It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Bush Never Stops Thinking About New Ways To Harm Our Country And Our People

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
"...therefore the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities," Bush replied."

Bush did struggle with this one, as I guess, almost anyone would, but his last sentence pretty much sums up the situation, though I would be willing to bet the the one who asked this question knew full well what the relationship between the myriad Native America tribes and the federal government is and was only trying to make some obscure politcal point, since the relationship between the US and the tribal nations has not changed in many, many years.

I've had pretty extensive experience with a number of tribes and I can tell you from my own experience that even if it took GW a few seconds to compose his thoughts, he gave the best answer anyone could give to a question that was loaded to the gills.

[edit on 04/8/6 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
"AS seen on TV" i managed to catch that speach on TV, I was shocked but then again at least he is honest

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Oh give me a break. Come on people, I mean its not that big of a deal. He is only the person in charge of our country. Its not like its his JOB to make important speeches like that in front of large groups of people and national TV. I mean cut the guy some slack. He has had it rough since elected, first he gets these incoherent ( spell? ) reports about a terrorist attack for example... UBL plans attack on american soil possibly involving aircraft.

abcnews.go.com...

But how can you tell where they are going with that? its just too inaccurate. Then the attaks eventually happen, so now he has to deal with that. However this presents a chance to get even with his old rival Saddam Hussein ( spell? ) for trying to kill his pop's. The trouble is that it wasnt saddam who did it, it was UBL. First he has to go to Afghanistan, make it look like he tryed to get usama ( only after giving him a few months head start ), then think of a way to tie saddam with the terrorists attacks. Then, once Saddam is captured, of course he has to make sure he gets his hands of that precious, precious black gold.

As you can see the man had allot on his plate its easy to see how he could slip up on his speaches only most of the time. Dont you think he deserves some credit?

In all seriousness the slip up in his speech was not really a big deal IMHO. As to your question, whatever leader he would be speaking with would probrably at first be a little stunned, but then realize that its GW he is talking to and realize that this kinda thing happens all the time. Like I said before you sould not be eligible to run for presidency unless you can write your own speeches.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tr33stump
Like I said before you sould not be eligible to run for presidency unless you can write your own speeches.

HA HA - I said the exact same thing earlier! Great minds think alike! Its incredible to me that we've lost our desire to be stunned (in a good way) and awed by the people who lead our country and to simply allow policies to dictate our choices.....I want someone who can prove by themselves that they have ambition and desires

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
There's a big difference between misspeaking and actually "thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people." I think "New Bushism on Defense" would have been a better thread title...

[edit on 8/7/2004 by ThunderCloud]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
so, after read all this, there are some people here trying to tell us that "it is our fault" because we do not have understooded the full meaning of that english phrase, and the context...hummm...interesting....i wonder why in all the majority of countrys in this planet have talked about that in they'r TV news!! maybe all the world is ignorant in english, and just bush is the expert...!

*edited for typos

[edit on 6-8-2004 by kangaxx]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
[edit on 6-8-2004 by dcgolf]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kangaxx
so, after rea all this, there are some people here trying to tell us that "it is our fault" because we do not have understooded the full meaning of that english pharse, and the context...hummm...interesting....i wonder why in all the majority of countrys in this planet have talked about that in they'r TV news!! maybe all the world is ignorant in english, and just bush is the expert...!

I don't know whether to laugh...or to cry...from laughing so hard - lol

Bush is an expert in one thing...and that is in being a loyal son.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal
Yet another stuttering comment from our intelligent leader

Many in the crowd laughed when Bush struggled to answer a question about what tribal sovereignty means for Native American tribes in the 21st century.

"Tribal sovereignty means that; it�s sovereign. I mean, you�re a -- you�ve been given sovereignty, and you�re viewed as a sovereign entity. And therefore the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities," Bush replied.

Yahoo News

He just sounds ignorant to me.

[edit on 6-8-2004 by deeprivergal]

As opposed to "It depends on what your definition of is, is."

President Bill Clinton

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   

There's a big difference between misspeaking and actually "thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people"...

Um ... Sir. Technically speaking, by attacking Iraq for basicly no good reason he has managed to make many powerfull people around the world awfully mad at the US thereby making us an even bigger target to an attack.

Also by going at it alone without consent from NATO he has managed to ailienate us from some of our allies. Who now may not be so willing to come to our aid if this war were to get any worse and we needed their help. Not likly to happen but this is technically speaking.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
it this was an attempt to make bush look bad, well, it was his speechwriters attempting it! It's not that he bungled the words and sounded like an illiterate fool, it was he said something that no presidential candidate WOULD EVER SAY!!! nor the president for that matter. That speech should have gone through a whole mess of people before he got up and said it. all reading over it and looking closely at what it said, and how the dems could use those words against the president....
what came out is really quite rediculous, or horrifying, if you wish to take the literal meaning of them...what did bush get up there, decide his speechwriters had done a bad job and decided to make it up as he went along....I doubt it. then, as someone else pointed out, Kerry slipped and said something very similar to it??
something isn't right!

anyone remember when carter. was elected? he went in to his "breifing" before he was sworn in I think it was....but when he came out, he was so shaken that the media even mentioned it... I don't know, there's something just not right...
this post says nothing about bush personally, or kerry... I just saying that their just is something off with the white house, and the presidents who live inside of it....all the way back to carter. Like, maybe the go in and one of the first things they learn is that they've become puppets of someone else or something?

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
To put some perspective on this, yesterday John Kerry was attempting to bash Bush on his record of employment in the nation. Kerry said that in the past four years, we have had "a negative net loss" of jobs in the US.

So there.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Bring back Ross Perot,, Get A real TEXAN in the whitehouse...hahahaha

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I have an excused for my bad grammar English is not my first language even when I have enough education and I am just a Spanish teacher I think I can express my ideas very well.

Now what is Bushes excused?

And as such, you are given leave. Unfortunately, you seem to be unable to do the same for someone else who makes a simple mistake in grammar, which makes you an unbelievable hypocrite.

As several here have mentioned, EVERYBODY is guilty of mistakes in both the spoken and written language on a daily basis. Unfortunately, the "individual" who started this thread will take every chance to make something out of nothing, making her a hypocrite of monolithic proportions as well.

It's a sad day when all you can come up with is something this trivial....

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Affirmative Reaction
Unfortunately, you seem to be unable to do the same for someone else who makes a simple mistake in grammar

Bush has made a lot more than this simple mistake, almost every time he opens his mouth he puts his foot in it:

dubyaspeak.com...

My favourite still has to be:

"There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, it's probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. It fool me. We can't get fooled again."

It's just a bit of fun

[edit on 7-8-2004 by shanti23]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Kerry:"I will not appoint somebody who's about to undo Roe v. Wade. I've said that before. But that doesn't mean that I wouldn't be prepared to appoint somebody who has a different point of view. I've already voted for people like that. I voted for Judge (Antonin) Scalia."

Question: You talked about the overextension of the troops. Do you think this course is ultimately going to lead to the institution of the draft?

Kerry: I hope not. I would be against that in the current form. I don't think we need it now, particularly if we did the proper diplomacy. The overall effort of the president right now ought to be really to try to find ways to reduce the overexposure, in a sense, of America's commitments. A proper approach to the Korean Peninsula, for instance, should include the deployment of troops, the unresolved issues of the 1950s, and ultimately, hopefully, could result in a reduction of American presence, ultimately.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by shanti23
Bush has made a lot more than this simple mistake, almost every time he opens his mouth he puts his foot in it:

It's just a bit of fun

Right, and no other politician has ever done so. It's not "a bit of fun" when the detractors pick and choose what they will post to make things seem worse than they really are, taking things out of context. I call it "Pulling a Michael Moore-on"...

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   
This was a copple days ago on the news!
I heard something bout it, but didnt pay enough attention...but, i heard them say on TV, that mr.Bush Jr. slipped his tounge...AGAIN...??? WHy? is he just a dumb clown, or does he do it on purpose?

[edit on 19-8-2004 by Italiano]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join