It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What passed in front on the sun on these solar images?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Recently I watch the Space Weather Prediction Center which can be found here:

Space Weather Prediction Center

on a regular basis as I do believe that our sun really does influence us here on earth a LOT. And so I just checked this site just some minutes ago and found something strange appearing on the "Latest GOES Solar X-ray" images as you can see here in the following three consecutive images from GOES which I have saved in order to show them to you.

(Hopefully the images are visible in my post as these are direct links to image shack urls.)

The link to the album of these three images is:
GOES Images

The last image shows the sun just as I would expect it. On the first two images however you can see a strange shadow passing in front of the sun?!

Do you know what seems to have passed in front of the sun on these pictures? Could this be the moon??
It's a pity I haven't looked some minutes before the first image in the sequence in order to see whether the sun was fully "hidden" by the object or not.

Pretty strange, huh? What is it??

---
Mods: Feel free to move this thread to another forum if required.
edit on 1-6-2011 by mrMasterJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
It's the silhouette of the moon.

Been mentioned a number of times, and it does look strange, a bight taken out of the sun.

But it is just the .. is it the earth or the moon?

Ahh.. someone will come in and correct it - but it's not something to be worried about.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Well, I am not worried
There is really nothing that can worry me these days...

Just wondered what I am seeing here because I thought these cameras should not pick up the moon really, should they?
I am currently looking for some info where the cameras are located to find out whether it could be the moon or not. And yes, it might eventually be a lunar shadow - but just wanted to be sure. In this case I wonder why they haven't positioned the cameras further away from earth? Otherwise I might just have witnessed a solar eclipse on these images? Maybe someone can help

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
These are lens cover or something, this was previously discussed on another thread a few months ago.

I will see if I can find a link...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Is this really current events?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by myster0

Yes, absolutely! Look at the timestamp on the images. This is just what I have seen on the prediction page. I have downloaded the first and the following images when I saw the anomaly in the picture. It is now about one hour ago (regarding the date of this reply).

So it's as fresh as it can be

Edit to add:
However I do not know where else to put the topic... the mods may feel free to move this whenever they want. It would be helpful at some point to have something like an automatic forum assignment mechanism based on "tags" or "key words" which you can assign to any topic.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Partial Solar Eclipse Occurs on June 1, 2011

www.timeanddate.com...

shadowandsubstance.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

Great
So now that we know that there was / is a solar eclipse today I still wonder where the GOES cameras are really located. I currently have no time to check that - but maybe someone knows? When everything fits we can close this case and I thank you all for helping to solve the anomaly on the images.

new topics

top topics

join