It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1979 Video Of National Broadcast- Pittsburgh Daylight UFO'S At Football Game - 52,000 Stadium Atten

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
they never found out who won the coin toss, till this day the coin is still flipping in the air. true story.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Droogie
It would've been nice if there was some independent eyewitness reports along with it.

Nonetheless, thanks for sharing.

Actually, I have those! I work at about 10 local hospitals. And it seems it was a much discussed subject. I am not ashamed to talk about this. And got quite a bit of persepective. From what I understand, this was a major event in the main city. Now how about that? I was never aware of this living in the suburbs! Wowza!
edit on 1-6-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
they never found out who won the coin toss, till this day the coin is still flipping in the air. true story.

Good one!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
NIce work. It's difficult to gather and take apart then reassemble bits of digital pieces to put online for others to experience. I'm replying because while I don't know what the UFO/kites are, I did just in the past oh, 7 days, happen upon a goofy movie on Netflix about the religious group in Florida that is mentioned at the beginning of the news section on the second video clip of yours, towards the end. The movie was called Square Riggers or something doofy. I only watched 20 mins of it, but it's a coincidence that I came across the subject twice in the same week or so having never previously heard of it.

ImdB Square Grouper

Well I had the name half-remembered, at least.
edit on 1-6-2011 by kkrattiger because: "heard" not "hearing"

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I flagged you for this because I saw this when it actually happened. I've even posted about it on at least one other website. No sure what it was that's in the video but I have remembered ever since then.

Thanks for finding the video.
ETA: Roto kite...that does make sense. Mystery solved.

edit on 6/1/2011 by Blueracer because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/1/2011 by Blueracer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Fourth video looks like birds. Camera focusing on the far away could make them seem like moving, spinning orbs.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
You can clearly see another UFO right at the beginning of the fourth video. It´s cigar shaped like most of them are described during UFO sightings though i guess it could be drones or some kind. It´s a great find and i never heard of it before. Thanks for the footage and to the people with the kite ideas. Look at the damn year. It was 1979 and there was no technology to even build a rotor-kite back then.

Someone posted the first rotor-kite came around in the year 1997 though the kite explanation is just bullsh*t.

Star and flag for sharing.

edit on 1-6-2011 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
I've heard of this story before and it's nice to be able to see what happened and how. I don't think the objects are rotor-kites or flip-kites, but still some type of kite or tethered balloon. I had a look at the wind speed to see what could stay up there without being blown away or unable to fly...

Around 12 mph is ideal for kite-flying. Perfect!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fb40ebb25b65.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/192895c66524.png[/atsimg]

I just wanted to quote you to say nice job looking that up.
The wind speed is spot on.

This is exactly why I originally joined ATS. This makes me want to do my ufo hoax study even more. I will documnent it and post.

edit on 1-6-2011 by liejunkie01 because: I edited out the bottom photo to save space. sorry

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Very nice research. Thank you for the effort.

Does anyone know what the point spread was that day?

Chuck Knoxx COULD have put a magnet in the football...and He activated it everytime Pittsburg got down inside the 20. That thing in the sky was used as "polarity pull" on the ball.

Maybe?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I keep noticing another 2 ufo's just to the left of the ufo at approx 7.00sec into the 4th video-that quickly disappear.
www.youtube.com...=7s
Also, was the technology available the for 'spy' cameras like this?
Maybe it was new technology that they were trying out???

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Star and flag to you.
I'm also from the Burg and younz guys did a great job n'at!
I remember that happening caus I was drinken an arron city
n' almost choked on my jumbo sammich!
My friends came in from
Ohiya and we went downstreet to the local bar to watch the game.
www.stangordon.info...
This link is to Stan Gordons ufo site. He is located in Greensburg
and you may find it interesting since he covers western pa. sightings.
he may have somthing in his archives relating to this sighting.
See yuz later

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Thick rise, helps protect your skin from irritation

Dude, excellent work! I dunno what we got here but it's awesome! Thanks for all you've done!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by reD3vil
Probably just swamp gas or kites with LED lights

nothing to see here!

Gee. Thanks for your insight.

OP - thank you for this! The UFO on the right does look like this toy bird I used to own where you'd hang it up and had slightly rounded wings and you'd pull the string at the bottom to make the wings flap... any one know what toy I'm talking about?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Pretty cool vids and awesome job OP. The kites look like a possibility, though with the patent info...maybe not. I completely disagree with a photo journalist would have caught it...why would they? Has anyone ever been close enough to a photographer during an event to notice their behavior? I have. They almost never take their eye away from the viewfinder and have zero clue what's going around them. S+F for a great thread.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swizzy
Fantastic video! Hard to imagine it actually containing aliens...such a weird craft.!

Could be a probe? Could be a trap!
I don't know what the hell those things were

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
Listen closely to all non-football related discussions. There is also a false start by #68 from Dallas due to the UFO distraction. Followed by a quick shot of the 2 UFO's again.

I have to agree with your interpretation of events; there is no indication that anyone was distracted by the objects. No one is even looking up. Going into the huddle, #67 does look up, but in the opposite direction of where #68 (who committed the penalty) was looking. I doubt anyone in the stadium ever say the object; the only reason Summerall saw it was because a camera-man focused on it. Can we say with any certainty this was even above the stadium and not outside it?

You also say in the description of the YouTube video that they broke away from a commercial to show the object; however play starts just five seconds after the cut-away. Most likely the cut-away because the producer mis-timed the length of the commercials, and it had nothing to do with the "UFOs".

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
What a great post! S&F!!!
It doesn't look like birds or kites to me BTW.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Awesome vid. I live in the Burgh and my father told me of this happening when I was little (back in the 80s) but I totally forgot about it and just passed it off as him playing with my very young and very rotted star wars brain at the time. He and my grandma were at the game and supposedly this was a freaky scene.

They have both passed since then but seeing this video gives what they said that much more credit and as it is a local thing too it makes it just that much cooler. S&F op, although truth be told they do look like kites to me. I'm still on the fence about this one.

Trowa
edit on 1/6/11 by TrowaBarton because: srtructure

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

You definitely got a star and flag from me for this work!

and some thumbs up.

I must have missed that game, I would remember it if I had seen it back then.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

In the fourth clip I do believe I see a third ufo in the background does anyone else see it?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join