It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Left’s Endless Smears Against Ayn Rand

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

I believe that the most vilified, smeared, defamed personality of the past century is none other than Ayn Rand. This bestselling Russian-born American author and philosopher is utterly hated by the Left because of her unassailable arguments against altruism, self-sacrifice, mysticism, communism, and all forms of totalitarian ideologies. Ayn Rand was an uncompromising advocate of reason, individualism, and free market capitalism.

There’s only one admirable attribute of the left, and it is their ability to concoct very creative, emotional and sensational propaganda and lies to deceive the gullible and the non-critical thinker. Evidence or proof is not important to these half-wit creatures. To them, facts are negligible for the simple reason that reality is their number one enemy. When the left fabricate and publicize propaganda and smear campaigns, expect to see and hear emotional information and creatively packaged materials that appeal to emotion and people’s gullibility.

ad hominem attack is one of the best weapons of the left, while their defense mechanism consists of context-dropping, misrepresentation and strawman arguments. Take for example their current smear campaign against Ayn Rand. Since they cannot properly and intellectually refute Ayn Rand’s views without resorting to context-dropping, misrepresentation and strawman arguments, the left employ logical fallacies to smear her person and reputation.

The following are just some of the recently discovered ad hominem attacks being used by the totalitarian left against Ayn Rand:

Ayn Rand and her philosophy of Objectivism is a cult;
Ayn Rand promotes fascism;
Ayn Rand promotes corporatism;
Ayn Rand was a fan of a child serial killer named William Hickman;
Ayn Rand lived on welfare while advocating against it;
Ayn Rand was a sociopath and psychopath;
Ayn Rand and Alan Greenspan and the Illuminati plot to rule the world;

fvdb.wordpress.com...
edit on 1-6-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

Leftist lie number 1 about Ayn Rand:

Her and Alan Greenspan are close friends, which must mean she is an international banker, despite the fact that her philosophy is focused on a separation of state and economy, which is the exact opposite of what a central bank does.

Leftist lie number 2:

Ayn Rand is a survival of the fittest, hater of the poor. Ayn Rand has nothing to do with the theory of evolution and everything to do with man using his rationality for his own happiness. The poor are not necessarily bad, it's the mindless that try and leech off of the productive members of society that are bad.

Leftist lie number 3:

Ayn Rand's characters are based off of serial killers, despite her characters not murdering anyone or even using violence in her books. One is an architect, the other is a factory worker, none are serial killers.

Leftist lie number 4:

Ayn Rand caused the 2008 economic recession because of her laissez-faire capitalism. If there was any writer who caused the 2008 economic recession it would be Keynes. Government bail outs are not laissez-faire capitalism, it is actually the exact opposite.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia
[more

Negating altruism is not "unassailable." Extremism of any sort leads to imbalance. Free-market capitalism without controls/safeguards against those who would ruin others just so they can have more is extreme. Ayn Rand disparaged others; that's sad. When you can't see the value in another's humanity except to exploit it you are part of the problem. It's time to heal the world not enslave it. Ayn Rand doesn't speak for me. Besides, she was a poser.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
In the same way that Hitler used the Jews as scapegoats for all the world's problems, the left uses Ayn Rand as a scapegoat for all the world's problems, blaming her on the 2008 economic recession, and the fact that the world is in a dire situation because it's all the "capitalists" fault, so the solution is to have the government monopoly destroy the capitalists and institute fascist control, which would lead to destruction of the world. Aren't Liberals funny?

The phenomenon of the left's vilification of Ayn Rand is rather remarkable. It's interesting to take the mainstream psychological evaluation of conspiracy theorists and apply this to those who hate Ayn Rand with a passion.

They feel wronged by the world, and rather than thinking things through analytically, and even attaching some self-blame, they instead try and find a scapegoat, much like Hitler used the Jews as scapegoats. In this case, it is Ayn Rand. Like Hitler, they see her as a fascist, a wealthy industrialist who enjoys nothing more than sipping Brandy while the unmentionables of society burn in their gas chambers. The individual sees in Ayn Rand the collection of everything that is wrong with the world, and thus this serves as a justification for totalitarian control, the exact opposite of what they say they hate. So with the conspiracy theorist who sees a conspiracy behind ever bush, and as a result of their paranoia they refuse to take any risks because it might be a plot, the person who hates Ayn Rand is full of paranoia and fear of the industrial class, those who do not need hand outs. So afraid are they of these people that they must get the government to protect the poor and create better work hours. The only thing standing in their way, however, is Ayn Rand's philosophy. Which explains why they hate it.

In conclusion: the amount of hatred aimed at Ayn Rand is not because they think her story is crappy or because her philosophy is factually inaccurate, that would not cause this amount of fervor, even I, a staunch defender of Ayn Rand, can point out some of her weak points in her philosophy, such as her refusal to believe in a spirit, which I would argue allows for human reasoning, something she believes, so by doing so I would indicate that "spirit" is actually written into her philosophy, but although I can say such things, I do not hate Ayn Rand or her philosophy, I actually love her works, so the reason why people hate her so much is because it goes against the globalists idea of communism.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by cfnyaami

Ayn Rand poses for freedom and liberty, which is the reason why she doesn't speak for you. You would rather see the world enslaved by eco fascism than have people think for themselves.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
well to be quite honest,
I have never read one of her books.
But if her books are anything like
her Donahue TV Show interview,
I don't want anything to do with her.

If she was alive, we would def be at odds
with one another.

And I'm not on the left either !!!!
hahahaha

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Donahue is really irritating so I don't know if I could watch that one. But I would say that if she talked about rationality and freedom of choice, that imitates her philosophy in her books.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

Donahue is really irritating so I don't know if I could watch that one. But I would say that if she talked about rationality and freedom of choice, that imitates her philosophy in her books.

i think I saw that interview on youtube.
It was in parts. I think they posted the entire
hr of her Donahue appearance.

I started looking into Ann Rand back when
Soros name came up. It seems they attended
the same school of economics in London

If I remember correctly. Or maybe I'm wrong.
please correct me if I am

edit on 6/1/2011 by boondock-saint because: spelling

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Yeah, I almost didn't read any of her books because all of the things I had heard about her. After picking up return of the primitive and loving it, I read the rest of her non-fiction (minus the one on art) and really liked them. There is a lot of stuff I disagree with in her books, but she is now one of my favorite philosophers.

Also on a side note about Ayn Rands friendship with Greenspan, the young Alan Greenspan seemed to be a completely different person then the one we know now, he used to be a proponent of laissez-faire capitalism and the gold standard.
edit on 1-6-2011 by Autodidactic because: added info

link   

Ayn Rand's philosophy is about separation of state and economy, complete free market. While you can argue if that will work or not, it's beyond argument that this has nothing to do with Soros and Alan Greenspan who use the government to gain their monopoly market.

link   

Hey Boon,

If you can find it, Read "Anthem".

Its not long and I think you might be able to find a free version.

Seems like a group called "Libre Vox" put out an audio version. Its on one of the torrents.

They have done several public domain works.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
well not to be blunt or anything

but being a great philosopher doesn't
automatically make you a great
political leader.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

As I said, I don't agree with her 100 percent. Here's an example of why I don't agree with her:

This is funny because she is saying she supports Israel (well she is Jewish), yet people seem to hate her for some reason. Imagine if she supported Palestine! I'm just trying to say that certain people have an irrational hatred of her, possibly because she stands in the way of a one world government. Even though she supported Israel her other qualities make her undesireable for the global elite.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
This is funny because she is saying she supports Israel (well she is Jewish), yet people seem to hate her for some reason. Imagine if she supported Palestine! I'm just trying to say that certain people have an irrational hatred of her, possibly because she stands in the way of a one world government. Even though she supported Israel her other qualities make her undesireable for the global elite.

i wonder if Ann had lived long enough
to witness 9/11, if she would have changed
her mind ???

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Why would the left smear Ayn Rand? While she had conservative views, she was also pro choice believing it was a woman's right to have an abortion. Being an atheist, she wasn't swayed by the religious arguments from the right on the issue.

Now there is criticism of some Christians in the GOP who embrace Ayn Rand despite her views that any system that that required one individual to live for others and follow anything beside his or her own self-interest was immoral. Something which conflicts with the teachings of Jesus.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
i wonder if Ann had lived long enough
to witness 9/11, if she would have changed
her mind ???

This is where figureheads and followers display a murky disconnect.

The Ayn Rand Institute is all for the "war on terror" and has been blasting the US for its pussy footing when it comes to the complete destruction of the Muslim world.

Leonard Peikoff claiming to speak for the ARI:

The choice today is mass death in the United States or mass death in the terrorist nations. Our Commander-In-Chief must decide whether it is his duty to save Americans or the governments who conspire to kill them.

edit on 1-6-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I would hope she would change her mind. She says people should not be sacrificed for other's happiness. So a Palestinian should not have their home sacrificed so an Israeli could have it. This just shows that she isn't perfect, but good enough that the globalists hate her.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

Christians particularly dislike her because she teaches that original sin is immoral, since it starts a person off by telling him he is incompetent, but she is generally disliked because she believes in freedom and liberty.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I dont know enough about Rand's philosophy to make a fair comment. From what I have heard her ideology is opposed to mine. I believe that we are all connected in many ways and I dont like the idea of exploiting my fellow humans for my own selfish financial gain. Anyway this is an interesting documentary being shown on the BBC at the moment. I know the director Adam Curtis is seen by some as a left wing conspiracy theorist, so just giving you the position of the producer, so you have some background.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Ayn Rand was a poor writer, and her philosophy is stunningly irrelevant to almost all people outside of the United States.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaploinkWhile she had conservative views

What?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join