It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forbidden Fruit

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
The forbidden fruit wasn't apples. Have you ever seen an apple tree growing in the middle east?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Good point....

But "The Tree of The Knowledge of Good & Evil" was NOT on Earth, but instead in "The Garden of GOD" called EDEN which is in Paradise this is why A'DAM & EVE were thrown OUT of, onto the Earth.

I could bore you, with supplying the evidence in the Ancient writings telling us this... LOL.

But if you want me to, I can back up my claim by quoting from the Ancient Christian writings.

The Roman church infiltrated the knowledge will all sorts of Myths such as apples etc.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller

The Roman church infiltrated the knowledge will all sorts of Myths such as apples etc.

More paranoid nonsense about 'the Roman church'. Sigh.
Bigots!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

Is there only HATRED in YOUR HEART?

But I Shall LOVE those in the roman church including yourself...

I forgive you for your Hard words...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SaberTruth

You wrote:

["Only the Bible can do that, and if the OP meant something else, you might want to ask them to clarify. I realize that everybody today wants to redefine Christianity like they're molding clay and thus pretty much anyone can claim the title. But unless the OP specified some exotic definition, which doesn't appear from what was posted, the burden of proof for a non- or quasi-Biblical definition rests on you."]

And YOU are the TRUE christian with the correct interpretation? Why?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

reply to post by Nosred

Good point....

But "The Tree of The Knowledge of Good & Evil" was NOT on Earth, but instead in "The Garden of GOD" called EDEN which is in Paradise this is why A'DAM & EVE were thrown OUT of, onto the Earth.

I could bore you, with supplying the evidence in the Ancient writings telling us this... LOL.

But if you want me to, I can back up my claim by quoting from the Ancient Christian writings.

A close reading of Genesis shows that the Garden of Eden was on Earth, indicated by phrases such as, "...east of Eden." Your "not on Earth" interpretation is not justified - for it needed to be guarded from re-entry by Adam and Eve, who had no spaceship. I'm fairly sure about that.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Vamp333

Originally posted by Vamp333
if 'God' requested Adam & Eve not to eat from the Apple tree .. and they were punished for disobeying his request .. why do people who are believers in God still eat Apples to this day...??

There is no mention of an apple in the bible. The bible only mentions fruit from the Tree of knowledge; no mention is made of what that fruit is. The apple symbology came about much later on.

In the New Testament Jesus uses the words “you will know them by their fruits”, of course he’s not talking about people walking around with apples, and oranges in their pockets lol He’s using it as a metaphor to describe the good attributes of a person.

My own personal take on this, is that the fruit taken from the tree, is a metaphor for knowledge gained, or knowledge learned from another source, most probably from the serpent, who has his own brand of fruits.

Just a note about your signature…

Sometimes you have to go back, in order to move forwards…

Just a random thought…

- JC

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joecroft
reply to post by Vamp333

Originally posted by Vamp333
if 'God' requested Adam & Eve not to eat from the Apple tree .. and they were punished for disobeying his request .. why do people who are believers in God still eat Apples to this day...??

There is no mention of an apple in the bible. The bible only mentions fruit from the Tree of knowledge; no mention is made of what that fruit is. The apple symbology came about much later on.

In the New Testament Jesus uses the words “you will know them by their fruits”, of course he’s not talking about people walking around with apples, and oranges in their pockets lol He’s using it as a metaphor to describe the good attributes of a person.

My own personal take on this, is that the fruit taken from the tree, is a metaphor for knowledge gained, or knowledge learned from another source, most probably from the serpent, who has his own brand of fruits.

Just a note about your signature…

Sometimes you have to go back, in order to move forwards…

Just a random thought…

- JC

Well put, both above, and also below regarding the Signature! Its a maze: you have to find the right path through the maze; and you cannot give up: you will not be allowed to: the program is written that way! The wildernesss of the Inner True Mind must be cultivated, hence the Maze: that's how it gets written into, by process of elimination through understanding by experience. That's why you see some seeming to criticize what is being revealed, because they are indirectly seeking Truth; and this path must be followed to invoke the unraveling.

Peace be with you JC!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

More paranoid nonsense about 'the Roman church'. Sigh.
Bigots!
The Roman Catholic church are the bigots. They have committed many atrocities which they should be ashamed of. You forget the tyrannical ways of which the Roman Catholic gained it's followers and it's masses, either that or you are ignorant of them. Realise that THEY are the bigots.

-I see no women popes in the line up? Sexist? (yet many argue "Tradition", a tradiion of sexism, yes)

-The Pope saying condoms are worse than aids? Deceptive

It's not paranoia; all you have to do is acknowledge the evidence; acknowledge documented, undeniable history.

Christopher Hitchens talking about the atrocities of the Roman Catholic Church.

For those who don't have video capability; An excerpt:-

Now I’m sorry to have to begin by disagreeing with His Grace. If you’re going to be a serious grown-up person, and appear to defend the Catholic church in public in front of an educated and literate audience, you simply have to start by making a great number of heartfelt apologies and requests for contrition and forgiveness. Now you might ask, you’re fully entitled to ask, brothers and sisters, who am I to say that?

Well, in the jubilee millennium year of 2000 the Vatican spokesman Bishop Piero Marini said, explaining a whole sermon of apology given by His Holiness the Pope, given the number of sins we’ve committed in the course of twenty centuries, reference to them must necessarily be rather summary.

Well I think Bishop Marini had that just about right, I’ll have to be summary, too. His Holiness on that occasion—it was March the 12th, 2000, if you wish to look it up—begged forgiveness for, among some other things, the crusades, the Inquisition, the persecution of the Jewish people, in justice towards women, that’s half the human race right there, and the forced conversion of indigenous peoples, especially in South America, the African slave trade, the admission that Galileo was right, and for silence during Hitler’s Final Solution or Shoah. And it doesn’t end there, there are smaller but significant—equally significant—avowals of a very bad conscience.

These have included regret for the rape and torture of orphans and other children in church-run schools in almost every country on Earth, from Ireland to Australia. .

edit on 8/6/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

I like your Boldness and perhaps this may be of interest to you?

A close reading of Genesis shows that the Garden of Eden was on Earth, indicated by phrases such as, "...east of Eden."

Please Quote the verse which says EDEN is ON The EARTH.

Your "not on Earth" interpretation is not justified

Yes it is, According to Ancient Christian Writings…. Read Carefully what I have written below.

- for it needed to be guarded from re-entry by Adam and Eve, who had no spaceship. I'm fairly sure about that.

You are Right about That…. LOL.

But Paradise is NOT in Your Universe either….. LOL.

Be patient and NOT to be Closed minded, as I know you shall come to know these things…

From a Ancient Christian Writing called “The Life of A’DAM & EVE” verse 16 Quote;

XVI. And the Lord GOD (Son of GOD the LIGHT)
was angry with me
and banished me and my Angels from Glory:

And on your account were driven from the dwelling-places (Paradise)

Into this World and thrown Out ONTO the Earth…

For do you NOT Know, that The WORD EDEN is a WORD from The ZION Language (NOT Hebrew)?

And Do you NOT Know It’s Meaning in The ZION Language?

NO offence intended….

Although The word is believed to be in English, is in Fact a ZION Word.

The ZION WORD EDEN is NOT written as Eden as the Children of Earth Corropt the Letters i.e. That which is Upper Case in ZION you turn into Lower case, not understanding what you are doing, and thus turning the writings into a Lie.

The ZION Language is of “The True Mind” from Heaven.

(This by the way, has nothing at all to do with Zionism on Earth.)

The Book of “Genesis”, has been corrupted by flesh. I have written many times about this before on ATS.

a. MAN & WO-MAN refer to the SOUL.
And
b. A’DAM and EVE Refer to the Flesh or Primate.

The Descendants of EVE & “The Wicked One” have corrupted the Writings.

The Wicked one being in ALL the Descendants Flesh. In other words everybody has this (666 Algorithm) in their Flesh.

If this were Not the case A'DAM would NOT have DIED Nor would your Flesh.

But The SOUL (MAN) in "The Image of GOD" Does NOT DIE.

From “The Gospel of Thomas” verse 39 Quote;

39. Jesus said,

“The Pharisees and the Scribes
have taken The Keys of Knowledge and Hidden Them.

They themselves have NOT entered,
nor have they allowed to enter those who wish to.

You, however, be as wise as serpents and as innocent as doves.”

Also in the bible Jesus said as you know…

”Woe unto you Scribes and Pharisees and Hypocrites..”

And also from “The Gospel of Thomas” verse 102 Quote;

102. Jesus said,

“Woe to the Pharisees,
for they are like a dog sleeping
in the manger of oxen,
for neither does he eat
nor does he let the oxen eat.”

And in The bible the Roman collection of Greek & Hebrew Writings….

From “The Gospel According to John” Ch. 8 verse 41 Quote;

41. Ye do the deeds of Your Father.
Then they said we are Not born of Fornication (referring to EVE and “The Wicked One”);
We have One Father, even GOD.

42. Jesus said unto them,
If GOD were your Father, ye would LOVE me:
For I proceeded forth and came from GOD;
Neither came I of myself, but He sent Me.

43. Why do you NOT understand my Speech?

And in “The Gospel According to Matthew” Ch. 12 verse 38 & 39 Quote;

38. Then certain of the Scribes
and the Pharisees answered, saying, Master,
we would see a sign from thee.

39. But he answered and said unto them,
An Evil and Adulterous Generation seeketh after a Sign;
And there shall be NO Sign given to it,
But the sign of the Prophet JONAS:

The Children of Earth are this Generation, from EVE & “The Wicked One” who gave Birth to Cain.

edit on 8-6-2011 by The Matrix Traveller because: Syntax Errors

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

-I see no women popes in the line up? Sexist? (yet many argue "Tradition", a tradiion of sexism, yes)

I see no woman president of the USA, and am confident that I never will... You people are so sexist, that despite the fact that every white American has racism deep in their soul, and would not blink at a lynching, you elected a black man rather than allow someone with a vagina to be in power.

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
-The Pope saying condoms are worse than aids? Deceptive

Deceptive indeed! Citation (and proof) needed.

If what you quote from Hitchens is correct, then you have your apology, so what's your issue? Quoting Hitchens is insane - you may as well quote Larry Flynt! Hitchens has serious issues...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

Not so fast, the jury is still out on whether or not Obama has a vagina.

Edit to add: don't worry about any more Hitchens videos.
edit on 9-6-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

You wrote:

["I see no woman president of the USA, and am confident that I never will... You people are so sexist, that despite the fact that every white American has racism deep in their soul, and would not blink at a lynching, you elected a black man rather than allow someone with a vagina to be in power."]

Which only shows, that US is as bad as the church. In Europe women have an increasing role in politics, and in the monarchies queens are as accepted as kings (even at the time when monarchy had any political weight). It's hardly an argument, that democracy is somewhat shaky in 'god's own country'. It's rather to be expected.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Please Quote the verse which says EDEN is ON The EARTH.

Genesis 2
5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth,, and there was not a man to till the ground.

6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.
7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

so god blew on some dust and made a man, and eastward of that event

8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

10And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.
11The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold; 12And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone.
13And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia.
14And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates.

so not only was eden suposed to be on earth - its location was somewhere in the middle east

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
The fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is still being eaten today, if not literally. We still die, but have not become as God. A few people here have stated that the Garden was in the Middle East, but this may not be true. I'm not at all sure that any geographical place pre-flood corresponds to any geographical place post-flood.

edit on 9-6-2011 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

edit on 9-6-2011 by Lazarus Short because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
The fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is still being eaten today, if not literally. We still die, but have not become as God. A few people here have stated that the Garden was in the Middle East, but this may not be true. I'm not at all sure that any geographical place pre-flood corresponds to any geographical place post-flood.

Thanks for bringing that up. I agree, we cannot say for sure where the Garden was anymore, though it's possible that post-Flood people named rivers according to what was remembered and we could get an approximate location from that.

But I have to say, there are a lot of people who think they have become gods.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Vicky32

Not so fast, the jury is still out on whether or not Obama has a vagina.

Edit to add: don't worry about any more Hitchens videos.
edit on 9-6-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

But seriously, are the Hitchens Follies officially taboo?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

Well, that settles that controversy.

Eden was on Earth.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

I see no woman president of the USA, and am confident that I never will... You people are so sexist, that despite the fact that every white American has racism deep in their soul, and would not blink at a lynching, you elected a black man rather than allow someone with a vagina to be in power.

Certainly hope Sarah Palin doesn't get into power, but i'm sure there will be a "first" as there was a "first" black president.

But i agree, it's like an Atheist being elected in a country dominated by believers, of course it's going to be difficult to make an impression and rise to the top. Especially with people like you trying to demonise us because we won't think like you.

Deceptive indeed! Citation (and proof) needed.

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.timesonline.co.uk...

www.bbc.co.uk...

He's done what's know as a "U-Turn" in the political arena;

www.guardian.co.uk...

Hitchens has serious issues.

Care to expand?

I can quote Stephen Fry too, a very gentle, loving human being. I can quote Sam Harris, he's tame as they come.

People just demonise them because they criticise a particular belief or philosophical position that is consider immunise from criticism by the religious.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Olise

Originally posted by Olise
Well put, both above, and also below regarding the Signature!

Thanks…

In the part below, I as was subtly alluding to the “fall of man”, although I think you may have been aware of that. The seemingly retrograde step of taking the fruit, is IMO all part of Gods plan to help move mankind forward spiritually.

God wills that “Holy Souls” be prepared for him. The knowledge of good and evil is what gives us our free will; God wants people to choose the light over the darkness, but in order to do so they must experience both. You can’t see the Light until you are standing in darkness and you can’t appreciate a warm bath, unless you also experience a cold one etc…

God does not want to force us to choose the light because that would be wrong and make us like robots. So we are all going through; as I like to term it; a “refinement of the Soul”, process, in order to enable us to return back to the Father.

Jesus is the Light that guides/leads people back to the Father God and it is living in ignorance of the Father, which is that darkness.

Which reminds of the following ancient quote…

From the CORPUS HERMETICUM VII. (VIII.)

The Greatest Ill Among Men is Ignorance of God

Originally posted by Olise
The wildernesss of the Inner True Mind must be cultivated, hence the Maze: that's how it gets written into, by process of elimination through understanding by experience.

Yes, I can agree with your sentiments.

First make a solid foundation stone of truth before building upon it and if you notice any cracks appearing, then remove that stone and only then continue to build upon it.

The key words you brought up are very important in my opinion, namely “experience” and “understanding.” Both help to guide us through the maze.

Of course there is nothing wrong with knowledge and understanding in and of itself, especially when it comes from God.

Proverbs 8:8-11

8 All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing forward or perverse in them.

9 They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.

10 Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold.

11 For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.

Peaceful Blessings to you Olise

- JC

edit on 9-6-2011 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join