It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The elderly offer their lives to help reduce the impact of Fukushima

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I found this earlier and thought it was very heart-warming. These are noble people that understand that there are going to be people after them that have to deal with the world we are creating.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Stringycheeseman

This just goes to show that Courage, Compassion, Honor and Valor know no bounds to Race, Religion, Age or Creed.

Negative Events at Fukushima could very well impact the entire world. In disregarding their health and safety they may very well be saving us all.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Taken from this link

My generation, the old generation, promoted the nuclear plants. If we don't take responsibility, who will?
--Kazuko Sasaki

Amazing. I cannot even find words.
2nd

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

That right there is some real courage. Honorable people I must say. Though it kind of makes me teary eyed...why can't we just send the evil people of the world in?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I said, in an earlier post, that there is nothing more honourable than sacrificing yourself in the service of others. These people are the personification of that statement. Here is your true hero. They are not soldiers, daring adventurers or brave explorers. These are regular people taking the responsibilty to save others. They seek no reward or financial gain. In fact, most of these people will receive death as their payment.

It is this that illustrates true human spirit. If only politicains had this mindset. What a better world we would live in.

God Bless them all.
edit on 1/6/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

This is at least the third thread on the Skilled Veterans Corps, though you have a different source. Here are two previous threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com... -1st duplicate
www.abovetopsecret.com... -original

As discussed in the other thread, this is an admirable thing to volunteer for, but they were going to need a lot more volunteers given the magnitude of the problem.

However the Japanese seem to be pretty good at building robots, but most of them aren't radiation hardened, so I have to wonder if they aren't building some radiation hardened robots that won't fail when exposed to radiation. If they have enough of those, they might not have to sacrifice as many people.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Poker

it seems to know every other race, except for North Americans lol

new topics

top topics

join