It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon doesn't rule out military force against cyberattacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Pentagon doesn't rule out military force against cyberattacks

www.cnn.com

The Pentagon is formulating a new strategy on how to respond to cyberattacks that would include using military force, a spokesman confirmed late Tuesday.

Col. David Lapan said if the attack is serious enough, "a response to a cyberincident or attack on the U.S. would not necessarily be a cyber response, so as I said all appropriate options would be on the table."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
This is quite very new from Obama
now if somebody hack any gov site
Obama will release drones on your heads ??

Hackers will need to be carefull now
many are indeed feeling invincible
try to take has many proxies has possible
to avoid the pentagon finding you

The final public portion of the "Defense Strategy for Operating in Cyberspace" is expected to be released in two or three weeks.

But much of it has already been discussed for months by numerous administration officials, including the White House and Deputy Secretary of Defense William Lynn.

In May, the White House released the International Strategy for Cyberspace. It said in part, "We reserve the right to use all necessary means -- diplomatic, informational, military, and economic -- as appropriate and consistent with applicable international law, in order to defend our Nation, our allies, our partners, and our interests."

This mean the country is going into a real police state

soon what if you download illegal music on a torrent site .. the military is going to shoot you ??
im sure Obama said ok to this new strategy

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6/1/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
then they should bomb the ones who launched STUXNET

that virus can cause serious damage to a nuclear facility and the countries around it

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

So how they gonna get the drones into mamma's basement?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

The Defense Department's appreciation of the serious threat posed by cyberattacks grew substantially after an incident in 2008. That's when someone inserted an infected flash drive (what some call thumb drives) into a U.S. military laptop on a base in the Middle East.

"The flash drive's malicious computer code, placed there by a foreign intelligence agency, uploaded itself onto a network run by the U.S. Central Command. That code spread undetected on both classified and unclassified systems," Lynn wrote last fall in Foreign Policy magazine. "This previously classified incident was the most significant breach of U.S. military computers ever, and it served as an important wake-up call."

All of that because of a USB stick

now they have all the reasons ... excuses to launch an attack on another country
lets say a pentagon employee hack into ones of Iran computer has a proxies
and then the virus inside the computer hacks into the pentagon ..they will go into war

false flag will get even more easier to make now

edit on 6/1/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Ben81

So how they gonna get the drones into mamma's basement?

they are going to police state the internet now .. sad day for all internet user around the world

next step .. arrest anybody who download music/film without paying

the government need people TO PAY TAXES
its a waste for them when the peeps download stuff freely

and of course if the gov is hacked .. they might activate the kill switch for that reason
we never know with them ...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I was going to suggest something similar to your post ^^ regarding Iran (and others). Wouldn't put it past Iran and any other country considered rogue, to employ a cyber attack, and it would therefore be quite the justification for the US to launch a retaliatory military offensive against the cyber attackers. With the US economy going the way it is, such an increase in wars is probably almost damn necessary to keep the system from collapsing. What jobs would all those soldiers have to come home to? What other means of production would many of the fat cats have resource to in the absence of wars? I agree with many of the predictions that there is will be certain increase in military operations.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
It all makes sense. What with the US government being broke and all, false flag cyber attacks don't require any money. This pretty much means that they can attack any country they want and say they were cyber attacked, nice, nice. I reckon Dubai is going to be pretty high up on the list.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalSea
It all makes sense. What with the US government being broke and all, false flag cyber attacks don't require any money. This pretty much means that they can attack any country they want and say they were cyber attacked, nice, nice. I reckon Dubai is going to be pretty high up on the list.

Exactly .. you dont need to fly planes into buildings anymore ..

they just have to release a statement saying the Pentagon site was hacked by Iran super elite hacker secret service (turn their site down for a few moment)

and there you go .. a brand new war

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
To be honest, when it comes to America and military force, it goes without saying.

It's practically their solution to everything.

I'm of the opinion that these cyber attacks that are getting more frequent are being done by themselves, by the government I mean. It might build up to one massive one, but I suspect it would have to be something which would affect everyday people.

Then they can use it as an excuse to heavily regulate the internet.
edit on 1/6/11 by Kram09 because: missed out a word

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
That's all very well and good until they discover it's the Chinese doing it. I highly doubt they'll risk 'waking the sleeping dragon' as Napoleon so elequently put it.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
That's all very well and good until they discover it's the Chinese doing it. I highly doubt they'll risk 'waking the sleeping dragon' as Napoleon so elequently put it.

They will simply say .. it was Iran

new topics

top topics

join