It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1979 Video Of National Broadcast- Pittsburgh Daylight UFO'S At Football Game - 52,000 Stadium Atten

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
In the fourth vid if you look at the bottom left at 3 sec mark there is onother one. Then at the 6 sec mark there is another one mid right screen . really fast but visable. WOW very cool find and thanx!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Great post, you took a lot of time and effort to put it together. This is what ATS is all about. I do agree with the spinning kite explanation though. The shape is clearly outlined on several of the shots. Looks like you have your answer.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

This is the coolest ATS thread I have ever read (and yes I am still a newb...but longtime lurker) but this was literally in my backyard.

I too am a native born Yinzer (born and raised in South Oakland n'at) and my late father used to usher at Three Rivers...I REMEMBER THIS 'EVENT' because it was still warm weather (dad didn't work the winter games if he could avoid it) and he talked about 'the UFOs' afterwards. Now we lived in Oakland, so we had alot of Pitt and CMU students renting the old houses around us...so his thought (and I remember this clearly...I was a teen) was that it was 'crazy college kids' who made something and flew it over the Stadium. Whatever it was, it sure made an impression on all who were there. My dad (and me via listening to his stories...and now I post/read pages liked ATS) was a UFO believer/questioner of sorts...he used to hunt, back in the 60s out in Westmoreland County...in Kecksburg(!!!) and that property (alot of acreage) was 'posted' years after whatever crashed there was long cleaned up. It became kind of a fascinating topic of interest in our house.

I cannot wait to view all of the videos you have posted tonight! Awesome...a star and flag n'at for all your efforts...too much work and research to toast with just an Irhn City...so will uncap Rolling Rock when I view the videos...THANKS FOR POSTING THIS!

I

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I don't know what is more disturbing, these UFOs checking out a football game or your insistance that everyone recognise how great you are for "discovering" the ufos.
I think we all get it now, YOU found them.
"We had all better appreciate" your work.
Thank you soooo much.

Are there any other ways in which we can stroke your ego?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Jeez after looking even closer in slow mo there are things flying all over the place very fast throughout vid three and vid four . 12 sec 21 -22 sec-vid three. Very interesting and thanx again OP.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by duckyfresh
Cool videos! To *me* they look like kids toys, but are they stationary the whole time? Any indication if they moved around or were they in the same place each time they were filmed? I didn't listen with audio, which might have answered that.. *sheepish grin*

However, I can't imagine why any sort of vehicle would be spinning so fast.. While the video is definitely genuine in my very uneducated opinion, it seems to me like they're something manmade. Guess it depends how high up they are..

Yeah that's what I kinda think too. They kinda look like silver "frissbee-like" objects, about 5-10 feet across. But who knows what they might be. I would like to know for myself though. It is pretty interesting.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
There are some observations we can make that go against the "spinning kite" theory:

1. The 2 separate objects are moving through the sky in formation
  2. If it were 2 spinning kites, they wouldn't "fly together" in formation
  3. The video is good quality - there are NO KITE STRINGS to be seen
  4. The photos and videos of example spinning kites all have clearly visible kite strings

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

Bravo!!!!!!! Totally awesome find. Got to love the BURGH.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

lol a ufo? Looks awful small to be a ufo if the aliens landed, one of the linemen would probably squash it.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Yep, it's irrefutable. I can't identify those as anything specific...granted, they could be all sorts of things. Like...you know...balloons. They don't seem to behave in any manner inconsistent with an object in the breeze.

But definitely not identifiable. Why is it that we tend to forget what the "U" stands for? Were this definitely a spaceship it would be identified...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by staple
They look like roter kites.
www.ict.griffith.edu.au...
Looks organic like the wind to me and not a inteligent controlled object.

edit on 6/1/2011 by staple because: (no reason given)

All that video did was convince me that they weren't rotor kites. They look nothing like amorphous blobs of flying KY jelly floating through the sky.

If those things are explainable by terrestrial origin, it would have to be something pliable, like an aluminum balloon or perhaps just a really unique video artifact glitch.

Occam's razor fails because people tend to put unbelievable theories (aliens) in the same category as even more unbelievable things (that rotor kites can look like flying contact lenses). This calls for Crabtrees Bludgeon.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

That was awesome! Thanks for posting. There were several things that jumped out at me. First, the commericals and graphics were AMAZING. Second, judging by the repeated questions of "what is that?"...it doesn't seem to be something recognizable. The fact you were watching a repeat of this game is also excellent; great find!

As a side note, for my bro's b-day about ten years ago I found some old '77 Broncos playoff games - vs the Steelers and Raiders...the tempo of the game was soooooo different. They maybe brought in one or two players a series...the breaks were shorter...the game MOVED! And yeah, what were those things?

CJ

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Not even close. Take another look at the OP's last video. Don't focus on the two object's that you can clearly see. Instead look for what seems to be the videos film grain.. I ount over 50 object's that shoot across the screen very very very fast, even in slow motion.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
looks like falling/floating confetti... something that's typical at sports stadiums.
...but, who knows.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
There are some observations we can make that go against the "spinning kite" theory:

1. The 2 separate objects are moving through the sky in formation
  2. If it were 2 spinning kites, they wouldn't "fly together" in formation
  3. The video is good quality - there are NO KITE STRINGS to be seen
  4. The photos and videos of example spinning kites all have clearly visible kite strings

Very good rundown of the facts! Let's not forget that the types of kites that could have caused this sighting were not patented until 1997. For anyone who thinks these are kites, please go fly two kites side by side and watch their behavior. They will sway apart from each other and may even tangle if they get this close.

I doubt these are kites unless they are somehow tethered to each other. I wish we had some more eye witness testimony from someone who was there. It should not be too hard to find more info on this, maybe some old local newspapers covered it?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the hard work you've put into this and for making a totally great thread. Many people on ATS, (I hope, 'cos I am) are totally hacked off with the rubbish posted on this site of late, but you've really cheered me up with this. I'm going with the rotor kite explanation, but what a beaut of a story. I wish that someday I have something this good to post. S&F

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Cool footage, I like it. But this thread just goes to show how UFO fans sensationalize and misinform in their rush to provide proof.

Speaking as a sports fan, you should retract your statement about how #68 (i think it was 68) got a false start for "standing around staring at the UFOs!" No such think happened in those videos. I dont even see any of the players looking to the sky, much less the offensive lineman that got 2 straight penalties because he was matched against an angry Steelers D at the end of a game that had been owning them all day.
edit on 1-6-2011 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SelfSustainedLoner
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Not even close. Take another look at the OP's last video. Don't focus on the two object's that you can clearly see. Instead look for what seems to be the videos film grain.. I ount over 50 object's that shoot across the screen very very very fast, even in slow motion.

These are called "compression artifacts".

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I rarely comment on the ufo stuff because most of it is just lights in the night sky, which could be anything, but every so often a clip really intrigues me.

on your 4th clip the 'slow motion after commentary' one at around 9 secs in, there seems to be something above the two disks which seems to separate and move away from each other very quickly, Im sure its already been mentioned but can this be accounted for as a fault in the recording , 70s cameras ...etc?

I am a mild skeptic myself, I'm still undecided, altho the conference with all those military types did prick my interest in the subject as did an experience I had which if I hadnt been a ridiculously high 15 yr old at the time wouldve surely cemented my stance as a witness and believer, but these clips have some what reawakened my interest in the topic and for that and the tireless hard work youve put into getting these clips online I thank you.

If these are ufos I find it strange that one of the commentors quite quickly describes them (rather bizarrely) as illusions, If this was a true 'happening' I guess it just goes to show how quickly some people will revert to blindly ignoring the fantastical when witnessing such an event

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Why has this thread got 84 flags????

I believe there are things out there but these vids clearly show some kind of kite or balloons which were let fly by whoever had them.... for starters they are way too thin and small to be any craft with anyone in them....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join