It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone on here who believes in "over unity" devices...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cupocoffee

The same way I know that a bridge will be strong enough to hold up the cars and trucks that will drive on it, before it's built. Engineering.

en.wikipedia.org...

"Joule thief" is a nickname for a minimalist self-oscillating voltage booster that is small, low-cost, and easy-to-build; typically used for driving light loads. It can use nearly all of the energy in an electric battery, even far below the voltage where other circuits consider the battery fully discharged (or "dead"). Hence the name suggests the notion that the circuit is stealing energy or "Joules" from the source. The term is a pun on the expression "jewel thief", one who steals jewelry and/or gemstones.

The circuit uses the self-oscillating properties of the blocking oscillator, combined with a flyback converter circuit, to form an unregulated voltage boost converter. As with all power conversion technology, no energy is actually created by the circuit. Instead, the output voltage is increased at the expense of higher current draw on the input. As a result, the amount of power entering the circuit is the same as the amount leaving, minus the losses in the conversion process.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

The same way I know that a bridge will be strong enough to hold up the cars and trucks that will drive on it, before it's built. Engineering.

en.wikipedia.org...

"Joule thief" is a nickname for a minimalist self-oscillating voltage booster that is small, low-cost, and easy-to-build; typically used for driving light loads. It can use nearly all of the energy in an electric battery, even far below the voltage where other circuits consider the battery fully discharged (or "dead"). Hence the name suggests the notion that the circuit is stealing energy or "Joules" from the source. The term is a pun on the expression "jewel thief", one who steals jewelry and/or gemstones.

The circuit uses the self-oscillating properties of the blocking oscillator, combined with a flyback converter circuit, to form an unregulated voltage boost converter. As with all power conversion technology, no energy is actually created by the circuit. Instead, the output voltage is increased at the expense of higher current draw on the input. As a result, the amount of power entering the circuit is the same as the amount leaving, minus the losses in the conversion process.

KAAAPPOWWWWW!!!

You need some ice for that Cupocoffee?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
We already have free energy devices used today.. wind, solar, hydro....
And yes I also believe that there are "devices" that produce free energy.

But my point is this, IF we really wanted to have all the clean energy we wanted for free, we
could. Large solar panels in the desert, huge wind farms.... The only reason we dont have these
is political and control.

The question of "If these things exist" is mute, we DO. Its all a game played buy power companies,
politicians and the global economy.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT
reply to post by anumohi

When you're ready, are you intending to open-source your tech?

probably not, the reason is , is i have plans for the technology and don't want the Chinese stealing my concept and flooding the market before i get going, now that's not to say that i wont consider licensing to a few trusted folks that will protect me and my property

I think i better master the art first, Ive been working on various concepts for some time and i know what has to be proven before any other considerations.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
We already have free energy devices used today.. wind, solar, hydro....
And yes I also believe that there are "devices" that produce free energy.

But my point is this, IF we really wanted to have all the clean energy we wanted for free, we
could. Large solar panels in the desert, huge wind farms.... The only reason we dont have these
is political and control.

The question of "If these things exist" is mute, we DO. Its all a game played buy power companies,
politicians and the global economy.

but we need small power generators that we can sell energy to the greedy power company's that cost us nothing to operate and maintain that give us UNLIMITED free energy

then we'll be in control

for now magnetics is the answer because there is nothing else that's permanently energized 24 hours a day 7 days a week and doesn't poison us, although hydro powers pretty good but we don't personally have control over it....greed does

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

John-Over Unity is not perpetual motion. Over unity means you receive more energy out than you put in. The percentage could be very small or very great depending on what or how you are achieving it.
The simple Slam Valve Compressor heat engine can run a generator and produce 1,000 watts or more from the Sun shining on a old used direct T.V. parabolic antenna coated with small one inch mirrors. Look for it yourself, I am not going to spell it out for you- or is this challenge from you to all us turdy neards out here in ATS -land a way to get free information on how to accomplish over unity without putting any work into it yourself. I think your original question was a stimulus to have some else do the work for you. KMG

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by kissmygrits

Over unity is very much about breaking the 2nd law of thermodynamics by having a closed system operating at greater than 100% efficiency. Such a device would be able to power an electrical appliance indefinitely (or in other words, "perpetually") with no external power source. Solar power is not over unity. Steam power is not over unity. I have made this very clear in my OP and subsequent posts throughout this thread.
edit on 14-8-2011 by john_bmth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Wikipedia is your source for information on free energy circuits? Hmm.........

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Brilliant!

When researching free energy circuits and technology, don't go straight to the primary sources of information, the inventors themselves, people like Bedini, or Friedrich, or Lindemann, or Prof Jones, or the people at overunity.com, or energeticforum.com. Don't have any kind of direct dialogue with the primary sources.

What shall be your main source? Wikipedia, the online encyclopedia that anyone can edit!

And always listen to the resident expert who shows up every time to Dissuade and Discourage any actual experimentation.....

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

And always listen to the resident expert who shows up every time to Dissuade and Discourage any actual experimentation.....

Feel free to experiment, just make sure you document the process properly and post all your findings. Don't forget to post how much money you lost chasing a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

I think the majority of level headed people are dissuading people from getting ripped off. Is that so bad?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
I think the majority of level headed people are dissuading people from getting ripped off. Is that so bad?

Fine, so start with a more cheap and simple experiment like the Prof Jones one then.

Or let someone donate the more expensive one.

Or, just do nothing at all, cause "Wikipedia" says so....

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Again, the scope of my OP was very clearly defined. I am not concerned with the words of these "inventors", words are cheap. I trust the scribblings on a toilet wall more than I trust the words of snake oil salesmen. All you have done is push the thread off topic by attempting to place the burden of proof at my feet. If you wish to do that, feel free to start your own thread.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth
All you have done is push the thread off topic by attempting to place the burden of proof at my feet. If you wish to do that, feel free to start your own thread.

No, john_b, it was you that put the burden of proof on me, that much is clear. One need only go back and read your thread again to see.

So, if you are going to put the burden of proof on me, then guess what? I will take over the thread and start organizing free energy experiments.

If you don't want me doing that, then you shouldn't put the burden of proof on me in the first place!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

You are free to organise all the experiments you wish, however I have stated before in this thread that refering myself or anyone else to websites/newsgroups/forums/videos etc serves only to prove me right. The second anyone on here actually demonstrates a working over unity device powering an appliance perpeptually with no external power source I shall be proved wrong. Until then, my position is the valid one, not yours.
edit on 14-8-2011 by john_bmth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

Great, so the entire point of your thread is that no one at ATS has "free energy" yet. And your position is valid.

Well, thanks, but I knew that already. Yes, no one at ATS has "free energy" yet. You're right.

Thanks for the interesting discussion.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
In reference to the previously mentioned 'Joule Thief', here's a small circuit I've used for driving high brightness LEDs from a single cell battery and it works quite well. It's pretty much what you'd find in any solar garden LED lamp (plus a few extra components to facilitate day/night sensing and charging of a single 1.2V NiCd or NiMH cell)

There's nothing magic or over-unity about it, being a simple blocking oscillator (as stated by previous posters) driving a small transformer with the peak output voltage being regulated by the forward voltage drop of the LED (about 3.6V typical) so it's fairly independent of the actual battery voltage as long as it can provide sufficient current to build up the flux in the core. The transformer is a bifilar wound 10 turns of 0.2mm enamelled wire on a tiny ferrite toroid.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

No, john_b, it was you that put the burden of proof on me, that much is clear. One need only go back and read your thread again to see.

Johnb has a logical argument. If there are any free energy devices, show them. The burden of proof lay on the people who say they exist. Show that they exist, or admit they don't. (or that there is nothing to suggest they do).

Great, so the entire point of your thread is that no one at ATS has "free energy" yet. And your position is valid.

Can you show examples of people off ATS that have it. No, because there aren't any. But there are lots of claims that there is.
edit on 14-8-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by cupocoffee

Originally posted by boncho

Fine, so start with a more cheap and simple experiment like the Prof Jones one then.

Or let someone donate the more expensive one.

Or, just do nothing at all, cause "Wikipedia" says so....

EXACTLY

all my experiment regalia consists of VCR heads and neodymium magnets and my imagination along with my GRIZZLY mini mill and lathe

now granted the mill and lathe cost me over a $1000 dollars, i did one job on them outside of my experiments and that paid for the pair, so in essence they were free

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by kissmygrits

The simple Slam Valve Compressor heat engine can run a generator and produce 1,000 watts or more from the Sun shining on a old used direct T.V. parabolic antenna coated with small one inch mirrors. Look for it yourself, I am not going to spell it out for you- or is this challenge from you to all us turdy neards out here in ATS -land a way to get free information on how to accomplish over unity without putting any work into it yourself. I think your original question was a stimulus to have some else do the work for you. KMG

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!
It's believing in crap like this that keeps this perpetual motion/ over unity myth going.

The simple fact is that the sun produces 165 watt per meter(avg) at the Earth. You will never make a device that puts out more than that.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
hey all,

while many of you make a great point, you are overlooking one thing. If one were intelligent to build this device they wouldn't put it all over the internet as to much attention in this situation is a bad thing. Instead one would more than likely keep it to himself and a few close friends and might possibly let it spread that way. So if your not in that group you would never know about it. Now on to the cost, these devices would not be cheap not by a long shot so not only do you have to be in this tight knit group but you also need the extra cash to even build it. Which considerably reduces the rate of spread. so with all that known PM if you want more insight into this.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join