It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Was Threatened:White House Insider

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Found this on beforeitsnews.com, thought it was worth a post.

The article is kind of vague although it does bring up some interesting points. Why did Trump drop out? It suggests in the article that he was incredibly serious about running for president, any ideas?

______beforeitsnews/story/677/002/Trump_Was_Threatened:White_House_Insider.html
socyberty.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I think he was incredibly serious about making more money for himself by showing NBC that he is a "valuable" commodity. It was a publicity stunt, plain and simple. As for being threatened by the White House, I find that hard to believe. Seeing as the owner of NBC is GE and they have a lot of lobbyists in the WH. This was a win win for both Obama and Trump. Trump makes out like a bandit by acting like a jackass and Obama got to make himself look like a better President than what he truly is.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Threatened with the prospect of having to actually invest in a campaign, reveal tax returns, research the issues, meet with potential voters, take a solid position on the issues in an age of widespread information, and compete against other political heavyweights.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Trump was NEVER going to actually run, it was a dog and pony show.

Trump, a high profile celeb floated the idea of running to gain publicity.

He then trumpeted Obama's birth certificate, which allowed Obama to answer 'this critic' and effectivley close the book on the matter.

Once Obama answered 1 critic in the public eye, the issue becomes null and void no matter how loud the people speak.

Trump then turned his back.

Pathetic how easily they believe they can play the people...
But its just as equally pathetic how people allowed themselves to be played.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Very well put, for someone like him there would be too many risks.

He certainly isn't capable of holding his own against political heavy weights and would be made to look in a fool in serious debates. Not to mention the scrutiny he would go through, I bet he has loads of skeletons in his closet.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
he dropped out because obama made him look like a complete fool during the media dinner.

i still don't know why he attended. i thought trump was smart, but he was set up and mutilated.

he never saw it coming. he would never survive in washington. there are no friends in washington. he couldn't even dodge obama's dirty trick.

even a third rate junior senator would have knew not to attend that dinner. i think he was shocked at the level of crookedness and backstabbing that washington politicians play in.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Goods point about him simply using it for publicity, although he did receive some brutal scorning from Mr President.

Was it really worth it? I thought he was a billionaire? His contract was worth something like 50 or 60 million, I can't really see the point.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

It doesnt matter. He was a tool, and the tool worked, and so it goes........

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I think he dropped out because NBC picked up another season of his show. And I don't think he would have been able to juggle both at the same time. Although I don't get into politics I agree with above poster he did get roasted quiet hard at the dinner lol.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Maybe he was just to vulnerable with all his personal assets. It kind of takes one back to when Ros Perot bailed unexpectedly. He had lots of vulnerable personal assets to.

Maybe it is all about connections and donations with no personal empire to tear down.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

This reminds me of Ross Perot against the bushes. Many allegations of threats until he dropped out. Who knows any more. Does voting work? Can we vote them out?
thanks for the post

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join