It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Paul to Fed: Tell Us Everything, or Else

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+64 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Rep. Paul to Fed: Tell Us Everything, or Else

www.foxbusiness.com

The chairman of the House subcommittee that oversees the Federal Reserve demanded Tuesday that the Fed fully disclose details of billions -- perhaps trillions -- in secret emergency loans it made to almost every major bank in the U.S. and overseas during the financial crisis or face a congressional subpoena for the information.

he wants to know “how much, when, where and why” from Fed officials when they testify about the loans at a subcommittee hearing Wednesday.

The Fed's nearly 100-year
(visit the link for the full news article)

+27 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
As congressman and chairman of the House subcommittee I'm not sure how much powers Ron holds but I do understand he is able to subpoena.

With the amount of things Ron Paul is doing like wanting to Audit Fort Knox, Auditing the Fed, and promoting the end of militarism I really hope that no "accident" will be occuring sometime in the near future.

But this is definately a fairly big step and the Fed not cooperating will only raise more eyebrows which they will not like.

Good Luck Ron & more importantly Good Luck America!

www.foxbusiness.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I have never been a great fan of his. However the way he is taking them on all I can say is way to go. If he is sincere and really wanting to get to the bottom of all of this I believe we should give him all the support we can. Its time to rally together or we will never accomplish anything.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
wow
almost sounds scripted does it not ???

but if real, I suspect Ron will have an accident
very shortly. I don't think the Rothschilds
like Texans making a stink.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
I believe we should give him all the support we can. Its time to rally together or we will never accomplish anything.

See that's the thing, we are the engine that keeps all the corrupt industrial complexes going
If we mass protest, I mean mass like never before, refuse to work in masses and the most non-violent way they will have to do something.

It's up to us more than it is up to Senators, Congressmen or law enforcers, the system is corrupt so we cannot depend on the same system to help us out FROM the system.

It's all about us, of course I doubt that what I am suggesting will happen, at the very least we should all agree that we still do have the power

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
No doubt...

Ive been thinking this for a while now about Ron Paul... Hes a true patriot, but hes getting up there in age, and also seems to be stirring up a hornets nest... but the hornets have to go IMO...

Everything that has a beginning, has an end.
edit on 1-6-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
We'll see if the fed gives in to their demands. If they do it could shake people's trust in the fed, if they stonewall they could end up in legal trouble.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Maybe Ron P just has nothing to lose and is tired of everything that has been going on. It would be interesting to see what would happen should he take the reins, however would we see an improvement or even further chaos?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Thats the good thing about getting older. You either become more of a coward, or become fearless. At that age you start to feel you have nothing to lose. We are the 60's generation. We fought the esablishment then and everything thing they stood for. We have the knowledge the experience. Now we need to get back the fight. Everyone went to sleep for a little while. Then we woke to this mess. I still listen to rock and roll. I love Pretnders by the FOO Fighters. Its time to show that we are not over the hill yet. Its time to get the grit back in our guts. The old rusty armor shined up. ITS OUR TIME TO SHINE WOODSTOCK!!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I can see it now, Ron Paul will be the new George Washington in years to come.

I bet he knows that he has little time left on this planet because of age so he is going #'s to the wall's avid about disclosure, so he will always be remembered.

Here's to Dr Paul. Hope you kick out the fed and every other politician sucking on the teet of the tax payer.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Unfortunately RP is not "in the club." He is an outsider and needs our support. Where are the rest of the cowards up there? We can rally, but we need the independent money, the movers and shakers - Trump, Perot, the RICHISTANI.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

This time just accomplish something

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I do not forsee an accident, it is much easier to frame someone for rape or a paper crime.
I hope Dr. Paul keeps an entourage for his personal safety.
But won't this be grand to audit the fed.
I'll bet none of it makes it to the mainstream media.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Yeah, it sure would be nice to look in the Fed's closet and start unraveling the tangled web they created.

I'm not holding my breath though.

I remember when Bush officials got subpoenaed by Congress and they were instructed to tell them "bite me". What's more is it succeeded and they never were brought up for testimony. The whole matter just went away for all intents and purposes.

Not sure how they would get a pass, perhaps Geithner, Reid, Boehner, or Obama himself would ensure they would get to stay in the shadows.

They are going to do whatever it takes to keep this under wraps because if the truth came out there would be some really serious sh#t hitting the oscillating unit.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSpeech
reply to post by filosophia

Maybe Ron P just has nothing to lose and is tired of everything that has been going on. It would be interesting to see what would happen should he take the reins, however would we see an improvement or even further chaos?

Nothing to lose??? How about another presidential election as per usual.

These loans happened on the Messiah's watch so there are a lot of people in the backgound laughing their tails off as Ron Paul creates his stink. He was nominated to the chair for a purpose, not because he is so well liked by his fellow representatives.
He is just creating political ammunition for others who are higher up on the food chain, he is doing nothing for you or me or any other average american citizen and never will. All the Ron Paul sheeple lap this stuff up for all the wrong reasons.
edit on 1-6-2011 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Remember, Ron Paul has been working toward this move for some time now. If his demands have congressional support, then the Feds are working overtime to cook the books in a way to facilitate a TPTB agenda. A subpoena should show the Fed that it's very relevance is at stake. The value of the dollar is already at stake here.

What if we find out that some of the biggest winners/double-dippers of the financial crisis are actually the IMF and the World Bank? That would surely raise some eyebrows and piss everybody off!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by psychoacoustic1
Remember, Ron Paul has been working toward this move for some time now. If his demands have congressional support, then the Feds are working overtime to cook the books in a way to facilitate a TPTB agenda. A subpoena should show the Fed that it's very relevance is at stake. The value of the dollar is already at stake here.

What if we find out that some of the biggest winners/double-dippers of the financial crisis are actually the IMF and the World Bank? That would surely raise some eyebrows and piss everybody off!

No, it would just make it harder for Obama to get re-elected. That is what this is all about.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
More delusions of a mad man.
Why does Ron Paul always say crazy things?
Even if The Fed tried to explain everything that they do or make loans to, its not like Paul would understand any of it. His grasp of economics is the equivalent of a kid.

Why does he threaten them ?
He really doesnt understand the "bailing out foreign banks" thing either.

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gorgi
His grasp of economics is the equivalent of a kid.

It's funny you always have accusations with ZERO arguments

You never explain what you mean and why you are saying it

I suspect it's because you have no idea what you are saying or why you are saying it
Even a child would know that in order to give a strong argument you should explain yourself, yet you do not
Obviously it's because you barely even hold an opinion

Originally posted by gorgi
Why does he threaten them ?
He really doesnt understand the "bailing out foreign banks" thing either.

Alright, i'll bite
Why don't you explain the bailing out of foreign banks to us?
edit on 1-6-2011 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
but if real, I suspect Ron will have an accident

No he wont.

People have been saying he is going to have an accident since before he was mainstream.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join