It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Hacker Threat Grows as Cyber-Unit Grows: Defector

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

North Korea Hacker Threat Grows as Cyber-Unit Grows: Defector

www.reuters.com

Secretive North Korea is scouring its universities for computer prodigies to send overseas for training as part of a plan to expand its cyber warfare unit, a defector said on Wednesday, underscoring the increased risk of cyber attacks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Pentagon: Cyber Attacks Can Count as Acts of War

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Now we know why the US is working on classifying cyber-attacks as legitimate acts of war that can have military reprecusions.
The question is, who is reacting? The US or N. Korea to the new cyber-war field?

My worry is that if one rogue hacker were to attack the US, (in any country) would that mean the US would launch a military campaign against the entire nation???

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Interesting, first Act of War Pentagon Sets Stage for U.S. to Respond to Computer Sabotage With Military Force now this...

I agree with you, the "cyber war" false flag is imminent. I was thinking about this last night, and i thought of a great weapon for someone to use. Make a virus to "take down" ever bank / online banking service in a country. Blame it on someone, the economy goes to shambles, people freak out, then become the big badasses and take down the "hacker" and the economy is "saved"

join