It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Forbidden Fruit

page: 1
1
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
had a totally random thought today ..

if 'God' requested Adam & Eve not to eat from the Apple tree .. and they were punished for disobeying his request .. why do people who are believers in God still eat Apples to this day...??

was his request not to eat Apples soully from this one particular tree in the garden & all the other apple trees of the world where free to eat from...??

did God take back this order & give people permission to eat Apples...??

or are people still disobeying his request & everyone is going to hell for eating apples...??


*NOTE: please take into consideration that this is just a random thought i had & i have no intention of cutting Apples from my diet




posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Its not the apple that was the problem, it was the apple from the tree of knowledge. None of the apples we eat are from that tree.



posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vamp333
had a totally random thought today ..

if 'God' requested Adam & Eve not to eat from the Apple tree .. and they were punished for disobeying his request .. why do people who are believers in God still eat Apples to this day...??

was his request not to eat Apples soully from this one particular tree in the garden & all the other apple trees of the world where free to eat from...??

did God take back this order & give people permission to eat Apples...??

or are people still disobeying his request & everyone is going to hell for eating apples...??


*NOTE: please take into consideration that this is just a random thought i had & i have no intention of cutting Apples from my diet


Symbolism.

There is no apple.



posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Vamp333
 


There is absolutely no proof that the fruit they ate was indeed an apple.

This is just the popular story believed by many religious folk out there.

For me the forbidden fruit was more a spiritual thing than a physical object. It was the "awakening" so to speak of man, and his quest for knowledge.

VVv



posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
its a fairytale.

they ate from the tree of knowledge. this is where they are now. this is where you are. this is where it is.

don't let these stories hold you back.

everything changes then.



posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
reply to post by Vamp333
 


There is absolutely no proof that the fruit they ate was indeed an apple.

This is just the popular story believed by many religious folk out there.

For me the forbidden fruit was more a spiritual thing than a physical object. It was the "awakening" so to speak of man, and his quest for knowledge.

VVv


Aww that's what I said only in less picture bits... uhh !! Words, that's it.

The bottom line for me is, however, there is no apple. There is no snake. There is no god.

THE APPLE IS A LIE.



posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
yes yes.. i know the 'whole' biblical story is a fairytale.. just a random thought that i had today that i thought i would throw out into the ATS world.


just to add.. i was eating a bacon + egg roll at the time.. so have no idea why i was thinking about apples.
edit on 1-6-2011 by Vamp333 because: i can



posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Vamp333
 


As already mention, it wasn't an apple. Artists just used apples as a symbolic representation of the story.

The fact is, it had nothing to do with apples or fruits or any of that stuff, it had to do with disobeying God.

Adam and Eve were basically allowed to do whatever they wanted, EXCEPT eating from that tree. It was a rule. He could have said, "Don't lick the tree sap," it wouldn't have mattered, it was still a rule. Adam and Eve both disobeyed, through lies and deception, that's when the fall of man came to be.

It wasn't an awakening. The devil told them they would be enlightened, think like God, etc. It was deception, it sounds good on paper, but they didn't read the fine print.

The truth is, the Devil lied to them, and they fell victim to Sin. They were tempted, and they failed, and so all of mankind carries that burden, thanks to the Devil.
edit on 1-6-2011 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
There is more to the Story than just the symbolic apple, change occurred when they ate it. Their eyes were opened, and they realized they were naked. Until that time they have been ignorant of their own state of being.

It would make more sense the Apple is really a particular magic mushroom that grows on trees. Expanding the mind is a side effect of these pharma products and well known by shaman and traditional doctors. There is some evidence that psychedelic plants probably triggered our creative and imaginative abilities and took us from living in caves to creating civilizations.

Then again it might just have been an Apple.



posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Vamp333
 


Where does it say "apple" in Genesis chapter 3?




posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
The word "fruit" itself is a metaphor, the "fruits of labor" or whatnot. It essentially means a product. In this case, we're talking about the tree of knowledge (which obviously represents knowledge). So the "fruit" of knowledge would be things like innovation or drawing conclusions, or even questioning.

In the biblical story, "god" wanted to oppress us. He wanted us to remain ignorant and unable to understand the natural world. This is a recurring theme in the bible.. They want you to obey with blind faith. You are the sheep in the flock. It's not your place to think, only to serve.



posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte
 


You wrote:

Quote 1: ["Adam and Eve were basically allowed to do whatever they wanted, EXCEPT eating from that tree. It was a rule. He could have said, "Don't lick the tree sap," it wouldn't have mattered, it was still a rule. Adam and Eve both disobeyed, through lies and deception, that's when the fall of man came to be."]

and

Quote 2: ["It wasn't an awakening. The devil told them they would be enlightened, think like God, etc. It was deception, it sounds good on paper, but they didn't read the fine print.

The truth is, the Devil lied to them, and they fell victim to Sin. They were tempted, and they failed, and so all of mankind carries that burden, thanks to the Devil."]

Why on earth can't both of the options be true? That it was an act of disobediance AND of 'awakening'? I'm presently not including my own opinion on this, but only asking you on what grounds you can state such.

Are you simply referring to some 'authority' (e.g. the bible itself) on an alleged reality-related situation, which 'explains' the mess of suffering in the universe. This is more farreaching than just the bible justifying itself being a piece of propaganda in an ideological dispute.



posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Not only is the type of fruit not specified, but once again people call it "the tree of knowledge" and leave off the rest: "OF GOOD AND EVIL". They do this to burn the straw man that God is somehow against humans having "knowledge", which they also presume is something esoteric and enlightening.



posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaberTruth
Not only is the type of fruit not specified, but once again people call it "the tree of knowledge" and leave off the rest: "OF GOOD AND EVIL". They do this to burn the straw man that God is somehow against humans having "knowledge", which they also presume is something esoteric and enlightening.


Are you surprised? Skeptics rarely get it exactly right and parade straw man after straw man with a bit of hasty generalization mixed in for good measure.



posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Are you surprised? Skeptics rarely get it exactly right and parade straw man after straw man with a bit of hasty generalization mixed in for good measure.

Not surprised of course, but exasperated. So many people bash Christianity and the Bible based only on hearsay and someone else's opinions, on the presumption that the Bible and Christianity are based only on hearsay and someone else's opinions! They also don't seem to understand that when someone asks a question about the Bible or the Christian faith, the answers are supposed to come from the Bible and Christian faith, not someplace else. We try to point out that external sources are only needed if the question is why Christians accept the Bible as God's Word, and that nobody puts other documents under the same scrutiny, but to no avail. Yet we are as compelled to try and dispel the disinfo as they are to promote it. And I still marvel at how obsessed anti-Christians are with our faith and our Bible, more so than many of our own people are. I could call it a mere curiosity, but on any other topic it would be considered psychosis.



posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I would say eating from the tree of knowledge is when we fell to sleep, it is not about awaking.
Before eating from the tree of knowledge we were one with god.
The serpent mislead us, telling us it would make us gods (plural).
But there is only the 'one' god.

Eating the fruit of the knowledge tree stops us eating the fruit from the tree of life.
Life is here and now and there is no knowledge needed for this.
The knowledge makes us feel special, we have to continually search for it.
Knowledge is never complete, it is in the darkness of the mind.
Life is light.

God never threw anyone out of the garden of eden.
All humans still live in the garden of eden.
However because we have 'the knowledge' we have the power to judge.
We judge and criticize gods beautiful garden.
It is paradise (without thought).
edit on 1-6-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SaberTruth
 


LOL!


"Can you explain X about Christianity/Bible for us?"

"Can I use the Bible to explain?"

"Absolutely not."

"Ummmm, K."



posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SaberTruth
 


It is no more than racism.
Unfortunatly in this society difference is not celebrated it is hunted down and taken down.



posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The fruit from the tree of knowledge made Adam and Eve (this represents all mankind) believe that they should be ashamed. So ashamed were they that they hid. We have been hiding ever since. Shame and guilt, hope and fear are the result of eating from the tree of knowledge.
It is not too late though.
Knowledge is fine as long as we don't believe it. It is ok to have knowledge as long as we understand that knowledge is conceptual, that it is not true.
Knowledge was handed to us by the serpent.
Life is what we are and no serpent should be trusted.
It was and never will be possible for you to be separated from God.



posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain
 


??? I honestly don't know what you're talking about. What "it"?



new topics

top topics



 
1
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join