It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else noticing people completely cracking at the core?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Before I get to the point, I posted a thread near the start of this year about my own personal experiences when it comes to expression towards others. I have linked this below just to give a small background as to where I am coming from here as I feel it would be a bit pointless to add paragraphs of background and would prefer to get straight to the point of this thread.

Expression towards other people

Assuming that people have a skim of the other opening post the feeling that I have described where I cannot share a viewpoint still persists.

Over the last month or two I have noticed that one by one, almost every person I know and know of has began to break down (for what of a better way of putting it). Be it in the form of money issues, people falling out over wedding plans, divorces, cheating partners, depression, drug issues, alcohol dependance, fighting with other people etc.

This list just gets ridiculously long when I list it, hence why I am cutting it a bit short.

I was not intending to make this sort of personal but to get it to come across correctly it sort of needs to be but lately, I find myself simply wanting to slap these people and tell them to get a grip of themselves, sort of like this...

(but serious)

Obviously I am a bit sarcastic here and I would not slap anyone but the thought does cross my mind

It just seems that there is so much more to this life than all this madness of fighting, arguing, worrying and wrecking everything around you including yourself. In other words, the people I see around me that I know and know of are starting to reflect the insanity that surrounds the world in the bigger sense.

So I would like to ask anyone that reads this, are you seeing this happen in your area or are you one of the people that is cracking up?

Id also like a few thoughts on it too in terms of the why's from either side too?

Obviously things are tough these days, but I think in times that are tough people should stick together rather than lash out at everything and ultimately ruin their own lives.

I also think I should make it clear that I am referring to people who do not have such bad circumstances but tend to think that they do, ie, can afford food, mortgage payments but cannot afford the latest TV or other things that are luxuries. I just do not want to give the impression that I am criticising anyone that is suffering from serious hardship through no fault of their own.

Cheers!

edit on 1-6-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Hello XXXN30!

Yes, with you all the way on that. I have had a bad breakdown in my life and I see so many around me not being quite able to cope with all that is being thrown at them.

The world has become a very complicated place, for no other reason than human beings have made it so! If we have made it so bad, we certainly could make it good!

It is not the fault of the people, it is the fault of those who lead them. We all here know the reason why; for power, control and exploitation on every level - the master and the slave, the wolves and the sheep.

It has always been so, from the days of the Roman Empire that slaughtered anyone who would not bend the knee to Ceaser to the social injustices and corruption that we have today.

Shall I tell you my biggest concern; that things are going to degenerate to such a point, that the masses will become so under the thumb and desensitised, that the former horrors of civilian slaughter will again take place.

It is a world of people and people must decide individually and as a whole what kind of an existence they want.

I have fought my corner and will continue to fight my corner. So sad that I have to FIGHT just to live!

Thankls for your post and social observation. Take good care, Amigo!
edit on 1-6-2011 by Revolution9 because: spelling error

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Life is tough, you do need to take some sucker punches at times too but if you keep your chin up and move its still possible to get where you want to go I believe.

I just find myself listening to people these days that come across as staring at their own two feet as they walk on with life, completely oblivious too the fact that there is no need for half the chaos they bring on themselves and others.

There is not much there in terms of thought, its all impulse actions and think about the consequences later.

Life is almost becoming like some bad soap opera if that makes sense. All stupid, meaningless chaos and everyone is saturated in it.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
In my country since the fall of Yugoslavia its hard to live a really normal life. Poverty is the main problem. Poverty changes the consciousness of people. They get more agressive, there is no much tolerance, corruption rules the system etc. That is going on for the last 20 years here. Because balkan mentality is connected with much drinking singing and having fun the situation was balanced very often. Youre having a bad day? go to a restaurant meet some local faces and youll forget everything till the next day. But two years ago things started to get rapidly worse. People feel abandoned, repressed, depressed, theres a massive cheating going on, no moral at all ! I thought that the situation was normal because of the 20 year transition but few months ago I have realised that the situation is GLOBAL. So I agree with you OP. I think the end is near a change in consciousness is needed. People feel that and manifest it through throwing away the moral.
Peace

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Shall I tell you my biggest concern; that things are going to degenerate to such a point, that the masses will become so under the thumb and desensitised, that the former horrors of civilian slaughter will again take place.

I think this is already started to happen.
just take a look @ the past decades events alone

And to the OP I think what you speak of
is an awareness creeping in ....
As humans you look around and wonder

I also think I should make it clear that I am referring to people who do not have such bad circumstances but tend to think that they do, ie, can afford food, mortgage payments but cannot afford the latest TV or other things that are luxuries. I just do not want to give the impression that I am criticising anyone that is suffering from serious hardship through no fault of their own.

does any of the above Quote
sound like anything the Human Existence was designed for

its the Awareness, the Gut feeling if you will ...
that as a race of Human beings we missed the boat

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

I don't think that as a whole race we missed the boat as such, I just see a lot of people silly enough to jump off it or swim away from it on impulse feelings and when I say boat, im not talking about one that floats on gravy either if you get me

Its interesting, if decisions do actually shape who we are, what does doing nothing but wreck everything around you do?

I agree with your comment about the state of the way we exist.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
star for you just for the video, lmao made me laugh.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by anonymous1
star for you just for the video, lmao made me laugh.

Nothing wrong with a good belly laugh.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

lol, I had seen that video before
but not until now had I noticed
that women in line holding the revolver
looks like Janet Napolitano, head of DHS.
Look at it again to see if u find the similarity.

oh well, back on topic

I know exactly what you mean.

I think we are looking at the moral breakdown
of society. You have to ask right here:

What are they spraying ???

hint, hint

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
reply to post by XXXN3O

What are they spraying ???

Whatever it is, it sure does stink!

I presume you are coming at this from the chemtrail angle?

While you may well be right and I am aware that there are serious questions to be answered in that area, why am I not tearing everything apart like others around me are then? I do breath in air that is nearby too a lot of the people I am describing?

If that is not the angle your coming from, let me know.

The short clip is from the movie "Airplane", its a good laugh.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The Boat I speak of
is that of evolution and enlightenment

Now sure people are going to argue
that the human species has achieved both

with this I agree
& disagree

we have evolved only a small fraction of our potential
and as far as enlightenment goes ...even a blind man can see the sun....

mortgage payments, flat screen TV's@ the B&B, McMansions, and Jersey this & that ...
the list runs forever ....
complicating Our minds ..... clouding it from its true intentions

there is No boat or train made of gravy
only the Au Jus from Moms thanks giving dinner

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I love both of these threads of yours. I didn't see the other one or I would probably have responded. It's like when I'm reading your words, I know what you're getting at almost immediately. So I don't know if you're just expressing yourself really well, or if we both are having a very similar experience, but I will try to give a coherent input here.

Originally posted by XXXN3O
So I would like to ask anyone that reads this, are you seeing this happen in your area or are you one of the people that is cracking up?

I don't talk to many people face-to-face simply because I live in a rural area, don't work outside the home, and lately, I find I'm not at all that interested in forming or maintaining relationships with the people I do meet on rare occasion. Most of my real-life conversations focus on trivial or inconsequential matters.

My husband and I have a close-knit circle of friends that we see, but really no casual acquaintances anymore. We only have one couple that we feel we can talk completely freely with... The reason? They agree with us on everything.

And that's where I see the crux of this issue.

People don't know how to DISAGREE and maintain respect, admiration and friendship anymore. It seems that lately, if two people disagree, they become suspicious and contentious and almost antagonistic with each other. As if simple disagreement on an issue causes a separation. I feel it all the time. Someone finds out my views on religion, politics, conspiracy or just about anything, and I can almost FEEL the distance increasing. As if disagreement itself creates division... I really don't like it, so I keep my thoughts private a lot of the time (except with our very small circle and of course online
).

When did it become necessary for everyone around us to approve of our thoughts and opinions on issues? I don't feel the need or desire to spill my thoughts out for people's approval or disapproval. I do it here on ATS and perhaps that's why I don't need to elsewhere.

Interestingly, I don't miss having a lot of friends. To me, it's not worth the work it takes to make sure not to say something that I'll regret or that someone will find offensive.

It's like in this day and age, if you believe in one thing and someone else doesn't, it's seen as an issue that must be resolved as one of us is obviously wrong, because there is only one acceptable "right" opinion... Does that make sense? It's like we are all so insecure in our beliefs that we can't stand someone disagreeing with us.

Here on ATS, if someone disagrees, they are attacked personally. People RARELY talk about the ISSUE or topic of the thread. It starts out well, but after a few posts, the attacks begin. WTF is that about??? I don't know. But yeah, people are cracking up. And it seems to me that I'm maintaining a fairly level head. I mean, I don't care of someone has a different opinion than I do. It's not for me to approve or disapprove of people's opinions. I don't really care as they don't affect me in any way. What I care about are the people themselves, not whether they support all the same things I do.

Sorry to ramble on here, but as you can see, I have a hard time articulating my thoughts on this.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
nope. I'm 36 and if anything it business as usual. Lady Gaga (Madonna), Black Pres/ Clinton

it's easy to think there is "change" if you are young, or worse, old and bored/looking for excitement online.

to me, it's to quote David Byrne "same as it ever was"

deal with that reality

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
In the US here, the unemployment keeps rising, the cost of gas and food keep rising, the cost of utilities keep rising, yet every day at some point, I keep hearing some shill on the MSM say, "the economy is slowly improving,...." The President keeps installing more and more and more surreal draconian measures against average citizens, then I hear or read an MSM shill say, "More than half polled recently, approve of the way the President is doing his job......." Just NOW, not a few days ago, I heard an MSM person on my radio, decide to broach wanting to speak with callers about the recent admission that cell phones, yes, do indeed, cause braincancer. This morning, I looked out my window, to a sky full of giant giant long long tic-tac-to chemtrails, yet, I go to ANYone's chemtrail thread here on ATS, and it becomes weighted heavy with these debunking challenging insulting deniers, even though theres about 20 different photos and videos of stuff THAT I KNOW I USED TO NOT SEE. But someone much younger than me is trying to push that I (or any other QUESTIONING witness) don't know what I'm seeing and thinking and talking about and remembering.

IT'S MADDENING AND FRUSTRATING, HOW MUCH CAN A WEAK FLAWED HUMAN TAKE???

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
its funny that you mention this

because i have noticed lately more people being sort of "off the rocker" so to speak

for example more people on the public transit who either are dressed ridiculous, look depressed as hell, are obviously homeless and smell of alcohol and im noticing a large increase in the number of people whom randomly talk to themselves out loud in public (yes i am checking if they have a blue tooth, a lot of them are in the subway anyways so...)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Maybe it always happened you just didn't notice before. Some people don't register social cues very well so maybe you're one of them but you had an awakening. So you're just now starting to see it. Or maybe you're just going through a cycle. The ups and downs of life. You just have to keep your head up. Another potential is that you're feeling inner turmoil and this confusion is bleeding into the world around you, making you perceive it differently. So, you talk about others cracking up, but in reality you're projecting your own panic onto others because you're in denial about your own panic. And I'm sure there're other possibilities, some good some bad.
edit on 1-6-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Am I noticing more "cracking up"?

That's relative.
Because I don't pay attention to society.
I honestly think there's too many idiots and not enough awakened.

But then again, if people would just shut off the information overloaded bombardment they get from being zombiefied because of staring at an iPhone, TV, or Xbox, they'd be better off.

There's an increase in dramatic footage all over the television, because the execs know that people are dumb enough to soak it all in. That in itself will cause people to crack.

Garbage in, garbage out.

I truly blame the state of things today on media.
Because if you take yourself out of the situation, calmness immerses you almost immediately.

If I was a paid scientist, I'd prove this theory.

And I bet if people just give up the garbage they are blatantly addicted to, it would be proof.

Internet included.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
Am I noticing more "cracking up"?

That's relative.
Because I don't pay attention to society.
I honestly think there's too many idiots and not enough awakened.

But then again, if people would just shut off the information overloaded bombardment they get from being zombiefied because of staring at an iPhone, TV, or Xbox, they'd be better off.

There's an increase in dramatic footage all over the television, because the execs know that people are dumb enough to soak it all in. That in itself will cause people to crack.

Garbage in, garbage out.

I truly blame the state of things today on media.
Because if you take yourself out of the situation, calmness immerses you almost immediately.

If I was a paid scientist, I'd prove this theory.

And I bet if people just give up the garbage they are blatantly addicted to, it would be proof.

Internet included.

I'd include ATS. It's a cesspool of panic and despair and paranoia.

But I have to agree. The more I read news and go to these sites, the more I get stressed. Ultimately, I can't even handle my own problems. I make a lot of bad choices. Knowing about the worlds problems in addition to my own just makes me feel hopeless and unable and broken. It's like piling all the information of the world onto a 10 year old that isn't prepared for it. Or giving a 10 year old too much work that they can't finish. I think that it's information overload. The need to know just isn't there yet people desire to know to a fault. It's information addiction.

We're addicted to sensational news and that WHY question (It's the question that drives us, Neo. It's the question that brought you here. You know the question, just as I did.) But in order to live in this world we have to first get our own lives in order. If you can't get your life straight FIRST then you don't deserve and nor can you handle the information that's out there. IMHO.

If you want to know who has hte answers, then look at people who have their lives in order. But if you want the privledge of having that information and understanding it then you must first get your own life in order. There're no shortcuts. God is a marble jar. X marbles fit inside it. Everything is accounted for. Everything is conserved. Everything is earned.

Yes I am a bitter person. A long line of failures brought about by bad choices. Don't be a fool like I was. Don't throw your life away. Your life is all you have. And it's lost easily. Time slips away like it's cheap. Don't waste time on these sites. Don't waste time in idle thought. Be real. Build up yourself. Help others. Make the children happy. If there is wisdom, it's on the other side of death. We waste so much time with those kinds of things. What matters is what we DO.

I'm saying this as much to yoU as I am to mE.
edit on 1-6-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Yeah, we should tune everything out, even though a bunch of malignant creeping eugenist corrupt evil machinations are changing everyones quality of life. It don't feeeelllll goooood (aghhhhh) because we need to feeeeel gooooood (aghhhhh) and anyone who challenges that doesn't feeeellll goooooood (aghhhhhhh thats the spot)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I agree with a lot of what you have said and share some similarities too.

Ive noticed that a lot of people have developed a preconceived perception about what your own perception of them (bit of a mouthful) is going to be about their opinions/mistakes/choices that they make and in turn they make more mistakes or take offence towards you even before they tell you things.
This might be a strange analogy to make but it is like a dog or cat taking a dump and covering it with dirt or litter to cover it up, in other words people seem to be cracking up and making mistakes then covering mistakes with more mess. The outcome is that a lot of people end up being dragged into problems etc.

Its hard to put it across but a lot of the time when people speak to me about problems or viewpoints I do not judge them but they already act as if I have or even divert their problems towards you in a sense that they involve other people that you know and so on.

Its quite a hard thing to put into words as you say.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join