for eternity? Nothing, nada, zip, and zilch. He's concerned with our immortal souls.

So what does God want? I believe He, like any father, wants his children to be happy, to be successful, and to expand His family by having children of their own; children who will pass on His ideals to the next generation. God wants to be a grampa. He wants to look into the faces of His offspring and see Himself reflected in them. This is where free will comes in.

Think for a second about love. Would you be satisfied with the most beautiful woman, or most handsome man, in the world if you had to force that person to be with you? Which would be preferable when it comes to love, someone who wants to be with you or someone you have chained up in the basement? I think for most normal people the answer is obvious.

God doesn't want a bunch of mindless automatons bowing down to worship Him all of the time. Where is the satisfaction in that? You can train monkeys, or dogs, to do that. God wants us to WANT to be with Him. He wants us to WANT to do what is right. He wants us to WANT to be part of His eternal family. That my friends is where free will comes in.

So yeah, in my opinion God has emotions just like any other intelligent being. Actually, it's not just my opinion as you can find examples of God's emotions throughout the Bible. He gets angry, He feels remorse, He is compassionate, He feels love, and like everyone else He wants to be loved for who He is, and not what He can do for us. By allowing our temporary bodies to endure suffering, God is allowing us to grow. Think about how often you tell your own children things like, "Don't touch the stove, it's hot and you'll get burned," or "That kid is no good, if you hang out with him you're just going to get into trouble."

Now think about how often they listen to you.

The only way people learn anything is through first hand experience. You can warn your children about possible dangers until you're blue in the face, but until they experience the consequences of their actions themselves they will never understand what it has taken you a lifetime to learn. God knows this. He has given us plenty of warnings. He even gave us 10 rules to live by, forming a basis for the way he wants His children to grow. God wants the members of His eternal family to reflect His values, just like any other parent.

And then He wants us to pass these values down to the next generation; but that's a whole other discussion for a whole other thread.

I hope that made sense.

edit on 6/1/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I like this idea. It makes since. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I stopped reading when you said you "literally fell off your high horse". I'v get 10 bucks that says you don't even have a horse.

It reminded me of a David Cross bit when he rags on a guy that says "Dude that was so funny, i literally just #@!% my pants!"

I literally lost interest.

Interceptor

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Oh my dear friend, forgive me for being forward, but you make much sense.

This is exactly the message and the purpose of Free Will. Exactly!

You got the nail right on the head.

Bless you dear one!

Now, see, this is the good stuff, right here. All said succinctly and in a neat tidy package and done in four or five paragraphs, not 19 pages of wrangling!

Thank you so much, for expressing the purpose of this thread. Great explanation and I really hope there are more folks out there like you, and people like this, can make a huge difference.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
OK, I'm gonna take a swipe at this.

I see two questions raised by the OP:

1. Why does God allow suffering.
2. Why is free will so important.

If I'm missing something, please let me know.

There is a lot of suffering in the world. Why would a supposedly loving God allow this to happen?

I believe God is the creator of the human race (and possibly other races as well,) making Him for all intents and purposes our Father, just as I am the father of my children. What does any parent want for their child? To grow. To grow intellectually, to grow emotionally, and eventually to grow a family of their own. In order to grow, we must experience; love, loss, joy, pain... all of these things teach us something.

God is not as concerned as some people would like to think with our day to day lives. I mean let's face it, what are 60-70 years spent as a mortal being here on Earth when you compare it to an afterlife that will last for eternity? Nothing, nada, zip, and zilch. He's concerned with our immortal souls.

So what does God want? I believe He, like any father, wants his children to be happy, to be successful, and to expand His family by having children of their own; children who will pass on His ideals to the next generation. God wants to be a grampa. He wants to look into the faces of His offspring and see Himself reflected in them. This is where free will comes in.

Think for a second about love. Would you be satisfied with the most beautiful woman, or most handsome man, in the world if you had to force that person to be with you? Which would be preferable when it comes to love, someone who wants to be with you or someone you have chained up in the basement? I think for most normal people the answer is obvious.

God doesn't want a bunch of mindless automatons bowing down to worship Him all of the time. Where is the satisfaction in that? You can train monkeys, or dogs, to do that. God wants us to WANT to be with Him. He wants us to WANT to do what is right. He wants us to WANT to be part of His eternal family. That my friends is where free will comes in.

So yeah, in my opinion God has emotions just like any other intelligent being. Actually, it's not just my opinion as you can find examples of God's emotions throughout the Bible. He gets angry, He feels remorse, He is compassionate, He feels love, and like everyone else He wants to be loved for who He is, and not what He can do for us. By allowing our temporary bodies to endure suffering, God is allowing us to grow. Think about how often you tell your own children things like, "Don't touch the stove, it's hot and you'll get burned," or "That kid is no good, if you hang out with him you're just going to get into trouble."

Now think about how often they listen to you.

The only way people learn anything is through first hand experience. You can warn your children about possible dangers until you're blue in the face, but until they experience the consequences of their actions themselves they will never understand what it has taken you a lifetime to learn. God knows this. He has given us plenty of warnings. He even gave us 10 rules to live by, forming a basis for the way he wants His children to grow. God wants the members of His eternal family to reflect His values, just like any other parent.

And then He wants us to pass these values down to the next generation; but that's a whole other discussion for a whole other thread.

I hope that made sense.

edit on 6/1/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

For someone who has never met, spoken to or heard from god you sure have him all figured out.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Times the word "God" was used = 42
It get a little redundant after the 10th time...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheInterceptor

You just joined today, eh. Can you please tell a little about your avatar? Is that your child, someone you know? Got a location for that child, for some reason I feel like checking on her/his's well being. I could be reading the dates backwards, as I'm tired, its either june 1st or january 6th, but that is not an avatar I want to see, nor do I want it swept under the table.
edit on 1-6-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

link   
Whew, I made it to the end, having actually read everything posted, including the painfully long OP.

I think a thread summary is in order.

The OP states that we need to consider giving up our freewill, and that we are fallen angels. There is a judgement day coming soon, and we are all running out of time. Brianegan is on a mission, having made many threads here on ATS to get people to think again, and he is quite subtle in his choice of words. He gives the impression that he's not here to spoon feed people,just to have people read his words, and he's not worried about hurting peoples feelings right now, because things will be much worse when we are standing in front of god to be judged. He's sometimes downright rude, but that is his MO. He's actually a kind and caring and concerned individual, and his technique is often to shock people into thinking about what he has to say. Social grace is not his forte, nor does he hesitate to speak his mind. He retired at about 8:34pm for the day, but will be back tomorrow. As all the thread starters in the prophecy forum, he has inside information, and is a bit mum about his "real" identity and reason for his message, however, he has stated he is not Jesus, and that there are 2 others that do all the judging. You are now up to date.

link   

This will be my last post on ATS. Thank you for your thread, I have known for awhile this was the truth and have struggled with free will all my life. The struggle continues my friend, and is very dangerous indeed.I only hope that some day I can give it back, it has brought nothing but pain and misery to my life. I have traveled most of the world and have fought wars on two continents, I have seen enough to know truth from lies, and the only happiness I have ever felt is when my will was surrendered to GOD. I think now I will just kick back and wait to see the pale horse a coming.

The Apache Kid

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Im sorry but I can not agree with your flawed theory. There is only one God and he is Jesus in Human form. Gods name in Heaven is Yahweh. The Orthodox Jews despise him, the Arabs think he was just a prophet but not God. Your theory is severely flawed because they're many gods as they sit in the Divine Council and take orders from the one true God Jesus.

God says to never ever worship anyone but him in the Christian Bible and Torah. Any other religion will not bring you to the one true God. Period.

We are not fallen Angels!!! The fallen Angels are the 200 including Satan who fell from Gods grace for denying Gods orders to watch over us Humans and protect us but never interfere. Satan and his buds got Jealous and did severely interfered with Humanity. The straw that broke the Camels back was the Watchers, the 200 selected Angels deciding that they would have sex with Human women and create the Nephlim.

The Nephlim were soulless Giants who were also cannibals. They ate Humans.

www.michaelsheiser.com...

www.thedivinecouncil.com...

Read these inside and out and you will see your wrong. Sorry but now you know who built the pyramids of Giza, Atlantis, Baalbek and the other ancient megaliths here on earth that could have never built by ancient Humans with no help. The Greek gods of mythology were no Myth, they were the Fallen 200 and they're Nephlim children!!!

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join