It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Bush Never Stops Thinking About New Ways To Harm Our Country And Our People

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Either debate the merits and implications of Bush's statement as on topic contributions to this thread, or join other threads to debate other things. This would assume, of course, that people seeing nothing of merit in analyzing Bush's statement would want to avoid repeatedly bumping this discussion to the top of the list.

Also, I'm citing no poster in particular as this discussion is ripe with one liners from several people, but if anyone in particular notices they have contributed 6 or more off topic one liners in this one thread alone, I sincerely recommend evaluating your posting style before Moderators are forced to evaluate it for you.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
It's Misses Dawnstar.....
and I'm kind of angry with society also.
But, as a parent of three kids, I can tell you, that until society quits pointing fingers all over the place looking for blame, nothing will be accomplished. as long as the children are pointing fingers at each other and blaming them for the spllied milk and making up excuses why it shouldn't be them to clean it up, well, the milk lays on the floor. I am sorry if I offended anyone. But, the milk is really beginning to stink!!!
Just wish more people would do their part to clean it up!!!

If you watch the news alot, you will see the media have tried to pick scapegoats out for us to blame...
single moms, deadbeat dads, liberals, conservatives, whatever they can think of. the truth that you never hear is that many of the "single moms" that are sucking the taxpayers money aren't single and are working, both are....they just aren't being paid a decent wage. and the deadbeat dads is just another illusions...the truth is, many do pay, and then have to fight the courts trying to straighten out the mess that losey paperwork causes. then, it's usually the employee who gets to take the lose...god only knows where the money goes. it's all a smokescreen, to provide you with someone to blame for the rough times. so you don't look deeper, to see just what is going on. remember Hitler, he had scapegoats too, and horrible things happened to them. I don't want to see such things happen in the US, but they could.
take care,
and sorry again if I offended anyone.

You are right about that instead of blameing people, or spreading hatred we should work together to find a solution.

Only if more people would understand that.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Sorry RANT, will try to stay on topic.

For those who are claiming that everyone misspeaks. Yes, thats true. You misspeak, mistype, mispell. However, the President of the United States should have read, re-read, and read again that speech. He should have known it by heart. A speech like that, and a statement like that is a huge deal. You don't misspeak something like that. I can understand someone misspeaking during a regular conversation, but not a speech made by our President. Yes everyone makes mistakes, but that is a really big mistake.

You can see the video, no confused look on his face, no correction, no stutter no nothing.
Here it is:
www.thesmokinggun.com...

[edit on 6-8-2004 by deeprivergal]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Affirmative Reaction,

What's wrong with my post?????????????

[edit on 5-8-2004 by marg6043]

You are bashing President Bush for what is being touted as a misspoken phrase and bad grammar. Your grammar and syntax leave something to be desired as well. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones....

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Affirmative Reaction,

What's wrong with my post?????????????

[edit on 5-8-2004 by marg6043]

Your post is fine. Don't listen to him.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I heard it last night on the radio and cracked up. The seriousness of the delivery was mostly what made it so funny, and what makes his other tongue bobbers so amusing too. Makes me kinda pine for Dan Quayle, the master.

As far as it being serious... I don't worry so much about him being misunderstood by foreign leaders because I think he's made his position pretty clear with the Iraq situation. However, it does diminish my confidence a bit when faced with a bad speaker, which I've always considered him. He's never seemed very comfortable speaking. A friend of mine, who is a writer and (oddly) a Libertarian who supports Bush pretty well, got very angry with me during 2001 when I said I didn't think Bush was a good speaker. He didn't get my point, which was that it was just my opinion as a person listening to him, not an assessment as an expert of any kind. I think speaking has a lot to do with how a president does, and I just don't think he's had a really good speech since the post 9/11 state of the union, I think it was. And that was probably rehearsed a billion times right down to the facial expressions because it was a crucially important speech.

Reagan... great speaker and had two terms. Bush Sr.... not so good, one term. Clinton... very good speaker, two terms. Bush Jr... not so good. I guess we'll see.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
Using planes was a surprise so now they want to try and be ahead of the game and not behind.

But then, that doesn't help the spin, does it?

Who's spinning at 1000 RPM, Zed?
Planes as bombs were used in rediness drill scenarios on Bush's watch, they were documented since the middle of Clintons 2nd term ( that's how they got worked into the drill rotation) AND we had the NSA breifed FULLY by the Italians prior to a certain little WORLD LEADER get together at the birthplace of pizza....remember?
Nothing is going to cover that willful negligence was in play that precipitated 9/11; and it was all via team Bush.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
CLINTON

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Clinton/Gore are responsible for 911, they had 8 years to deal with it, bush

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by qwzxas
CLINTON

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by donguillermo
I repeat my question in my original post. What happens if Bush mangles a sentence while talking to a foreign leader, and the translator translates it verbatim?

I would imagine there would be a rather bizarre look, a pregnant pause, a request for clarification, clarification, and a continuation of the conversation.

You really are grasping for straws on this one, and it's going to weaken you in the battles where you had a fighting chance...you realize that don't you?

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Originally posted by donguillermo
I repeat my question in my original post. What happens if Bush mangles a sentence while talking to a foreign leader, and the translator translates it verbatim?

I would imagine there would be a rather bizarre look, a pregnant pause, a request for clarification, clarification, and a continuation of the conversation.

You really are grasping for straws on this one, and it's going to weaken you in the battles where you had a fighting chance...you realize that don't you?

I asked a legitimate question. How is that grasping at straws? What is grasping at straws is the attempt by some posters in this thread to spin Bush's verbal gaffe as an accurate and correct statement. Of course, even a White House spokesman has admitted that Bush misspoke.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Well, I wasn't one of them. But I did offer you an answer to your question that is a very logical and probably outcome of the situation you posed. But in viewing that you are an intelligent person, I find it hard to believe you couldn't have come up with that answer yourself. You weren't trying to spin something were you?

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Well, I wasn't one of them. But I did offer you an answer to your question that is a very logical and probably outcome of the situation you posed. But in viewing that you are an intelligent person, I find it hard to believe you couldn't have come up with that answer yourself. You weren't trying to spin something were you?

LOL! Me? Spin something? You know donguillermo would never spin anything. The fact that I am known as the whirling dervish of ATS is completely irrevelant.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   

You are bashing President Bush for what is being touted as a misspoken phrase and bad grammar

Somehow, we just expect more from a graduate of an Ivy League school, hehe... And it isn't like this is a one-time thing. There are enough Bushisms for TWO full 365 day calendars, with a different Bushism for each day!

I'm sorry, but that's insane!

He doesn't just make grammar mistakes, he is a completely inept public speaker, and THIS point is particularly important when you are representing the American public!

Of course, I'm sure many on this board believe this was not a mispoken phrase at all, and was instead a "Freudian slip", hehe....
With all of the ratchetting up of the rhetoric to NK and Iran, I'm starting to think he really IS thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people!

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I think I would rather him win this election, and not get to sit and stool for four years on what to do to america.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Ok, so its a very bad thing when a leader mispeaks. But your overreacting, it was one line it was not like it the entire speech was messed up. People mispeak every day, its not like Bush snuck profanity into it or said something lewd or crude.

If Bush misspoked to a foriegn leader, it would not be good but, the translatoe also would tell Bush what he said wrong and give him a chance to reiterate.

Plus its not like one wrong phrase is the damn smoking gun here people. Proves nothing and shows nothing except for the fact that Bush needs to study his public speaking.

[edit on 8-6-2004 by JediMaster]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Affirmative Reaction

You are bashing President Bush for what is being touted as a misspoken phrase and bad grammar. Your grammar and syntax leave something to be desired as well. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones....

I have an excused for my bad grammar English is not my first language even when I have enough education and I am just a Spanish teacher I think I can express my ideas very well.

Now what is Bushes excused?

He is a Yale graduate

He is the president of this nation

In addition, he still do not know the proper used of the English language.

I have an excused how about him? Littler things like this do not bother me because I am just a littler person, but bush is our leader and he represents the American people.

Thanks Curme for your post.
People stop making fun of my Inglish

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Alright i'll jump in as well. This is simply the President slipping up with words, i'd be no better if I was him. Even if I was a Yale graduate its public speaking, not to your buddies in the classroom but to the entire world! That'd sure make me trip up a few times for sure. This is simply another attempt to make Bush look like a fool (Im not a Bush fan either). A translator would obviously correct bush and let him know, what he said wrong or out of context.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Yet another stuttering comment from our intelligent leader

Many in the crowd laughed when Bush struggled to answer a question about what tribal sovereignty means for Native American tribes in the 21st century.

"Tribal sovereignty means that; it�s sovereign. I mean, you�re a -- you�ve been given sovereignty, and you�re viewed as a sovereign entity. And therefore the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities," Bush replied.

Yahoo News

He just sounds ignorant to me.

[edit on 6-8-2004 by deeprivergal]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join