It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tree houses are no longer legal!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous
WTF? this is seriously insane!

Poor kids! people complain all the time that they just stay indoors glued to their x-boxes & playstations nowadays - and when finally some kids are outdoors in the fresh air having fun with their tree house, it's suddenly not allowed anymore, prohibited, VERBOTEN!!

Have people completely lost their minds?

I had a dream once, that all people who left their homes were required to use a giant hamster ball for their protection.

Fact is.. things happen! I do construction work (all phases) and I may get a bump, a cut, or a bruise at times. That's simply part of the job that I chose to do. With the Workmans Comp. Ladder safety regulations in this state, you technically cannot even work off of a ladder... but you can climb to the top using 3 point contact at all times. It's ridiculous!

I'm sorry, but if you can't climb a ladder gracefully and with comfort, you may want to find a different line of work

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by forall2see
I'm simply sharing my experience in Seattle as I have been here for my entire life... and Kitsap, although a different county is close enough to home for me.

Good for you. Depends on your perspective. I live in Kitsap County, not Seattle. Seattle is an entirely different world than anywhere else in the state. Being close to Seattle is a liability. I think we're actually on the same page here. It's just that I object to your extending the boundaries of Seattle over here.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

No no no. I in fact do NOT live within the city limits of Seattle. I like my quiet country in the foothills ;-)

You guys have it good over there as well! I like to make the trip around the peninsula with the kids once a year. We start in Suquamish, head all the way down to Pacific Beach, and on up through the rainforests, shoot out to Neah Bay, back through PA, Anecortes and down again. Camping all along the way. It usually takes up an entire week. The peninsula is devastatingly beautiful in so many unique ways!

There are also so many places to create excellent Tree Houses

I'm wondering if I should have my Architect and engineer draw me up some stuff for the trip this year. We really do need an Ewok village

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
By the way... the headline....

Its because you can't even build a tree house without big bro givin you shyt!

I call obvious granny state....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join