It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Square Rainbow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
On Friday May 27, I saw this odd Square Rainbow in the Southern WI Sky's. Just to let you know these were taken from my Blackberry Phone cam. I know the quality is not great but its what I had on hand. There was not any major clouds in the sky at the time, but the ones that were there were moving across the sky at a fairly good clip, where as the rainbow seemed stationary. My nephew and my mother also witnessed this rainbow. I found it fairly odd. I went camping for the weekend, and there I met another guy who also had snapped a picture of the odd rainbow, he said he took his from about 15 miles SW from where I took mine. Just wanted to get some thoughts on it...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by hope4better

Earthquake's can create those.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by chaakin

As can swamp gas !

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
What does it meeean???

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
When I see these sometimes I think they are areas large amounts of radiation are comming thru the atmosphere..

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
My friend from Alaska calls them sundogs. It's a fairly common event. It's the sun reflecting off moisture particles in the clouds. She said Alaska gets them all the time. I have seen them in earthquake videos though.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This might shed some light on your rainbow:

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Known in the weather world as a circumhorizontal arc ...

The arc isn't a rainbow in the traditional sense—it is caused by light passing through wispy, high-altitude cirrus clouds.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
If I had to alarm I'd say 30 minutes before the Sichuan Earthquake (China, 2008) clouds like yours were seen in the region... Precisely these:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7f729e761d97.jpg[/atsimg]

But the truth is that those are cirrocumulus under the Cloud Iridiscence condition en.wikipedia.org...

A beautiful gift of Nature

edit on 1-6-2011 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ancientmustytext
What does it meeean???

So beautiful!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by hope4better
On Friday May 27, I saw this odd Square Rainbow in the Southern WI Sky's. Just to let you know these were taken from my Blackberry Phone cam. I know the quality is not great but its what I had on hand. There was not any major clouds in the sky at the time, but the ones that were there were moving across the sky at a fairly good clip, where as the rainbow seemed stationary. My nephew and my mother also witnessed this rainbow. I found it fairly odd. I went camping for the weekend, and there I met another guy who also had snapped a picture of the odd rainbow, he said he took his from about 15 miles SW from where I took mine. Just wanted to get some thoughts on it...

Sorry to sound a bit dumb ... but not being from the US, is WI Wisconsin ?
If so this link may be of interest. (or if not, it's still interesting)

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
thats a rectangular rainbow btw.. someone doesn't know geometry

Anyways, cool photo, never seen a rainbow look like that.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
i saw one of those in western new york state last friday afternoon

pretty neat

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
wow thanks for all the info being just above the New Madrid I was kinda freaked out, but since there was no earth quake I figured it must have been just moisture in the air... cool site to see though, and ye WI is Wisconsin

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
found some videos on you tube reguarding this and possible earthquakes, although the earthquake never happened.....

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by hope4better

2010TheCountdown is a member here, I dragged him over a short while ago after viewing some of his other video's

top topics

join