It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A camping trip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Wow I love this site and have been viewing it for a while.

I don’t have anything to offer story wise apart from one crazy experience a few years ago. Seeing as its my first post I will let it out.

Some years ago I was on a camping trip with some work friends/colleagues in the UK. It was a business trip organized by a company we worked for that had us working as door-to-door salesmen. You know the type we were full of it, knocking doors selling insurance and the hope of a better life. The trip was somewhere in the middle of the mountains in Wales, I cant remember the name now, they are pretty hard to remember.

Anyway I digress, the trip was organized for us to bond better as a team by the jackass manager we had .. lets just call him Keith for the sake of the story. Keith decided that we what we all needed in the sales group was a hiking trip in the rain to sell our crap better. Anyway a few of us had enough of Keith and decided to leave the rest of the group alone. This annoyed him as he had some kind of problem with people leaving the group. When we met up with him he told us had to go it alone for the rest of the trip by ourselves. He was the pissy type we all come across some time.

Well we got lost and ended up camping in some woods nearby. When it got dark though and I was setting the fire one the guys noticed in in the distance a light hovering weirdly for around 10 minutes. I thought nothing of it as I had read somewhere that the international space station passes by and with it being dark i put two and two together.

The next day when we met with the group again and Keith was not as annoyed to see us as we thought he would be. In fact he looked really nervous and eventually one of the guys in his group said that he had told them he saw "angels" walking in the woods. In fact he reckoned one of them spoke to him. To be fair Keith is a bit of religious nut in the Ned Flanders kind of way and also liked his wine. Keith never said anything again about the incident and soon after left his job, he acted weirdly for the last few days there. Last I heard he was preaching the end was coming with some religious cult or something like that. I always though that was a bit of wierd one but you know I try to be skeptical and think its the ISS above and my manager was a fruit cake.

Anyway not the best of stories but I am looking forward to joining in.

edit on 1-6-2011 by monarchyadman because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-6-2011 by monarchyadman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Hi,

I was interested in this - how did he act weirdly? Did he ever say what the "angels" had said to him? Was he prone to this sort of thing?

Alfie

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Kinda relate to your tale OP, Your ex boss said "angels" well it has been said angels is and old mistranslated word for aliens.. to follow on immaculate conception equals artificial insemination, the resurrection, rejuvenation etc etc, maybe your ex boss is not that much of a fruitcake as it seems.. IMHO.. as for the ISS, three wise men following a bright star ??

Ill leave it up to you, And welcome to ATS......

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by KhanGhoul

He always was a bit of funny one. He always had his bible in his bag and was reading it on breaks, occasionaly he would tell us that he had prayer groups to attend instead of doing overtime. As for these angels, he would never say what they said to anyone. Well one guy I knew who was an old sergeant major type with giving orders and prone to speaking rubbish told me that Keith told him that they didnt speak english. A bit of me wants to believe this.

As for the angels and aliens links I watched a documentary on the history channel that made me think that as well. I cant for the life of me see my old boss thinking that, he thought we were the only life in the universe. Who knows maybe that shook his faith...I cant really say.

new topics

top topics

join