It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Illuminati a self fulfilling prophecy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I've been dabbling with this idea for a while now, and would like to share and see what others think..

Personally, I don't believe in a group that controls the world (Illuminati or whatever you want to call it) or The Powers That Be or any of that, but what if by alienating the people you believe are TPTB you are actually creating an elitist group that does want to rule the world?

Now, if i was a famous athlete, singer, actor, and people were constantly saying i belonged to a group that was trying to control the world and enslave people, i would get offended and would distance myself from everyday people and would then only associate with people i felt comfortable around (Other rich people that dont call me an elitist satan worshiper)

I dunno, i just feel like the extent that most conspiracy theorist go, alienates people to the point of creating groups and even embracing some of the things that might not have even been true in the first place..

any thoughts?
edit on 1-6-2011 by squirelnutz because: terrorists made me

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by squirelnutz

That doesn't make it a self-fulfilling prophecy, you're just describing Paranoia.

The thing is, even if you look at it from that particular perspective (that is, it's all in our heads, we're creating the Illuminati), what would have to make it self-fulfilling prophecy is the power of our minds to create such devastating events such as the so called false flag attacks and inside jobs such as 9/11.

Which isn't probable, in my opinion.
edit on 1-6-2011 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by squirelnutz
I've been dabbling with this idea for a while now, and would like to share and see what others think..

Personally, I don't believe in a group that controls the world (Illuminati or whatever you want to call it) or The Powers That Be or any of that, but what if by alienating the people you believe are TPTB you are actually creating an elitist group that does want to rule the world?

Now, if i was a famous athlete, singer, actor, and people were constantly saying i belonged to a group that was trying to control the world and enslave people, i would get offended and would distance myself from everyday people and would then only associate with people i felt comfortable around (Other rich people that dont call me an elitist satan worshiper)

I dunno, i just feel like the extent that most conspiracy theorist go, alienates people to the point of creating groups and even embracing some of the things that might not have even been true in the first place..

any thoughts?
edit on 1-6-2011 by squirelnutz because: terrorists made me

So your saying the egg created the chicken? But even if the idea of conspiracy created the conspiracy, would it not still be a conspiracy? It seems more likely to me that the conspiracy eggsisted first though. Eggspecialy since the Alumbrados were the Illuminati back in the 15th century. They became the Jesuits through Ignatius Loyola. The Jesuits were banned in 1773, the Illuminati show up in 1776 created by a Jesuit. Follow history, the pieces then all fall into place. If that turns people away, so be it. The facts are the facts, and the conspiracy is real even if people are to chicken to learn the truth.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Yeah, i know what your saying, but i couldn't think of a better way to title the thread lol..

I mean, maybe, it's already happened, but could conspiracy nuts be to blame?

thats pretty much what i was trying to get at

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

I think there are a lot of different groups that would love to control the world, but they're all vying for the same goal, thus making it unachievable for everyone else.. I dont think theres a united 'Illuminati' is what i meant by not believing in TPTB/NWO scenerio

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

I think there are a lot of different groups that would love to control the world, but they're all vying for the same goal, thus making it unachievable for everyone else.. I dont think theres a united 'Illuminati' is what i meant by not believing in TPTB/NWO scenerio

All I'm saying is go to the Catholic encyclopedia and type in Alumbrados.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by squirelnutz

If the society of elites does not exist can you explain why the attendees
of LadyBird Johnson's (President Lyndon Baines Johnson's late wife)
funeral are flashing a Baphomet symbol ?

Take note, the priests are making the sign as well.

Are these elderly people Metal fans ?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Version100

Texas Longhorns (hangs head in shame)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

www.newadvent.org...

I looked it up there, and it kinda goes with what I'm saying, in that, a group was persecuted and believed to be outcasts for certain beliefs, but they were already a group..

I thought Jesuits were just another faction of Christianity.. The article says St. Ignatius of Loyola was one of the suspects

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Phantom

Why hang your head in shame ?

Texas has always been a place of importance to the elite.

They popped JFK there for a reason.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

www.newadvent.org...

I looked it up there, and it kinda goes with what I'm saying, in that, a group was persecuted and believed to be outcasts for certain beliefs, but they were already a group..

I thought Jesuits were just another faction of Christianity.. The article says St. Ignatius of Loyola was one of the suspects

Ignatius was one of the suspects of being an Illuminati, he created the Jesuits. The Jesuits created trouble all over the world, even Catholic nations expelled them, leading to the Pope expelling them in 1773. In 1776 the Bavarian Illuminati show up created by a Jesuit that taught at a Jesuit controlled school. Here are some quotes about them.

"I do not like the reappearance of the Jesuits...Shall we not have regular swarms of them here, in as
many disguises as only a king of the gypsies can assume, dressed as printers, publishers, writers and
schoolmasters? If ever there was a body of men who merited eternal damnation on earth and in hell, it is
this Society of Loyola's. Nevertheless, we are compelled by our system of religious toleration to offer
them an asylum...."- Jefferson

"The Jesuits are a secret society, a sort of Masonic order with superadded features of revolting odiousness, and a thousand times more dangerous." -Samuel Morse

"It is my opinion that if the liberties of this country, the United States of America are destroyed, it will be by the subtlety of the Roman Catholic Jesuit priests, for they are the most crafty, dangerous enemies to civil and religious liberty. They have instigated MOST of the wars of Europe." -Marquis de LaFayette

"The Jesuits are a MILITARY organization, not a religious order. Their chief is a general of an army, not
the mere father abbot of a monastery. And the aim of this organization is power, power in its most
despotic exercise absolute power, universal power, power to control the world by the volition of a single
man. Jesuitism is the most absolute of despotisms, and at the same time the greatest and most
enormous of abuses." -Napoleon

These are just some examples of people that knew history. The Illuminati were Christians, that became the Jesuits in order to stomp out the reformation and create a one world order for the Catholic Church. After they were banned they hid behind Jews and the title Illuminati, that just means enlightened, and continued that goal. But the plan for a world order does exist, the Illuminati do exist and history tells us why. We didn't make them up historical facts are facts.

edit on 1-6-2011 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Wow, thats all fascinating, I never knew the Jesuits were like that.. I always just figured they were an offshoot of Christianity, but from what it sounds like, they took some parts and made their own beliefs

I'll have to do some research and get back to you..

Thank you for bringing that to my attention

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Version100

Originally posted by The_Phantom

Why hang your head in shame ?

Texas has always been a place of importance to the elite.

They popped JFK there for a reason.

It's very possible your right, I didn't consider that view point before posting.

top topics

join