It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1979 Video Of National Broadcast- Pittsburgh Daylight UFO'S At Football Game - 52,000 Stadium Atten

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Interesting.
While those rotor kites look similar to the OP, the ones in the videos look significantly different.
They look very much like gyroscopes with the rotating inner piece completely surrounded by an outer ring.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by IPILYA
They appear to me to be U.F.O. Kites like the one I had as a kid. It had a pole in the middle and was connected to the string from both ends so it spins. Mine was metallic red on one circle and the other was metallic blue. Here are some examples....

It appears that bhornbuckle75 posted a video of the same kite while I was getting pics together Well done.
edit on 1-6-2011 by IPILYA because: (no reason given)

That seems like a pretty logical explanation, actually.

I have not seen these kites before, but I can see how they could very well be what is in the video.

That said, it is nice to see a video that I have not even heard of before. And it is actually decent footage to.

Very cool.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck
Interesting.
While those rotor kites look similar to the OP, the ones in the videos look significantly different.
They look very much like gyroscopes with the rotating inner piece completely surrounded by an outer ring.

More like this?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by IPILYA

Yeah, that's the ticket.
One of those with some kind of reflective covering,
I could see that.
Did they have those in '79?

+27 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Alright, after a little research, mostly through patents, I believe that they cannot be kites.
The earliest patent I can find for the type of kite that people originally postulated it might be was never filed as a patent until '95, which was issued in '97.
95 patent filing

Further, the kite pointed out to me that I feel most looks like the objects in the '79 videos, itself wasn't filed until 2007 and still waiting to be issued.
Wingert 2007 filing

In other news, congratulation OPer, I never thought I'd ever find myself pouring through patent filings.
edit on 6/1/2011 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75
reply to post by elouina

I LOVE posts like this!!! It's a UFO video that I have never seen before....also it's one that comes from a time well before computer animation made such hoaxes quite easy to perform......

Unfortunately, I think I've debunked it.....or at least I have a pretty good Idea of what these things are. I think they are rotor kites. Such Kites have been around for a while. Take a look at this link and tell me if this isn't the likely culprit.

You know I was wondering if it was a weather balloon. I had a millionaire uncle that got rich off of great ideas. He once sold weather balloons at ball games. Although he did it earler than this, I wasn't so sure what to think. And I am still up in the air. If I was 100% certain this was man made, I wouldn't have posted this. I just think it was great that I was able to find this footage and in such great shape. It marks a great moment in history, no matter what it is. Seriously... Human reactions to a perceived UFO.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I came back to give you a star and flag. This is good footage even if it may be the kite. I enjoyed watching it.

He told me to not tell a soul! And seemed very concerned that I kept my promise.

I believe that he told you this because he did not want you (or he knew you would) tell everybody it was him that told you. I bet he didn't want any negative publicity from the neighborhood. Just my take on it, I think he was a little paranoid thats all.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by metaldave

How does a rebuttal of a fake video constitute an "off topic" deletion???

All I said was
"At least try & make a good fake video... (basically)" LOL

Seriously, does anyone think this could actually be true???

SOS...
edit on 1-6-2011 by metaldave because: Why Off Topic? Seriously...???

I have two purchased videos that says so, You want the links? May I suggest the second link since the video is fab! He only wanted $7 but I gave him $10, since this was worth it to me. Anyone want the original video, please PM me. This dude was not in it for money. He just wanted the sports trades. He had no idea what he had.
edit on 1-6-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Flag for your work. and because you're from the Burgh!!

Kite, or no kite, still very cool. Loved those commericals....

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine
Flag for your work. and because you're from the Burgh!!

Kite, or no kite, still very cool. Loved those commericals....

And you know that the folks from the burgh are friendly and full of integrity. I would never fib. EVER!!! Thank you for your kind words. I can not reiterate it enough. It is an interesting find, whether UFO or man made. Super big hugz!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Watch this video and see why this isn't anything spectacular or interesting (read: aliens).

First 15 seconds.

edit on 1/6/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Watch this video and see why these can't be anything spectacular or interesting.

First 15 seconds.

If you meant the Marajuana and 60 minute commercial, I thought it was cute. And left it be. So I have a sense of humor....
I found it hiilarious. A great monument of time.
edit on 1-6-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

No no not that, although it's a nice glimpse at what was the hot topic 30 odd years ago.

I was meaning all the photographers at the game with telephoto lenses, you can see them right at the start of the vid.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
"U.F.O." does not equal "Alien".

U=Unidentified

F=Flying

O=Object

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by elouina

No no not that, although it's a nice glimpse at what was the hot topic 30 odd years ago.

I was meaning all the photographers at the game with telephoto lenses, you can see them right at the start of the vid.

The announcers had control over the telephoto business. I can remember them zooming in at least during the 2n'd UFO shot. Eh.. I really dunno what it is. I just love the footage irregardless. But seeing my Youtube stats, the marajuana clip is the most popular.
Gotta love those 70's!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck
"U.F.O." does not equal "Alien".

U=Unidentified

F=Flying

O=Object

I agree!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I've heard of this story before and it's nice to be able to see what happened and how. I don't think the objects are rotor-kites or flip-kites, but still some type of kite or tethered balloon. I had a look at the wind speed to see what could stay up there without being blown away or unable to fly...

Around 12 mph is ideal for kite-flying. Perfect!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fb40ebb25b65.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/192895c66524.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/816a2b50be12.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thank you! Being a scientist, this is the kind of info I am looking for.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Not the video camera.

The photographers.

There would be a heap of photos of the object.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Congratulations, very nice find. I appreciate you taking the time to put all this together for us.

However, it seems like the two objects is distorted due to the poor quality of the cameras or the converting process. And as it has been pointed out earlier, they look remarkably close to the rotor kites, but it can also resemble a couple of birds flapping their wings. This might be a bit of a stretch though.

I won't put my money on what exactly it might be. It would've been nice if there was some independent eyewitness reports along with it.

Nonetheless, thanks for sharing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join