It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artist Threatened With Prison Over Beer Picture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
This ridiculous. Anti laws are just going to far to supposed protect us from the vices of society.

Please let me make my own choices & I'll live with the consquences.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4c3ab546d4fa.jpg[/atsimg]

web.orange.co.uk...

A Polish artist has been warned that he could end up in prison - for painting a supermarket shelf of cans of beer.

Police in Cieszyn seized Michal Oginski's canvas, claiming it breached the country's tough alcohol advertising laws and could encourage young people to take up drinking.

The 25-year-old painter said: "I was told by police that my work corrupts youth and promotes alcoholism. But it's just a painting of some beer cans.

"It's part of a series of paintings depicting supermarket products. I've got others of washing powder and sugar. There's nothing sinister or corrupting about it."

His lawyer Beata Lejman explained: "This is absurd and I've never heard of such a ridiculous law. Are they going to confiscate Rembrandt's pictures which show casks of wine?"

Now officials are waiting for prosecutors to say if Mr Oginski has a case to answer.

Local police chief Kazmierz Plus said: "I don't make up the law - I just uphold it.

"And this painting breaks the Act of Sobriety Upbringing law, which is universally binding."

edit on 1-6-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Welcome to 1984

Second verse, same as the first.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
By these rules, the supermarket shelving the beer should be fined, imprisoned and burned to the ground for supplying the actual "corruption of the youth".

Then the factory should be payed a visit as well.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by PaidDisinfoAgent

ssshhh don't give them ideas.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by PaidDisinfoAgent

If this is the kind of disinfo agent my Tax $ are paying for, then i want more of them ! What a great idea !

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
We have the same "no alcohol advertisement" laws here in Norway but at least we have the sense to differentiate between actual advertisement and private paintings!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Vampiri

In Oz alcohol ads are ok, but tobacco ads are banned.

top topics

join