It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog eaters versus Dog Lovers, clash in China.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

That is purely hypothetical. No one is brought up eating dogs, it does not provide all the nutrition that the human body requires. So your argument is wrong.

The difference is dogs is capable of helping humans in all sorts of situations. The only help i get from a cow or a chicken is their nutrition.

VVv

Nor do sheep or such provide all the nutrition our human body requires. Nothing really does...it provides part of our "balanced meal." Face it, it's meat, it'll definitely provide some of the nutrition we need.

Yeah but the reason dogs are able to help are because we train them...have we trained cows or chickens? I believe not...we only use them for our own needs; being a source of food.

Eating dog meet is part of their culture. It goes back several hundreds of years...and is even found in Ancient Rome. You say that no one is brought up eating dog, but I disagree...probably in many places in China they are, in Switzerland, Philippines, Korea and apparently Vietnam as well.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Yeah but the reason dogs are able to help are because we train them...have we trained cows or chickens? I believe not...we only use them for our own needs; being a source of food
reply to post by BlackPoison94

You show me how you are going to train a cow, or a chicken to lead a blind person down the street, stop at traffic lights, take the person safely across a busy street, get him home etc.

I don't know off any cow or chicken, even if we tried to train them that could do that. They just don't have the brain capacity.

VVv

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

What makes you believe they don't have the brain capacity? (Maybe pigeons are the exception hahaha) We've never tried that...so you can't just automatically assume. In some countries, it may be more beneficial to train those type of animals for they are more frequently around.

But we're going off topic. I personally believe that since we're brought up thinking that dogs are man's best friend, we can't eat that...but not all cultures are like that. We should respect that. People eat frogs, snails, why not dogs? I would never do that yeh, because I think it's disgusting...but that's the way I'VE been brought up. Some people may not eat pigs because that's they way they've been brought up. People, in this, China, look at eating dog meat like we look at eating chicken meat.
edit on 1-6-2011 by BlackPoison94 because: typo

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
The chinese who eat dogs are just sick, they should put 530 of the ones who eat dogs ina truck and take them down to a restuarant and serve them on a plate, im sure the chinese who eat anything would also try human flesh as nothing appears to be off limit as a food source. Treat your pets dont eat your pets! no offense intented to those civilised chinese who dont eat dogs.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by camouflaged

This is the kid of attitude that just blows my mind! Someone was raised in a different culture and to you, that makes them "sick" and comparable to cannibals. Jesus! Must people be EXACTLY like to to have your approval?

I'm sure there are some closed-minded and judgmental people in India (where cows are sacred) who think we are barbarians for eating a steak.

This is a cultural thing. Don't people understand different cultures???

I wouldn't eat a dog because I wasn't raised in a culture that does that, but had I been, I absolutely would.

If cows were domesticated to the same degree that dogs are, I have every confidence that they'd be just as trainable. Look at pigs! People are keeping them indoors and treating them as pets and they are VERY trainable.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
"Some" dog lovers are stupid. If people want to eat dogs, let them no one is forcing you to eat dog meat. Dogs are stupid-uncontrollable-smelly-beasts and they should be treated like the stupid-uncontrollable-smelly-beasts they are. When you take their dog meat away, what are they going to eat then? I bet none of you care about that. It's easy to say: don't eat dogs, but you can drive down the street and go to the store and buy something different. Many people don't have that luxury. So stfu.
edit on 1-6-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
Dog lovers are stupid.

Your mood is "Trolling"?
At least you're being honest about it. Did you notice what the dog lover right before you posted?
edit on 6/1/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I would die alongside my dog before I could ever THINK of eating him. If I went before he did I'd hope he goes with my thigh first as it has the most meat!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
Dog lovers are stupid.

Your mood is "Trolling"?
At least you're being honest about it. Did you notice what the dog lover right before you posted?
edit on 6/1/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

Yes and I gave you a star

cuz I agree with you.
edit on 1-6-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

Of course. Remember that story about the monks and the cow? People were making a big fuss that why can't the monks just let the cows to be killed? The monks have the exact same bond with cows, like you have with your dog.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I'm not sure how herbivores are slaughtered in China/SE Asia but I do know that to tenderise the meat of the carnivores, the animal is skinned alive before slaughtering.

So in essence, I think this is more than a cultural issue, it is also an issue of barbarity.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
Different cultures...

having said that, I'd never enter a barbaric pos country that does this.

And I would not welcome citizens of these lands who hold these views, into this country as new citizens.

But it's an unwinnable argument - people will use the cattle argument, others will say it's just a dumb dog/cat, others will simply go "Hmmmm dogburgers!!!!! lolololol" and never post again, etc... too many loopers...

So having expressed my utter disgust at so called humans that have so much damn food that they can stick crabs LIVE into vending machines in subways, that they still find it necessary to eat domestic pets... I think it's best I leave it there, or I'll likely get a whisper in my u2u about removed posts and point deductions...

So, a dog's life is worth more than a cow's or a sheep's, or goat's or a pig's or duck, pheasant, rabbit, etc.

What you perhaps don't understand is that your emotional investment in dogs IS cultural.

In India they revere cows.
In France they eat horses and snails.
In Italy they eat sparrows
In China they also eat certain insects.
Cats are eaten in some cultures.
In the West we love dogs and cats so we don't eat them.

Although you dismiss it, which animals are killed for food in which countries really is a cultural issue.

edit on 1-6-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by teapot
I'm not sure how herbivores are slaughtered in China/SE Asia but I do know that to tenderise the meat of the carnivores, the animal is skinned alive before slaughtering.

So in essence, I think this is more than a cultural issue, it is also an issue of barbarity.

I agree that's barbaric.

Bombing innocent citizens with depleted uranium is also barbaric. It causes the most horrendous, long, painful suffering for hundreds of thousands of innocent victims, including terribly deforemed new born babies.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
So.. To note. I would never kill and eat my own dog.. ever. Maybe there's some situation. Don't want to think about that though..

I honestly, saying that I would not eat a dog.. Don't see the outrage and disgust. We eat animals on a daily basis, kill thousands of them daily and almost none of you shed a tear..

but the moment it's cute doggies getting killed? People get outraged.

Odd.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by camouflaged

This is the kid of attitude that just blows my mind! Someone was raised in a different culture and to you, that makes them "sick" and comparable to cannibals. Jesus! Must people be EXACTLY like to to have your approval?

Thanks for that post, and particularly the above comment. S&F for you.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Yeah, I too value the sanctity of human life over animals. People and cultures that show such disregard for the welfare of animals are also more likely to not care about the lives of humans. I recall studies about human psychosis in serial killers that show a slow progression and transition from cruelty to animals in childhood.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by teapot
reply to post by wcitizen

Yeah, I too value the sanctity of human life over animals. People and cultures that show such disregard for the welfare of animals are also more likely to not care about the lives of humans

I recall studies about human psychosis in serial killers that show a slow progression and transition from cruelty to animals in childhood.

Yes, and we have to include our own culture as well. The conditions in the 'factories' where the 'mass produced' animals live their lives are horrendous, and the way they are transported is barbaric too. Have you ever seen a chicken battery farm? I did and had nightmares about it for weeks.

The animals also show signs of real distress when they are in line to be killed. They sense it and they are scared and distressed.

We will feel the same if we ever end up in FEMA camps, as part of our own government's extermination plan.

Then there are all the abandoned pets which are exterminated each year, as has been mentioned.

It's way too easy and convenient to point the finger at others without taking an honest look at ourselves.

The hunger factor has to be taken into account too. I wonder what western so-called civilised populations will be like if they are starving?

ETA:

The US might be hung up about eating dogs, but a shocking number sure don't seem to be too bothered about their government killing hundreds of thousands of humans in other countries. Many don't even bat an eyelid at that.

edit on 1-6-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint Dogs are stupid-uncontrollable-smelly-beasts and they should be treated like the stupid-uncontrollable-smelly-beasts they are.

You don't get out much do you?
I suspect you haven't had a close relationship with mans best friend?

When you take their dog meat away, what are they going to eat then? I bet none of you care about that. It's easy to say: don't eat dogs, but you can drive down the street and go to the store and buy something different.

I'm a Dog/Pet lover but if the proverbial SHTF I'd have no issues eating Dog/Cat etc but. We are far from that scenario. Besides, the Chinese are gaining wealth. They should be able to purchase more beef from the West. I know American cattlemen would appreciate the increase in business and trade. It would help offset the trade imbalance.

So stfu.

Simple minded rudeness.
Enjoy whistling in the dark.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
You shouldn't eat mammalian carnivores anyway. Not very good meat.

Also I am against the eating of any companion animals. Dogs, Cats, Horses, Parrots, etc. They weren't bred with the specific purpose to be eaten so they should not be eaten. But different cultures are different cultures.
edit on 6/1/2011 by SG-17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Bottom line is it comes down to culture and point of view. For the cultures that eat dog and cat to them they ARE livestock. They ARE bred to be eaten. We do the same with cows here yet in India they are sacred. We also keep guinea pig as pets here. But in south America, namely Peru, they're dinner and eaten regularly. As someone else said the same can be said for pigs - they're intelligent and make great companion animals. Yet they also go good in a bowl of ramen.

Obi-wan Kenobi said it best... Often in life we find that most of the truths we cling to rely upon a certain point of view. Outside of Asia dogs and cats have been domesticated as pets. And because that's how our culture sees them that is our point of view. Just because we choose to treat certain animals differently than other cultures doesn't make us more civilized and them more barbaric by any sense. If so then looking at it from the view point of Hindi we're barbarians for eating cows.

Perspective...
edit on 6/1/2011 by Terrormaster because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join