It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Religion Supports a One World Government? (Buddhism does not).

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

The New Testament is probably the most anti government literature I have read about ancient times

But that doesn't make it any less morally or ethically abhorrent.

Hellfire is introduced for the first time in the New Testament. Do you believe in ALL of the New Testament

If you don't believe in goverment as a good thing; try anarchy. Good luck with roads and healthcare.

Anarchy isn't the same as anti-goverment protest. Republicans and Democratics can still get together to protest the current goverment.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

The New Testament is probably the most anti government literature I have read about ancient times

But that doesn't make it any less morally or ethically abhorrent.

Hellfire is introduced for the first time in the New Testament. Do you believe in ALL of the New Testament

If you don't believe in goverment as a good thing; try anarchy. Good luck with roads and healthcare.

Anarchy isn't the same as anti-goverment protest. Republicans and Democratics can still get together to protest the current goverment.

Life isn't as black and white. There is always gray.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Who said it was black and white?

I'm not promoting dualism or polar opposites.

Atheism doesn't have to be black or white, it's skeptical disbelief, most Atheists are open minded, if you can prove the Christian God, most atheists would happily renounce their atheism based on the evidence. That would take more extraorindary evidence than just proving a God alone.

It's an open-minded position.

Atheism can be a positive belief though. I don't believe "GOD" sends floods or volcanoes, I don't believe God intervenes in geological activity"

I'd safely say THAT PARTICULAR God doesn't exist, despite how much the Christian may inferr to such a being.
edit on 11/6/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Ah, this thread is back.

I am the OP of this thread, and I admitted a few pages back that Buddhism is for a one world government, just like all other religions, and I'll tell you why.

The historical Buddha did achieve enlightenment and had a long following. However, through the years, his teachings that were designed to reach the absolute ("God", but called Brahman, absolute reality), became twisted and convoluted until it was a secular morality of rules (like Christianity). Selflessness was the key, which is 180 degrees OPPOSITE to what Gotama Siddhartha taught. The historical Buddha was no different from an Upanishadic sage who taught the eternity of the Self. This has been altercated to mean Selflessness.

It is well known that King Asoka erected a pillar to Buddhism, so obvioulsy Buddhism in its secular form can achieve government structure. China is typically considered atheistic, which again is what secular Buddhism has turned into. And China is on the verge of becoming a dominant nation, thanks to Buddhism in part because of its Christian-like hold on the people.

So yes, I was wrong, even Buddhism is subject to a one world government craze.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
What I am trying to say is that I disbelieve that all religions support a One world government. Christianity prepares you for one, although I do believe in a divine monarchy.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
This one does...

Baha'i Faith

It's their goal to start...

Stated goal: Bahá’ís reside in more than 100,000 localities around the world, an expansion that reflects their dedication to the ideal of world citizenship.
edit on 6/1/2011 by theindependentjournal because: To add their statement from their page...

Nailed it on page one. But only one star, plus another from me? Hmmm.

Well, the world isn't quite ready for the truth, as this thread proves.

Glad that at least some progress seems to have been made regarding Buddhism. Of course most Buddhists will line up behind one world government.

But BEFORE there will be one world government, there might actually be one world religion. Probably, world government, and world religion, will work / "evolve" together, the one hand washing the other.

Baha'i has been created specifically to serve humanity as one world religion. True, it still flies under the radar, but it is possibly the world's fastest growing religion, and the second most widespread across the globe. And this after only a mere 150 years on the scene.

So, after saying this, I would want to clarify a bit further. Technically speaking, Baha'i will play the part of the world "slave religion". Perhaps 95% of humanity will come to truly believe it, if our masters have their way. Once it is accepted, it will be almost impossible to escape, with future generations condemned to a slavery that begins in their minds and hearts, so convenient for our masters.

The other 5% will contain Jews, atheists, and those that practice the Elite Religion.

Jews will be forced back underground, after a culling, but the small remainder tolerated (for wise purposes). Atheists will also have to be careful with anything too public, but will be accepted by the Elite as a necessary evil. The Elite will continue to practice their religion as they have always done, in private for the most part, although once the 95% are in chains, the ugly side can come out more.

The "good news" is that Christians, and Muslims, and Buddhists, Hindus and New Agers, and even many Jews, will come to voluntarily accept the new religion, perhaps without much bloodshed.

The alternative is that there will be a LOT of bloodshed, and an "(anti) christ / messiah / mahdi / (your choice)" figure will be introduced, there will be world war, etc. The new religion will simply pick up the much more manageable pieces after the mayhem. Either way, the job will get done.

A lot more to this, but the plans have been in the works for a long time now. It's possible our grandchildren will be mostly Baha'i, and they'll probably be proud of it too.

JR

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join