It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. announces charges against five 9/11 terror suspects

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I only watch MSN when I am forced to go visit the in-laws.

Unknown to most people at the time, $650 million in gold and silver was being kept in a special vault four floors beneath Four World Trade Center. The gold and silver were recently recovered.
911review.com...

Very interesting read indeed...I like the way this sentence starts out...sounds like the governments sticky hands all over it...in my opinion of course.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

only $650 Million were recovered.

How bout the other $39 Billion
and change ???

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

On the morning of September 11, 2001, there were $167 billion dollars in gold bars in
Federal Reserve vaults in the basement of the World Trade Center.

Since the destruction of the twin towers, there has been much speculation as to what
might have become of all of the gold.

A female caller to the Bill Bochiers radio program on WLW, Cincinnati (11-06-04) told of
a report from her friend who worked at the WTC. The friend said that on the morning of
9-11 she was on her way to her job at the World Trade Center, along the route she
normally took. As she turned a corner at the base of the Center, she saw two large flat
bed trucks parked at one of the entrances. One of the trucks had already been loaded and
had its contents covered by a large tarp. The second truck was in the process of having
its bed loaded with stacks of solid gold bars.

mcvictimsworld.ning.com...

so I was wrong, it was more than $40 Billion.
It was $167 Billion

sorry

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnyb578

That would be right pull the "Troll card" just because I have a different opinion to you and you don't have the intestinal fortitude to keep debating! In other words you are done. Nothing left! Just because I believe these animals the OP alluded too are terrorists I must be a troll? "Fair Dinkum" You really are narrow minded! Too scared to reply are we? There is a word for that! Bahahahah!
edit on 1-6-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

For some reason all this gold talk made me think of this!
I don't know why...maybe because I think this is not the first I have heard about something not smelling right!

Like this trial...it just does not smell right!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv

For some reason all this gold talk made me think of this!
I don't know why...maybe because I think this is not the first I have heard about something not smelling right!

Like this trial...it just does not smell right!

it appears you and I think alike

and not only Gadaffi, but Saddam
was doing the same thing.
Funny, there is a common denominator
in the events of 9/11, Saddam and Gadaffi.
GOLD !!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
the planes were just a diversion
to make people look up ...

when they should have been looking down.

the explosions in the basements that William
Rodriguez heard right before the explosion up top
is a dead give away there was a gold heist underway.

and folks still think a jihadist in Afghan
did this. Nope, don't think so.

The biggest heist in US History is all covered
up by a terrorist false flag event.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Hmmm...yes it seems a couple of common denominators:

Gold = War...It's age old, does not quite compare to religious war, but it's a huge factor in this modern day.

Gold = New boogie man...that puts a spin on it!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

so now we know the real reason why
there will not be a public trial.

I wonder how much Cheney got
out of the deal since he was the
one who made the military stand
down??

They needed those planes to hit
to cover up the explosions in the
basement.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Just curious as to the U.S. posters on this thread's take on the following.

Your country recently also held a press conference where the head of state announced they initiated a military incursion in to foreign soil and undertook an assassination of a foreign national on nation wide TV.

What do you think the United States' reaction would be if a foreign power did the same thing on US soil, particularly a nuclear power?

Just curious that's all.

Disclaimer: I'm not a US citizen and am not saying what happened was right or wrong, just interested in the opinion of the US citizens.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

That's a good question!

What did Cheney gain out of all this?

“The first attack on the World Trade Center was treated as a law- enforcement problem, with everything handled after the fact: arrests, indictments, convictions, prison sentences, case closed.”
blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/tobyharnden/9863868/The_10_punches_Dick_Cheney_landed_on_Barack_Obamas_jaw/

Case closed?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wotcher
Just curious as to the U.S. posters on this thread's take on the following.
Your country recently also held a press conference where the head of state announced they initiated a military incursion in to foreign soil and undertook an assassination of a foreign national on nation wide TV.
What do you think the United States' reaction would be if a foreign power did the same thing on US soil, particularly a nuclear power? Just curious that's all.
Disclaimer: I'm not a US citizen and am not saying what happened was right or wrong, just interested in the opinion of the US citizens.

I am a US Citizen.

I do not agree with any country committing
political assassinations. Mine included.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

That would be right pull the "Troll card" just because I have a different opinion to you and you don't have the intestinal fortitude to keep debating! In other words you are done. Nothing left! Just because I believe these animals the OP alluded too are terrorists I must be a troll? "Fair Dinkum" You really are narrow minded! Too scared to reply are we? There is a word for that! Bahahahah!

im going to go against what i said to another poster and i will reply. you are a troll you never contribute to anything on here you just say things that you know are going to rub some people up the wrong way ive seen you do it many times and you have done it to me before then you try and make yourself feel big and clever by attempting to talk down to people who get annoyed and lash out towards you. ill use your favourite arguement prove to me that these "animals" are terrorists? hmmm facts, evidence please?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

reply to post by impressme

What’s your opinion?

My opinion is

1) You are a terrorist sympathizer!

2) Sheikh Mohammed deserves everything he gets for the terror he and his group have forced on the world!

3) Go and live with these animals you defend! They will kill you in a second as they believe everyone except for them are infidels!

4) I don't care what terrorist sympathizers say or think about me!

Someone's not being very honest, now are we?

You meant to say,

1.he's a free thinker who resists government tyranny
2. Sheik Mohammed deserved the illegal torture blackwater private prison guards gave to him
3. See for yourself, but wait you're not allowed to because we'll stop your flight to those countries
4. I'm a paid robot so I have no feelings.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

I do not need to provide evidence. He is a scumbag terrorist! He has been arrested and is being held! (hopefully he is tortured daily!)

I made no direct or personal reference to you! Yet you want to label me names and start trouble! Yes you played the "troll card" only on the basis that I had a different opinion to you! Speaks volumes about your character! You obviously have no tolerance for others to have opinions different to your own! Don't care what you say it is the truth! You want to pick me? game on junior! Step right up!

Are you one of these fools who believes unless you are a conspiracy theorist supporter you have no business on ATS?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by impressme

Interesting, that at least we are been told what our so call government does to people for confessions, if they can fake the killing of Bin Laden they can fake anything else like confessions and still you will find those that will believe anything our corrupted government gives them to believe. Freedom and Democracy in America is an oxymoron and those that believe it are in denial.

Thanks to those that believe our elite corpocrary thinks we are all dump and stupid.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I do not need to provide evidence. He is a scumbag terrorist! He has been arrested and is being held! (hopefully he is tortured daily!)

I made no direct or personal reference to you! Yet you want to label me names and start trouble! Yes you played the "troll card" only on the basis that I had a different opinion to you! Speaks volumes about your character! You obviously have no tolerance for others to have opinions different to your own! Don't care what you say it is the truth! You want to pick me? game on junior! Step right up!

Are you one of these fools who believes unless you are a conspiracy theorist supporter you have no business on ATS?

if you dont need to provide evidence for things dont try and tell other people to do it then. these people are the animals yet you support people being tortured daily. you are clearly just hear to start trouble you make no valid points about anything. ive seen many of your posts and you are a complete extremist much like those you hate so much only you are on the other side of the coin. and dont call me junior, ive done more with my short life than you have with yours.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Here is the same story on BBC: New charges for 9/11 suspects held at Guantanamo

Admittedly, it is far from jaw-dropping news... in fact it is a step back to the legal situation as it was prior to the change of White House administration.

But the charges were set aside as the Obama administration tried to move the trial into US civilian courts; a move which was reversed in April.

The new charges are similar to those laid under President Bush's administration.

Very interesting points about "justice", and the requirement of "evidence" to charge someone have already been brought up, so I will bring up the questions that come to my mind:

1) If Mohammed is the "mastermind" and responsible from A-Z for 9/11, what does that make bin-Laden?

The Pentagon has said before that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed admitted to being responsible "from A to Z" for the 2001 attacks in New York and Washington, which claimed about 3,000 lives.

2) If Mohammed was from Kuwait, and Bin Laden (along with almost every other suspected hijacker) was Saudi Arabian, and both were captured in Pakistan, how were the dots connected for an invasion of Afghanistan?

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was a member of Osama bin Laden's terrorist group al-Qaeda organization, although he lived in Kuwait rather than Afghanistan, heading al-Qaeda's propaganda operations from sometime around 1999. The 9/11 Commission Report alleges that he was "the principal architect of the 9/11 attacks."

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was captured in Rawalpindi, Pakistan, on March 1, 2003, by the Pakistani ISI, possibly in a joint action with agents of the American Diplomatic Security Service, and has been in U.S. custody since that time.
SOURCE

And finally, the charges are as follows:

The five men are charged with conspiracy, murder in violation of the law of war, attacking civilians, attacking civilian objects, intentionally causing serious bodily injury, destruction of property in violation of the law of war, hijacking aircraft and terrorism.
(from original BBC source article)

minus, perhaps, "conspiracy, hijacking aircraft and terrorism"... very honestly now, couldn't many countries presently involved in foreign military intervention be charged with the same crimes?

the Billmeister

p.s.
Don't get me wrong, I would not want to invite these people over for a BBQ, and, if guilty, I believe the deserve to be punished to the harshest extent of the law. (As I'm sure is the case for most members of ATS) That said, the whole point of the "Axis of Evil" and "US vs. the Terrorists" is that "WE" are supposed to abide by a higher standard of justice than "THEM".

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I'm glad someone else sees 9/11 as a bad Die Hard movie, with all the "missing" money, stocks, and insurance cash paid out, it's more just a bank robbery.
In most states you go to jail for burning down your own house, in Manhttan you can demolish 3 of your own buildings, kill thousands, and get paid over 3 billion.

BTW, did anyone ever collect the money that was put in for United and American stocks to drop?

As far as the Geneva Convention goes, I doubt that the UN will be hearing from the Taliban embassy anytime soon.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Billmeister

2) If Mohammed was from Kuwait, and Bin Laden (along with almost every other suspected hijacker) was Saudi Arabian, and both were captured in Pakistan, how were the dots connected for an invasion of Afghanistan?

The Bush administration, lied about OBL being the maters mind to 911 and the proof was this FBI whistle blower, the most gag woman in America.

Ryland: A Sibel Edmonds 'Bombshell' - Bin Laden Worked for U.S. Until 9/11

www.bradblog.com...

There is no way Mohammed was the mater mind to 911, the FBI and CIA were working with OBL and his people until 911. Sibel Edmond said in an interview that the government has the records to back her allegations and the government is lying.

The more I look into this, the more I see our government is running the country like the Russian mob. The sad part is I never thought I would witness the political destruction of the United States, where our leaders cannot be held accountable for their illegal actions.

My opinion is the real terrorist behind 911 walked away from the Bush Administration scot free and are living it up on the wealth they stole from the American people.
edit on 1-6-2011 by impressme because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join