It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Suspend Fraking/Shale Drilling Yay!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
here is the link...

www.independent.co.uk...

I am sooooooo delighted! It just supports everything I was`ever taught 30 years ago at UNI!!!

Rainbows
jane

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel
here is the link...

www.independent.co.uk...

I am sooooooo delighted! It just supports everything I was`ever taught 30 years ago at UNI!!!

Rainbows
jane

Awesome news! Hopefully it will be permanent.

This line also thinks its awesome news.

st.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I didn't even know we where doing this..
but I am glad they have called a halt to it..

Now if there was a way we could stop the oil extraction in the ancient woods down here on the coast that would be great

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
I didn't even know we where doing this..
but I am glad they have called a halt to it..

Now if there was a way we could stop the oil extraction in the ancient woods down here on the coast that would be great

What oil extraction, which woods??
We're on a roll...tell me tell me!

Rainbows
jane

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

There is oil under the SouthDowns, which they have just started extracting while the Gov gives out more drilling licences, an act that has been described as vandalism, destroying what little ancient woodland we have left.

Oil found in ancient South Downs woodland

An oil company has confirmed it has been successful in drilling for oil in a corner of ancient woodland in West Sussex.

BBC

edit on 1/6/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
YAY is right....Oh wait no it's not, because if this was permanent then energy prices will skyrocket since that is how 90% of the worlds natural gas is drilled. You guys are insane!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
You all do know that there are study after study done on the fracking liquids put into the ground done by people trying to stop fracking and they can't find any ill effects right??? Stopping any kind of drilling for natural resources is an absolutely terrible idea and we complain about prices now!! What do you all think will happen if they banned this kind of stuff?? They say there is enough natural gas in the Marcellus Shale (Northeastern United states) to completely run the entire world on natural gas for over 100 years!! EVERYTHING in the world, and we know everything in the world doesn't run off of natural gas... Think about this stuff and research before banning the idea that this is done for the benefit of citizens....There are no ill effects on water supplies that are within ANY fracking site anywhere at all....They have been trying to stop this for a while now and can't come up with any good reasoning behind it....Sorry to burst people's bubble, I mean no disrespect from this, but I think people need to wake up to the fact that we NEED all the help we can with energy and pricing right now and stopping fracking companies is NOT the answer!!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Which Government agency do you work for then?

Macellus Shale? Oh yes, the one that releases Uranium when fracked

Have a look at one or two of the videos linked here showing gas in the water supplies and then tell me it has no effect.

I think you should crawl back under your stone and await more instructions from your Masters. Your opinion on the safety of fracking is not only incorrect, you have not even bothered to back it up.

edit on 1/6/2011 by PuterMan because: missing words, bad spelling - the usual stuff!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Good those injection site for waste material is not well monitored. But our local media here had a site that you can go to to see what they are putting in to the sites, however it is voluntary for the companies to do so. I'll try to locate the article and the site for you. This is in Texas though not the UK. Here's the article: www.wfaa.com...

and the site: fracfocus.org...
edit on 6/1/1111 by Golithion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

some info prior to the cessation of the blackpool site fracturing activities is included in the above thread.
i suspect the on-site portaloos will be in full flow a week or two from now.
f

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Puterman you are a friend and all but you need to read the articles you posted as your so called "proof".

No I do not work for the government by the way.

Everything in your "proof" refers the possibilites that this came from fracking....
How is that proof??

Because natural gas is in a water supply....Oh I guess since natural gas is underground, along with water THIS could possibly happen without someone fracking in the area....Sorry according to you...NOPE

Telling people you have proof to back up your claim is false when your so called "proof" is nothing but people CLAIMING this happened because of fracking.

The one that went to court was dismissed...HMMMMM wonder why??? Because it didn't have anything to do with the company fracking...possibly
...According to you again....NOPE

Bring some proof to the table instead of telling me to back my opinion up....Do the same yourself...

No disrespect, I love what you have to offer about earthquakes, but I think you need to stay in your comfort zone there buddy...

gomarcellusshale.com...

Read and enjoy!!! Bring proof next time...Not an opinion
edit on 6/1/2011 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by PuterMan

Telling people you have proof to back up your claim is false when your so called "proof" is nothing but people CLAIMING this happened because of fracking.

Well one of those people just happened to be from the British Geological Survey team. He said the events are most likely related. I think a member of the BGS would have a better idea than you, me, or any member of the fracking team. The British Isles doesn't get many quakes, so for this to happen when they start fracking, it says alot.

I cant get my head around why you are trying to defend fracking.

We will all be dead one day, but there will be future generations who have to live amongst the chaos and destruction we cause. Are you saying you don't care about them? All you care about is yourself?

st.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SatoriTheory

Wow you are amazing....THERE IS NO....I REPEAT NO PROOF ON ANY OF THIS!!! NONE....NONE....NONE AT ALL!! HOW ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME FEEL GUILTY OF MY DECISION TO BE ABLE TO AFFORD GAS??? AGAIN....NO PROOF AT ALL....WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THESE CLAIMS FROM???

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

You all do know that there are study after study done on the fracking liquids put into the ground done by people trying to stop fracking and they can't find any ill effects right??? Stopping any kind of drilling for natural resources is an absolutely terrible idea and we complain about prices now!! What do you all think will happen if they banned this kind of stuff?? They say there is enough natural gas in the Marcellus Shale (Northeastern United states) to completely run the entire world on natural gas for over 100 years!! EVERYTHING in the world, and we know everything in the world doesn't run off of natural gas... Think about this stuff and research before banning the idea that this is done for the benefit of citizens....There are no ill effects on water supplies that are within ANY fracking site anywhere at all....They have been trying to stop this for a while now and can't come up with any good reasoning behind it....Sorry to burst people's bubble, I mean no disrespect from this, but I think people need to wake up to the fact that we NEED all the help we can with energy and pricing right now and stopping fracking companies is NOT the answer!!

Let me point you towards the good people of Arkansas and surrounding area
who have had their lives turned upside down ... or should I say, had their lives SHAKEN on a daily basis since they began Fracking. As soon as the fracking was halted, the quakes began to subside.

Just by coincidence the same happened at Blackpool.
Fracking began - we got a small quake. Fracking was halted ... no more quakes.
Fracking starts up again after a few weeks of investigating ... guess what - Another quake.

If you need some light reading to get your facts in order you could look no further than here. If this does not convince you that Fracking is both harmful and dangerous then I feel you will never be persuaded.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Puterman you are a friend and all but you need to read the articles you posted as your so called "proof".

No I do not work for the government by the way.

Now are you sure about that?

Everything in your "proof" refers the possibilites that this came from fracking.... How is that proof??

Actually not so. Let's look at the Uranium one.

But University at Buffalo researchers have now found that that process -- called hydraulic fracturing or "fracking"-- also causes uranium that is naturally trapped inside Marcellus shale to be released, raising additional environmental concerns.

The research will be presented at the annual meeting of the Geological Society of America in Denver on Nov. 2.

This is not referring to any possibilities it is stating the findings as a fact.

Toxic emissions force family to leave home

See below for a list of the chemicals found in Lisa's blood and in her lungs:

Chemicals in blood:

* Ethylbenzene
* m,p-Xylene

Chemicals in lungs:

* Hexane
* Pentane
* Dimethyldecane
* Butane
* etc.

Testing by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) found the identical chemicals emitting from a gas well near Lisa's home.

But more importantly, Lisa may be the first person ever who has a chemical used in hydraulic fracturing in her body.

* hydrochloric acid

UPDATE: In response to comments, the hydrochloric acid was not found in Lisa's gut where low levels of hydrochloric acid are normal. It is in the alveoli of her lungs. It is in the highest level her doctor has ever seen. To understand how this chemical could end up in her lungs read the Community Health Survey Results Pavillion, Wyoming Residents. When you breathe the steam from contaminated water while bathing or washing dishes, the chemicals in the water could end up in your body. "Air is the pathway of most concern" Dr. Theo Colborn.

Not possibilities. Facts. And

EPA: 2 Parker County homes at risk of explosion after gas from 'fracked' well contaminates aquifer

The EPA issued an imminent and substantial endangerment order under the federal Safe Drinking Water Act after tests confirmed methane, benzene and other constituents of natural gas in private drinking-water wells that serve two homes in southern Parker County.

Range Production drilled horizontal gas wells into Parker County, near the two homes, from drilling pads located nearby in Hood County, Railroad Commission records show. The gas wells, water wells and homes are south of Weatherford, just east of the Brazos River and just north of the Hood County line.

According to EPA documents, the homeowners began noticing problems with their water within months of the startup of gas production last year. Tests confirmed gas in the water, and chemical fingerprinting pointed to Range as the source, the EPA said.

Because natural gas is in a water supply....Oh I guess since natural gas is underground, along with water THIS could possibly happen without someone fracking in the area....Sorry according to you...NOPE

I did not say that. You might also like to read up on how these gasses are trapped in geological formations. True there are places where it may naturally seep into aquifers but it is enhanced by and caused by fracking as well.

Now I think the EPA can be believed, don't you. In fact all three of the articles I linked to are provable, verified claims and not as you put it something that people are 'claiming'

The one that went to court was dismissed...HMMMMM wonder why??? Because it didn't have anything to do with the company fracking...possibly...According to you again....NOPE

It would seem that perhaps you did not actually read the articles that I linked to. Want to know why I linked to them? Because I have researched many such claims and these seemed genuine. I have many many more such links where official agencies have confirmed facts. So....

Bring some proof to the table instead of telling me to back my opinion up....Do the same yourself...

Back at you my friend. Your turn.

No disrespect, I love what you have to offer about earthquakes, but I think you need to stay in your comfort zone there buddy...

Thanks for that. I try. I would also point out that my field is not just earthquakes it is geophysics/geology and fracking is covered by that. There are links I could provide that are of geologists stating that pressure injection causes earthquakes. Here is one from the USGS. Fracking and earthquakes are ruptures. Work it out for yourself.

Finally, I have published early this page on underground injection even though it is still being worked on. If you do not understand that spent frac fluid is disposed of underground then you are living in cloud cookoo land. Not only spent frac fluid, but also sewage. In particular read the EPA PDF about Florida.

When I say read them I do mean read them, don't just skim. If you can do that and tell me there is no problem then we will agree to differ and I will be convinced that you have an agenda.

Edit:

Oh and one final bit of bedtime reading for you;

Human-Triggered Earthquakes and Their Impacts on Human Security (PDF)

edit on 1/6/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

Which Government agency do you work for then?

Macellus Shale? Oh yes, the one that releases Uranium when fracked

Have a look at one or two of the videos linked here showing gas in the water supplies and then tell me it has no effect.

I think you should crawl back under your stone and await more instructions from your Masters. Your opinion on the safety of fracking is not only incorrect, you have not even bothered to back it up.

edit on 1/6/2011 by PuterMan because: missing words, bad spelling - the usual stuff!

Thank you PuterMan....I was really lost for words to reply to his obvious ignorance of the whole fracking thing!
thank you, thank you

Have a special big rainbow
jane

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I watched Gasland the documentary months and months back !
I couldn't belive what I was seeing !
I thought 'Jeez I hope they don't start this here !'
About a fortnight later, yep they started and only a few miles up the coast from me !

anyway heres the vid

Peace
edit on 073030p://06America/Chicago01 by ProRipp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

YAY is right....Oh wait no it's not, because if this was permanent then energy prices will skyrocket since that is how 90% of the worlds natural gas is drilled. You guys are insane!!!

We need the free energy patents to be released by the mobsters. We don't need oil, we're being forced to use it as a means of control - oh and enriching the oligarchs even more. The 1-2% of the world who are the oligarchs and the filthy rich already own 98% of the world's wealth, but it's not enough for them, poor souls, they want it all.

Viva la revolucion!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

reply to post by SatoriTheory

Wow you are amazing....THERE IS NO....I REPEAT NO PROOF ON ANY OF THIS!!! NONE....NONE....NONE AT ALL!! HOW ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME FEEL GUILTY OF MY DECISION TO BE ABLE TO AFFORD GAS??? AGAIN....NO PROOF AT ALL....WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THESE CLAIMS FROM???

Well, unlike you, I read the original article that the OP posted. Seems someome didn't read it.

BUSTED MR Dis-info-agento-by-any-chance-?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Its great news, hopefully this will result in a perm ban for the whole UK..

the sooner the better as well in my opinion, end of.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join