It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the best (crashed) ufo pics ever

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Good luck, I looked for it after the special originally aired, and couldn't find much more than message board references to it.... Maybe there's more now...

Nope, don't see it. Good luck in your search though. Try Dogpile instead of Google.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Hi Gazrok.

Most times the real sequence of events can't be verified, however the fact is that the UFO is there. It could be staged, yes...

Propaganda? Perhaps.

However, after considering the amount of evidence out there, I believe this is real stuff. If the KGB or whatever Russian agency had decided to do some serious propaganda they would have promoted more material.

Could you kindly elaborate the reason behind the propaganda staged by the Russians?

Regards.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
If I may interject... I think the footage is real, but of a practice exercise. there is evidence to support the existence of a manual on how to deal with a ufo crash scene and we in the U.S. practice disaster procedures fairly regularly. I wonder if this is what we are seeing in this Russian footage?

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I remember seeing this about 5 years ago and can just hazily recall that there was something in the footage that pointed towards it being staged. I think it was something that didn't fit in with the time period that it was claimed to have happened in. something to do with the vehicle and/or the uniforms and insignia.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
As hasd been mentioned several times, those guys are clearly Russian. They look nothing like the Nazis. Youd be seeing swatikas on thier uniforms, these guys dont have them. Plus, looking at the picture quality, cameras that shot good pics like that were made years after the nazis were destroyed.

The picture looks real, as in the lighting, subject size, ect, but could be real in the sense like a movie, complete with props. It could be a movie, could be false images shot by the KGB. I am not sure, as I have not ever watched the above films and such on TNT and Sci Fi. But if those are real, they are some of the best pictures in existance for UFOs. Too bad there isnt more information about it on blackvault.

Germans made the best cameras in the world. Prior to and during world war 2. Photographers know that Russian cameras are copied from GERMAN (and SWEDISH)ones.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by machinegunjordan

Originally posted by WisdomMaster

Does any of you know more about this "Project ISIS.

try this

forums.armageddononline.org...

Most link that came up, at least with google, were releated to that project isis, which is a battlefield aerial surveillance drone. There doesn't seem to be much regarding the one we were refering to, the 'weirdness in a tomb' one.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I remember seeing this on TV ages ago.
My memory is hazy, but I also remember something on a website speculating that the footage of the "ufo" was real, but that it was actually footage of a missle silo-cover displaced in an accident.

Another idea was that it was the aftermath of a supposed accident in which a giant flywheel got loose.

The footage was then sold when gullible westerners showed up with cash in hand.

These are not my ideas-- I just pass them along.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Could you kindly elaborate the reason behind the propaganda staged by the Russians?

Well, I think I've said enough on what's wrong with the crash site. If we are to accept the experts' comments (on the uniforms, guns equipment, etc.) and other factors, we can agree that these are real soldiers, or at least people in authentic period gear (which isn't impossible).

That said, if the crash site is incorrect, then that means it was staged and by those in the Russian military. So then the question is why stage it? Only three answers come readily to mind.

1. Its a training video. Only problem with this, is that there doesn't seem to be any accompanying info, or titling, etc. to confirm this, nor are there breaks for such titling, emphasis of points, etc. It appears to be documenting an event, not to teach or instruct.

2. Its propaganda. Considering the problems with option 1, this is what makes my conclusion option 2. The Soviets were aware of the crash and retrieval at Roswell....there are even some documents to indicate this. This would explain the documentary style, and as I mentioned, they have been known to make such films in the past, on other paranormal subjects.

3. Its an outright hoax. Considering the effort involved, and the apparent lack of profiting that has occurred since it's release, this seems unlikely. Still more likely than option 1, but not quite as likely as option 2, given the expense of the disc, the correct gear, equipment, vehicles, etc. to make an outright hoax.

Hope this helps?

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
on the historical note:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

whatever that thing is it certainly seems like sverdlosk (sp?) would have been a place many people would have been interested in surveiling.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Did anyone eles see that show about Project Isis? I find it alittle odd that the show has never been on since, and that I cant even find one picture of it on the web anywhere.

That mummy/alien thing was wierd looking

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Lookie lookie, I got a cookie...

alt.tnt.tv...

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 04:40 AM
link   
www.nationalexposer.com...
this may be crap but use the keywords alien/mummy in any search engine and u will find all sorts of stuff about it...this is one link i found interesting...

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Thanks MGJ

I found out alittle more about that Russain dig in Egypt I talked about earlier. It was called 'Project Isis' that claimed that the Soviet KGB had founda possible extraterrestrial in a 'tomb of the visitor' in
the middle east. The program also claimed the existance of
a secret room under this tomb, and that this room was never
opened due to fears among the KGB staffers that this may
by like opening a 'Pandora's Box'.

I remember in the show them opening a tomb and one of the Soldiers started choking and you see them all run out of the tomb. Later they came back in with Gas mask and they found this real wierd looking mummy.

I have been having trouble finding pictures or anything on this program.

I love the ring of this type of story, regardless of whether its real or not

I will say one thing though: I do not believe for one second that they would have left a chamber unopened for fear of opening 'Pandora's Box'.

M.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Ive seen this footage on a show before. It was Alleged UFO crash somewhere in Russia. I forgot what year this was suppose to have happen but I remember them saying that the uniforms and weapons used were right for that time period in Russia.

My 2 cents on the UFO? I'd say it is not real.

I agree with those who think the film originates from the correct era, but think its most likely to be either the 'UFO crash training film' one poster suggested, or a propaganda piece.

I have the DVDs of the show presented by Roger Moore, and was not overly impressed with the film when I watched it. So unimpressed that I couldn't be bothered to watch it again for the sake of refreshing my memory to write this!

It suffered from severe problems: the cameras do not pay enough attention to the star of the situation: the object itself. There is far more attention paid to the soldiers arriving in trucks, and then milling around. Any film maker at the site of a UFO crash would be going in for some close-up scrutiny of ... what? Drum roll... The UFO.

The dirt on the object would indicate it had been buried for some time (I would say at least weeks). I do not know/recall what the claim was (whether the film was supposed to have been shot just after the crash), but the dirt formation is compatible with the training scenario (a prop left in the ground permanently to run drills with), or a short-coming in the staging of a propaganda piece.

U.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Did anyone eles see that show about Project Isis? I find it alittle odd that the show has never been on since, and that I cant even find one picture of it on the web anywhere.

I saw it, but haven't seen jack about a Project Isis elsewhere.... Found some German websites even, on it, but no more info than what was in the special. I'm kind of throwing it out without more to go on....

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The problem is that with all of the government denials and propaganda, you can be looking at authentic photos and still think "Aw, they are probably just fake." So now when stuff really leaks out, there is not much worry about the public's response.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Has anybody acknowledged my post to the video of the crash?

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
My main problem with the pic, is that if this said ship was traveling fast enough to dig itself that far (almost 1/2 the ship) into the ground, then you'd expect more ground damage. (ie: dirt thrown, not just moved a little)

.. and maybe some ship damage.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

I saw it, but haven't seen jack about a Project Isis elsewhere.... Found some German websites even, on it, but no more info than what was in the special. I'm kind of throwing it out without more to go on....

Well its been a long time since I seen it but Ill try to add more info. They stated at the time it was filmed the Russia & Egypt were alot closer then the western countries and it allowed them alot more access to certian sites.

Well they were reported to have found what was called the ''Tomb of the visitor'' This tomb was suppose to be the resting place of a egyption God. The russian soldiers entered the tomb and found a sarcophagus and when they opened it a wierd gas/smoke came out and some of them started to choke and gasp for air. They all ran out of the tomb and came back with gas masks and what was in the sarcophagus was not human looking very weird looking.

Also of interest was that when they opened the tomb some type of signal was sent out. Some Russain scientist figured out how long it would take for the signal to reach the star that the visitor was reported to have come from and how long it would take for a reply, and on that date they recieved some type of message or something that told them a place and a time in egypt. These scientist quite there jobs and kind off became like a cult and went to eygpt to meet these visitors and they all disapeared. There was footage of them all on a bus in egypt and all of a sudden there was a bright light and they were all gone.

Also there was some type of second chamber that even the KGB was afraid to open.

Its been along time since Ive seen it and I only saw it once so sorry if I got any parts wrong

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
YOu all seem so self obsessed at times!

Is it more important that other people see your words of wisdom and see how absolutely amazing you are (even though you are all just re-hashing the same scenario as pointed out be a few members already) or would you actually care to pay attention to what other people have offered and maybe learn something?

A feller, up there, called Ees Why Key or something offered up a link which explains a possible action of this UFO as it crashes. Of course the UFO could have come down a million ways but by the way it is stuck, Keys link shows a probable way it could have come to rest there.

NOt only has he been good enough to add this for us all but he has even reminded us to have a look, as anyone is yet to acknoledge him.

I'll acknowledge you Key man (anyone teach me how to spell acknowledge?). Thanks for that link, it could be the explanation we have been looking for.

p.s. I am not talking about everyone in this thread in my above points. A few of you have made very good, independant points for the good of this discussion and the theory and thoughts on this footage.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join